Queen Guantlet too hard? Why release impossible fights for festivals?

Roy.5639

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> Keep in mind that these bosses tend to have a trick to them. In the case of Turai Ossa, he has a buff that makes him take very little damage. You're supposed to avoid his attacks and survive until he leaps to the center of the arena and begins to charge a ranged attack. CC him at this point and you will stun him, removing the buff and making him vulnerable to damage. This is the only way to win this fight. You can't beat him without removing that buff.

I'm quite sure that you can also block/evade that atack, and that would remove the buff as well (he is throwing the shield/sword that are the source of those buffs - they bounce back to him when they hit, but not when they miss)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> For everyone who is saying these bosses are meant to be hard, that is the point of the OPs post, they should not be that hard. A little reading with comprehension is required here. I totally agree that these need to be tuned down, not everybody wants to spend time doing research on how to beat the boss or what is the current optimized build for the class that is the most optimal to use against each boss. If I wanted homework I would go back to school, this game I do to relax after doing real work.

>

They arent that hard. Everybody who has problems with these bosses almost always wants to run in and hit once so it dies and they collect rewards. I do not think that should be the case. Even a game thats "Casual" like this should have some things that are hard to beat, like these bosses, and honestly the only really hard ones are Liadri, and Turia. I beat the rest of them on a zerker ele with a staff, pretty much the worst combo to run for the bosses.

As a veteran player, I feel you, Doc.

I too have problem with the bosses, I think they are vastly overtuned - especially since classes are in general weaker than they were when Gauntlet was originally released.

I dearly hope ArenaNet adresses this issue and makes the game more accessible for casual players like us, members of the Champion's Club.

I really REALLY can't feel what OP is saying. Aside from Liadri and Turai that really took me some hours changing builds and creating strategies (and i enjoyed A LOT) almost all other bosses were based on smashing all burst options i have (playing as holo or reaper) and they just melted before i could worry about any mechanic.

If you are as old as you say, then you should first be searching for what changed on your favourite class and studying again to rebuild it and make it strong again, you can't expect a build from years ago to still be useful (it happens sometimes though) in a game that receives balance updates with some frequency.

I'm relatively casual and beat all the bosses except for Turrai Ossa, who I've barely tried. Finally beat Laidri the last time around on a pistol/pistol thieve. Some times, games have content for people who like challenge and that's okay. You don't have to be able to do everything.

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> For everyone who is saying these bosses are meant to be hard, that is the point of the OPs post, they should not be that hard. A little reading with comprehension is required here. I totally agree that these need to be tuned down, not everybody wants to spend time doing research on how to beat the boss or what is the current optimized build for the class that is the most optimal to use against each boss. If I wanted homework I would go back to school, this game I do to relax after doing real work.

>

I wonder how people fight these guys, did their run straight into them exhaust all of their skills? Did they just stare at they skills bar and not the boss? People have "reading with comprehension" more than you think and their find it laughable, it was designed to be challenging (only Special are) and test your build and skill.

"not everybody wants to spend time doing research on how to beat the boss or what is the current optimized build for the class that is the most optimal to use against each boss" Wow...........what is the boss role? To test your knowledge of the game, the main thing you do in this MMO is fighting and it has dynamic fighting system, so of course they have to make bosses with different abilities and mechanic and if you pay more attention you can counter easily not just smash every keys till it's dead. I am lost for word about what i've just read, you only need exotic gear in this game, and the rest depend on your traits and eyes.

If you want to relax, please go play Labyrinthine Cliffs or join Boss Blitz because The Gauntlet offer different kind of relaxation.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> I'm relatively casual and beat all the bosses except for Turrai Ossa, who I've barely tried. Finally beat Laidri the last time around on a pistol/pistol thieve. Some times, games have content for people who like challenge and that's okay. You don't have to be able to do everything.

Funny because it took a pistol/pistol thief/daredevil for me to beat her too and I'm relatively casual too.

