A good class for a beginner ?

> @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

>

Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> >

>

> Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> >

>

> Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > >

> >

> > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

>

> I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

>

>

Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > >

> >

> > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

>

> Do you recommend any builds for it ?

>

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

_(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> >

> > I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> >

> >

>

> Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

>

Uh yea I kinda tried that but... I kinda lost 7 matches in a row. : )

> > > >

> > >

> > > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

> >

> > Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> >

>

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

> _(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

> Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

> SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

>

I don't really like Spellbreaker, I find full counter to be a strange thing. :v

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> > >

> > > I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

> >

>

> Uh yea I kinda tried that but... I kinda lost 7 matches in a row. : )

>

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

> > >

> > > Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> > >

> >

> > https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

> > _(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

> > Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

> > SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

> >

>

> I don't really like Spellbreaker, I find full counter to be a strange thing. :v

Well that's unpleasant, because I was about to suggest Boonbeast as second best profession to start with, they are both pretty powerful. Losing 7 matches in a row happens to everyone quite often due to low population that Matchmaker has to work with, so are you sure you lost because of the Build? After all, if you're new to pvp it was unlikely to end up other way _(not meant as an offense!)_

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> > > >

> > > > I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

> > >

> >

> > Uh yea I kinda tried that but... I kinda lost 7 matches in a row. : )

> >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

> > > >

> > > > Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> > > >

> > >

> > > https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

> > > _(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

> > > Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

> > > SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

> > >

> >

> > I don't really like Spellbreaker, I find full counter to be a strange thing. :v

>

> Well that's unpleasant, because I was about to suggest Boonbeast as second best profession to start with, they are both pretty powerful. Losing 7 matches in a row happens to everyone quite often due to low population that Matchmaker has to work with, so are you sure you lost because of the Build? After all, if you're new to pvp it was unlikely to end up other way _(not meant as an offense!)_

No offense taken bud, I know I am bad at PvP cause I am new, but maybe I was not bad because of the build, maybe I will give it another shot.

I also find it more fun to play PvP with a friend but not a lot of my friends play PvP. :v

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Uh yea I kinda tried that but... I kinda lost 7 matches in a row. : )

> > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

> > > > _(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

> > > > Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

> > > > SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't really like Spellbreaker, I find full counter to be a strange thing. :v

> >

> > Well that's unpleasant, because I was about to suggest Boonbeast as second best profession to start with, they are both pretty powerful. Losing 7 matches in a row happens to everyone quite often due to low population that Matchmaker has to work with, so are you sure you lost because of the Build? After all, if you're new to pvp it was unlikely to end up other way _(not meant as an offense!)_

>

> No offense taken bud, I know I am bad at PvP cause I am new, but maybe I was not bad because of the build, maybe I will give it another shot.

>

> I also find it more fun to play PvP with a friend but not a lot of my friends play PvP. :v

Are you on EU or NA servers?

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Uh yea I kinda tried that but... I kinda lost 7 matches in a row. : )

> > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

> > > > > _(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

> > > > > Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

> > > > > SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't really like Spellbreaker, I find full counter to be a strange thing. :v

> > >

> > > Well that's unpleasant, because I was about to suggest Boonbeast as second best profession to start with, they are both pretty powerful. Losing 7 matches in a row happens to everyone quite often due to low population that Matchmaker has to work with, so are you sure you lost because of the Build? After all, if you're new to pvp it was unlikely to end up other way _(not meant as an offense!)_

> >

> > No offense taken bud, I know I am bad at PvP cause I am new, but maybe I was not bad because of the build, maybe I will give it another shot.

> >

> > I also find it more fun to play PvP with a friend but not a lot of my friends play PvP. :v

>

> Are you on EU or NA servers?

NA servers, even tho I live in Sweden, went there cause I have more friends in the NA regions than the EU ones.

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Uh yea I kinda tried that but... I kinda lost 7 matches in a row. : )

> > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

> > > > > > _(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

> > > > > > Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

> > > > > > SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't really like Spellbreaker, I find full counter to be a strange thing. :v

> > > >

> > > > Well that's unpleasant, because I was about to suggest Boonbeast as second best profession to start with, they are both pretty powerful. Losing 7 matches in a row happens to everyone quite often due to low population that Matchmaker has to work with, so are you sure you lost because of the Build? After all, if you're new to pvp it was unlikely to end up other way _(not meant as an offense!)_

> > >

> > > No offense taken bud, I know I am bad at PvP cause I am new, but maybe I was not bad because of the build, maybe I will give it another shot.

> > >

> > > I also find it more fun to play PvP with a friend but not a lot of my friends play PvP. :v

> >

> > Are you on EU or NA servers?

>

> NA servers, even tho I live in Sweden, went there cause I have more friends in the NA regions than the EU ones.

Ah well, in that case I can't help you with the lack of pvp mates.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Still, if you have fun playing certain profession in PvE then you should find what build it uses in Ranked and play that instead, because in the end you'll _probably_ only have fun If you'll play what you like.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am a druid main, and as far as I have heard, which admitedly, is not a lot, Druid is not a viable class in PvP.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well ye Druid is not viable, but if you enjoy Ranger then old Boonbeast still is.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Uh yea I kinda tried that but... I kinda lost 7 matches in a row. : )

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"GoldenPants.1870" said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Warrior, not the most OP profession out there, but definitely the easiest one. You can learn how to warrior in no time. It also has somewhat stable meta with simple rotation.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Do you recommend any builds for it ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

> > > > > > > _(links are broken at the moment, you have to copy it)_

> > > > > > > Both work, difference being that SB has more sustain and less dmg than Core and thus is SB also more fitting for its role of a sidenoder while also giving you more space to learn the profession since initially you'll die slower so you can at least see what led to that.

