GW2 isn't WoW

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> I had not played WoW for about a decade. I decided to give classic a go as a change of pace from GW2 and joined a medium pop server. Things I like about WoW were still there. Drops mean something, not being handheld, having to pay attention to what quests tell you, and even the cartoon like graphics. I messed around with various classes and found one I figured I would play for awhile. As I started out I made a few acquaintances and we did the early quests together. It reminded me of years ago where even simple quests encourage playing with others. Then something bad happened. I logged off, took the dog for a walk and made dinner. After dinner I figured I'd play a little more and hopefully meet up again with some of the people I'd met earlier. Log in, "You are number 2567 (or such), approximate wait time 43 minutes." Yeah no... I forgot that was a thing after all these years. Approximate wait time for my next WoW subscription payment 999,999,999 years. :D

Chill, it hasnt even been one week since the launch if the msot hyped mmo of the past couple years. Plus they've said that they will up the population caps on the various servers.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > I had not played WoW for about a decade. I decided to give classic a go as a change of pace from GW2 and joined a medium pop server. Things I like about WoW were still there. Drops mean something, not being handheld, having to pay attention to what quests tell you, and even the cartoon like graphics. I messed around with various classes and found one I figured I would play for awhile. As I started out I made a few acquaintances and we did the early quests together. It reminded me of years ago where even simple quests encourage playing with others. Then something bad happened. I logged off, took the dog for a walk and made dinner. After dinner I figured I'd play a little more and hopefully meet up again with some of the people I'd met earlier. Log in, "You are number 2567 (or such), approximate wait time 43 minutes." Yeah no... I forgot that was a thing after all these years. Approximate wait time for my next WoW subscription payment 999,999,999 years. :D

>

> Chill, it hasnt even been one week since the launch if the msot hyped mmo of the past couple years. Plus they've said that they will up the population caps on the various servers.

I am chill, very much so thank you. I was just sharing my thoughts on it and tried to add some humor to it. I took that 40 some minutes and did something else I enjoy so no big deal at all. :D

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > I had not played WoW for about a decade. I decided to give classic a go as a change of pace from GW2 and joined a medium pop server. Things I like about WoW were still there. Drops mean something, not being handheld, having to pay attention to what quests tell you, and even the cartoon like graphics. I messed around with various classes and found one I figured I would play for awhile. As I started out I made a few acquaintances and we did the early quests together. It reminded me of years ago where even simple quests encourage playing with others. Then something bad happened. I logged off, took the dog for a walk and made dinner. After dinner I figured I'd play a little more and hopefully meet up again with some of the people I'd met earlier. Log in, "You are number 2567 (or such), approximate wait time 43 minutes." Yeah no... I forgot that was a thing after all these years. Approximate wait time for my next WoW subscription payment 999,999,999 years. :D

> >

> > Shocking. Something popular is popular. Honestly I don't know how anyone could have gone into Classic WoW *not* expecting the Que, I'm pretty sure it was repeated several times across many platforms by people that there were going to be Ques. Even FFXIV has some small Ques when you first log in at *any* point.

>

> I had not read any news about classic WoW aside from knowing it was a thing because it was posted here. In fact if people had not been talking about it here I probably would have never known about it. I don't usually follow a lot of gaming news. My point was I had forgotten WoW used a queue system and forgot how much I disliked it. I actually found it kind of funny when that feature appeared. After 6 years of playing GW2 I suppose I got spoiled by not having to wait for my turn to play the game. :D

Well GW2 does use a different system.

Also...to be perfectly honest...I don't think GW2 has as many people playing it.