Not sure who I used for Turai - prob my pvt mace/shield Warrior or maybe my Reaper

> @"Cougre.6543" said:

> Please add an option that makes the fights beatable for players that haven't optimized their builds to raid levels and do not use DPS meters...

I don't use raid builds but open world PvE builds (although the more challenging Gauntlet fights do require adjustments):

https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

I also don't use DPS meters.

Those fights are _supposed_ to be challenging and they are _supposed_ to have mechanics that you have to understand first before you can beat them. Most of them are _easily_ beaten once understood, and it is a matter of seconds to look them up:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Queen%27s_Gauntlet

If you rather waste hours running against a wall over and over again than doing some quick research, that's no one else's fault. There are also tons of YouTube videos for the two _truly_ challenging opponents, namely Liadri the Concealing Dark and King Turai Ossa. The others are all beatable even by players without proper equipment and builds, though it is, of course, easier if you know you have everything set to deal proper DPS (which will also help you _a lot_ in open world PvE) _and_ understand each boss' mechanics (many involve dodging at the right time or luring the boss to a specific spot).

When someone can't even beat the easy ones in tier 1 without much effort, then I'd say they are being ignorant toward's the game's fight mechanics in general (which include using proper builds and avoiding lethal damage, something you encounter in story boss fights as well).

Sorry. But that is not something I'd expect to hear from someone that describes himself as experienced player. Considering you have "a" strong build I guess you expect the Gauntlet to be similar to your dungeon experience: Just using 1 build copied from somewhere and then being able to do everyghing?

Imo Gauntlet requires you to change builds for most enemies.

I have played the game from release until end 2013. Then break until June 2019. I managed everything back then at the very first Gauntlet. And atm I have fully done all the achievements in this festival (starting from 0 I did not participate in 2018) except Barnstormer (requires expansions) and the 8 orb Liadri. And that with core engineer and exotic gear. (Even Turai Ossa was possible.)

And I'm not considering myself to be a very strong/good player. (I read about a lot of others that seemed to have had it much easier with Turai Ossa and even no problems with Liadri 8 orbs. )

Might not be easy for every class. Especially with core only. But for players with expansions + ascended gear (I guess that's what an experienced dungeon/raid player has) I doubt there are elite/classes where it is impossible to do all the bosses.

Tier 1+2 the first 2 bosses ... as easy as a normal veteran in open world PvE. Can't imagine anyone could have trouble bringing them lower than 90 percent in tier 2 the first two bosses. It's just attack spamming and keeping distance.

Uhm... if the bosses are too hard for you, then maybe they're just not _for you_. Lots of players enjoy content that's at least a little bit challenging (and those bosses really aren't that hard; you don't need any special gear for them and can do them with any class), and I'm happy that they went the extra distance to make some small, challenging single-player content.

Not everything is supposed to be completable playing with one arm and green gear.

I really feel you, I have similar struggles. I thought it would be fine if I played gw2 for like 2 hours every few weeks, cause im busy in real life playing other games. Turns out this festival promotes different stat sets and runes. I really dont like how this content is gated behind legendary runes, sigils and armor.

So far I clear all content together with other players, we dont really talk but we have a high level of coordination which allows us to kill a boss with a strong focus on auto attacks. But for some reason I have to do this solo? Meanwhile im getting bullied by the people below me that are allowed to coordinate and kill bosses together.

> @"DutchRiders.2871" said:

> Turns out this festival promotes different stat sets and runes.

It doesn’t.

> I really dont like how this content is gated behind legendary runes, sigils and armor.

It’s not.

> So far I clear all content together with other players, we dont really talk but we have a high level of coordination which allows us to kill a boss with a **strong focus on auto attacks**.

There’s more to combat than auto attacks.

> But for some reason I have to do this solo? Meanwhile im getting bullied by the people below me that are allowed to coordinate and kill bosses together.