> > > > > > > SB is also ther preferred one in the Meta environment.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't really like Spellbreaker, I find full counter to be a strange thing. :v

> > > > >

> > > > > Well that's unpleasant, because I was about to suggest Boonbeast as second best profession to start with, they are both pretty powerful. Losing 7 matches in a row happens to everyone quite often due to low population that Matchmaker has to work with, so are you sure you lost because of the Build? After all, if you're new to pvp it was unlikely to end up other way _(not meant as an offense!)_

> > > >

> > > > No offense taken bud, I know I am bad at PvP cause I am new, but maybe I was not bad because of the build, maybe I will give it another shot.

> > > >

> > > > I also find it more fun to play PvP with a friend but not a lot of my friends play PvP. :v

> > >

> > > Are you on EU or NA servers?

> >

> > NA servers, even tho I live in Sweden, went there cause I have more friends in the NA regions than the EU ones.

>

> Ah well, in that case I can't help you with the lack of pvp mates.

Well that sucks. :(

> Hello ! I am primarily a PvE player, as I mostly raid, but I have been more curious about PvP over the years, so I ask you guys here, what would be a good starting class to play in Ranked PvP ?

Warrior (Berserker) I'd say. You generally put the burden of playing well on your opponent with that class - just press all the skills and if they don't know how to dodge some of them they die.

Scourge is also very good on lower ranks and very easy to play.

There are 2-3 ppl still playing Druid more or less successful in ranked and some even in ATs. In particular in ranked you can make everything work if you are good enough. Your build just needs to fill a role for conquest and should have trait synergy. I am sure you either can make a bunkerish side noder druid work just as a longbow rotation dmg dealer Druid, same goes for core Ranger. Still Soulbeast most likely would offer a bit stronger variant of each. Maybe ask in the Ranger sub forum for pvp builds for druid. If you wanna play another class (core+dh) Guard is clearly easier than Warrior.

Honestly, for learning PvP, I would recommend Thief.

Its not the "best" or "easiest" at the moment, but, what playing Thief does is it really FORCES you to think about where you are on the map, where you're going, why you're going there, what you're hoping to achieve, etc etc which is what new players (and even players in P1) always struggle the most with. Winning 1v1s is really not what 5v5 Conquest is about, but not many people understand this. You can easily get into the top-50 without winning a single 1v1.

Its very easy to start playing Scourge or Holo or whatever, run mid, get lots of big numbers, and have no understanding of what's happening where or why. It won't help you grow long-term.

I disagree woth most of what people reccomend here.

Warrior is not an easy class. It is simple to learn but hard to master and if you dont master it you will be punished hard.

I do reccomend learning with side noder though. It is a good place to start learning pvp since you will learn about rotaiting and get plenty of 1v1s.

Don't learn PVP as thief, you will have a hard time and be crucified by your ream if you don't perform your role.

Personally I reccomend mesmer. It has a similar kit to thief but far more sustain and damage. The current broken build is Chaotic Interuption (Ci) so you can lock down opponents, interupt rez attempts etc. spam clones and evades for days.

It has reflects, sustain evades mobility and nasty condi damage which are verging on passive so you have a lot of time to think about movement and watch the map which is arguably the most important aspect of being good at pvp.

You can also leave easily when outnumbered with blink (long range + vertical mobility) or even stealth (though the meta build does not run invis, its not needed). Act like a clone and nobody can even target you... You will be hiding in an army of clones while your opponents rage quit

The only problem is that the build is due a hefty nerf, but mesmer has so many tools that another viable and broken build always surfaces.

Id get to grips with it before the nerf, it is easily the most braindead, easy to learn and effective class in pvp for a beginner. Until you get to Plat when people will suss you out, but by then you'll be seeing some nasty 1 shot mesmers which in the right hands is even more cancer.

As I'm writing this im thinking.. why aren't I playing mesmer? Well its actually because i find it almost like cheating. It kills me a little inside. So im trying to get good with thief.

Good luck and have fun!

Tbh play what gives you the most fun. Switching from PvE to PvP anyway is like starting from 0, players aint AI, they are improvising things and you cant be 100% sure whats gonna happen next (especially on low elo). The more you play one class the better you are at it, know your limits, combos and what classes you can easily 1v1 and what duels you shouldnt even start because its rather pointless.

But if you want sth easy Id take warrior for sure, its forgiving alot of bad decisions and in lower tiers ppl shouldnt be punishing you for bad FC/Enduring Pain/Block etc usage or predicting things. Scourge or Mirage wouldnt be a bad choice either, even spamming skills with those ends as ez win ez life. Next goes soulbeast and holo, also decent choices and in hands of newbie vs other newbies can get easily carried by class "mechanics, damage, sustain" itself.

Wouldnt recommend teef or revenant, unless you want to master those classes. As thief you'll get punished alot by making bad decisions/skill usage, ppl in team will get angry at you and start blaming you (as usual, teef life). Similar goes with rev, you have high damage and decent mobility although if you dont know what you're doing you can get easily outplayed. But as I said, if you master those classes you will be a beast, until then just another punching bag.

Weaver is another story I wouldnt recommend. Lots of rotations, combinations, pianist gameplay. Good weaver will deal decent damage while evading attacks, bad/newbies will usually at best start evade-machine but wont deal any damage, get kited and after maybe 20s will be more useless than Repeater.

_subjective opinion_

> @"TanksK.4795" said:

> spell breaker, heal firebrand, scourge.

Lul. Did you play fb and scg? Both these specs cannot be played solo at all in ranked and this is not an exaggeration. Even when together it is very susceptible to +1's in a teamfight in current meta. I would suggest him something like spellbreaker or holo with great sustain and oh shit buttons while dealing great damage.