>

If you’re doing just auto attacks then you’ll run into issues. Pretty much every boss in the gauntlet has some mechanic. Learn it and you will be able to beat them.

> I really feel you, I have similar struggles. I thought it would be fine if I played gw2 for like 2 hours every few weeks, cause im busy in real life playing other games. Turns out this festival promotes different stat sets and runes. I really dont like how this content is gated behind legendary runes, sigils and armor.

>

> So far I clear all content together with other players, we dont really talk but we have a high level of coordination which allows us to kill a boss with a strong focus on auto attacks. But for some reason I have to do this solo? Meanwhile im getting bullied by the people below me that are allowed to coordinate and kill bosses together.

>

>

Nothing is gated behind legendary gear. This is a small piece which rewards the same loot and tokens as the boss blitz or Labyrinthe Cliffs for those who wish to push themselves against something more challenging or like things which have actual mechanics to overcome. The mechanics of each boss are the only real puzzle to overcome. It can all be done in exotic or even rare gear

Absolutely there should be things for low skill and high skill, casual and heavy play. This festival caters for all

Those who can't do it, wont do it or dont have the time to do it, miss out on nothing except achievements.

> I really feel you, I have similar struggles. I thought it would be fine if I played gw2 for like 2 hours every few weeks, cause im busy in real life playing other games. Turns out this festival promotes different stat sets and runes. I really dont like how this content is gated behind legendary runes, sigils and armor.

>

> So far I clear all content together with other players, we dont really talk but we have a high level of coordination which allows us to kill a boss with a strong focus on auto attacks. But for some reason I have to do this solo? Meanwhile im getting bullied by the people below me that are allowed to coordinate and kill bosses together.

>

The legendary upgrades introduced along with this festival are not tied to the festival content in any way. You do not need legendary runes, sigils, or armor (or weapons, for that matter) to defeat any boss in the gauntlet. I certainly don't have legendary runes, sigils, and armor, and I've beaten all of the bosses except for the newest special ones.

As for your second point, the gauntlet is meant to be a solo challenge. You are not required to do it, but it can be fun to challenge yourself and learn to adjust your build/play style to defeat different encounters. Also, how are you being bullied?

I fully agree with the OP. I do my leveling with gathering, chopping wood and mining minerals. I have recently found out that during this event i cannot use my lumber axe, mining pickaxe or my sickle to do any kind of damage on the bosses. This game is now actively forcing me to make legendary gear because otherwise i cannot participate in this event at all. It's ridiculous!

I feel really bad about this, i find it disgusting that the toxic elitist raiders and dps meter users are now dictating how i need to play this game. I came to Guild Wars 2 because it was promoted to be a casual friendly experience for everyone to enjoy. And i can only play this game for like 45 - 60 minutes a day, and now i cannot even participate in an event i would very much like the rewards from. Anet fix this mess immediatly!

> @"Digit.1823" said:

> I fully agree with the OP. I do my leveling with gathering, chopping wood and mining minerals. I have recently found out that during this event i cannot use my lumber axe, mining pickaxe or my sickle to do any kind of damage on the bosses. This game is now actively forcing me to make legendary gear because otherwise i cannot participate in this event at all. It's ridiculous!

>

> I feel really bad about this, i find it disgusting that the toxic elitist raiders and dps meter users are now dictating how i need to play this game. I came to Guild Wars 2 because it was promoted to be a casual friendly experience for everyone to enjoy. And i can only play this game for like 45 - 60 minutes a day, and now i cannot even participate in an event i would very much like the rewards from. Anet fix this mess immediately!

Nice try ;)

> @"kratan.4619" said:

>

You got it the wrong way around, they ARE meant to be hard, but aren't.

Pretty much every "boss" until the special tier can be pulled, disabled and bursted in 5-8 seconds without getting a single attack off.

It's laughable.

For the special bosses, you actually are supposed to go in and look at their mechanics, analyse what is killing you and then working the tools into your build to negate that mechanic and to try again until you encounter the next mechanic that you have to overcome until you beat it.

That's what they were all meant to be.

If you neither want to put the effort in to figure things out and to improve yourself, nor to utilise any resources others have put effort in for you to make things easier, then this type of content isn't for you.

The issue is not with the content.

I still think this is a troll thread, but you never know.

E:

Well played Roy, well played.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Digit.1823" said:

> > I fully agree with the OP. I do my leveling with gathering, chopping wood and mining minerals. I have recently found out that during this event i cannot use my lumber axe, mining pickaxe or my sickle to do any kind of damage on the bosses. This game is now actively forcing me to make legendary gear because otherwise i cannot participate in this event at all. It's ridiculous!

> >

> > I feel really bad about this, i find it disgusting that the toxic elitist raiders and dps meter users are now dictating how i need to play this game. I came to Guild Wars 2 because it was promoted to be a casual friendly experience for everyone to enjoy. And i can only play this game for like 45 - 60 minutes a day, and now i cannot even participate in an event i would very much like the rewards from. Anet fix this mess immediately!

>

> Nice try ;)

You got baited pretty hard by a post before this though. And that's also the problem I have with this thread, you really can't distinguish sarcasm/troll post from actual casual entitlement anymore since some people are just really, really bad at playing this game at a level higher than post-nerf story missions.

> @"TheGreeneKnight.1970" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Digit.1823" said:

> > > I fully agree with the OP. I do my leveling with gathering, chopping wood and mining minerals. I have recently found out that during this event i cannot use my lumber axe, mining pickaxe or my sickle to do any kind of damage on the bosses. This game is now actively forcing me to make legendary gear because otherwise i cannot participate in this event at all. It's ridiculous!

> > >

> > > I feel really bad about this, i find it disgusting that the toxic elitist raiders and dps meter users are now dictating how i need to play this game. I came to Guild Wars 2 because it was promoted to be a casual friendly experience for everyone to enjoy. And i can only play this game for like 45 - 60 minutes a day, and now i cannot even participate in an event i would very much like the rewards from. Anet fix this mess immediately!

> >

> > Nice try ;)

>

> You got baited pretty hard by a post before this though. And that's also the problem I have with this thread, you really can't distinguish sarcasm/troll post from actual casual entitlement anymore since some people are just really, really bad at playing this game at a level higher than post-nerf story missions.

Probably. I chose to give them the benefit of the doubt anyway. No skin off my nose if they were trolling/baiting.

> @"TheGreeneKnight.1970" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Digit.1823" said:

> > > I fully agree with the OP. I do my leveling with gathering, chopping wood and mining minerals. I have recently found out that during this event i cannot use my lumber axe, mining pickaxe or my sickle to do any kind of damage on the bosses. This game is now actively forcing me to make legendary gear because otherwise i cannot participate in this event at all. It's ridiculous!

> > >

> > > I feel really bad about this, i find it disgusting that the toxic elitist raiders and dps meter users are now dictating how i need to play this game. I came to Guild Wars 2 because it was promoted to be a casual friendly experience for everyone to enjoy. And i can only play this game for like 45 - 60 minutes a day, and now i cannot even participate in an event i would very much like the rewards from. Anet fix this mess immediately!

> >

> > Nice try ;)

>

> You got baited pretty hard by a post before this though. And that's also the problem I have with this thread, you really can't distinguish sarcasm/troll post from actual casual entitlement anymore since some people are just really, really bad at playing this game at a level higher than post-nerf story missions.

Seriously! I swear my girlfriend is trolling me sometimes. Yesterday she's sitting across from me, playing GW2. She's complaining about some boss or other and I tell her she needs to dodge a certain attack. She says "How do I dodge?". Like, seriously? You've been playing this game for about 3 years now! At what point do you make any attempt to learn the most basic mechanics? Instead of saying that, I just told her I don't know what your keybindings are, just click that big red orb in the middle of your screen.