Razor.6392

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, theyve said many times that LS5 is comming right after LS4

But I believe, or rather hope that they are adding many expansion like features to garner more interest in the game, in particular new especs that will be a thing of exctitement. Since we are not getting a new expansion.

Just a simple map with some story missions that is over all too fast just isnt going to cut it for longevity alone.

I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

> @"SnowMochi.7602" said:

> No expansion, just LS5. That is my gut feeling, but hey, if I'm wrong, I'll eat a 1-inch square of dark chocolate.

The question is: why would they so heavily tease a simple LS5. Did they do something remotely similar for previous chapters?

Unless the whole thing is ending, in which case I don't think that'd be exciting to announce (rip taimi 4head)

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"SnowMochi.7602" said:

> > No expansion, just LS5. That is my gut feeling, but hey, if I'm wrong, I'll eat a 1-inch square of dark chocolate.

>

> The question is: why would they so heavily tease a simple LS5. Did they do something remotely similar for previous chapters?

> Unless the whole thing is ending, in which case I don't think that'd be exciting to announce (rip taimi 4head)

well that's the thing ANET has never done a live + stream reveal / conference other than the time they were showing us a teaser for the new (at the time) expansion Heart of Thorns . So here is to hoping some BIG announcements happen

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

>

> But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> > So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

> >

> > But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

>

> No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

>

> Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

>

> Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

>

> https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

Well, how do you interpret "anytime soon"?

Could be an announcement for LS5 wrapping the story up then an expansion in 2020. That's 2 years alright.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> > > So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

> > >

> > > But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

> >

> > No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

> >

> > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

> >

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

> >

> > Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

> >

> > https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

>

> Well, how do you interpret "anytime soon"?

>

> Could be an announcement for LS5 wrapping the story up then an expansion in 2020. That's 2 years alright.

Ls4-6 wrapped up the story, LS5 certainly is a new plot. Dont be so fixated on an expansion. Who knows, we might get LS6 right after LS5.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > > I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> > > > So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

> > > >

> > > > But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

> > >

> > > No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

> > >

> > > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

> > >

> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

> > >

> > > Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

> > >

> > > https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

> >

> > Well, how do you interpret "anytime soon"?

> >

> > Could be an announcement for LS5 wrapping the story up then an expansion in 2020. That's 2 years alright.

>

> Ls4-6 wrapped up the story, LS5 certainly is a new plot. Dont be so fixated on an expansion. Who knows, we might get LS6 right after LS5.

Bro you have like what, 3-4 posts in this topic alone vehemently denying the possibility of an expansion... what are you trying to do here?

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > > > I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> > > > > So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

> > > > >

> > > > > But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

> > > >

> > > > No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

> > > >

> > > > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

> > > >

> > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

> > > >

> > > > Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

> > >

> > > Well, how do you interpret "anytime soon"?

> > >

> > > Could be an announcement for LS5 wrapping the story up then an expansion in 2020. That's 2 years alright.

> >

> > Ls4-6 wrapped up the story, LS5 certainly is a new plot. Dont be so fixated on an expansion. Who knows, we might get LS6 right after LS5.

>

> Bro you have like what, 3-4 posts in this topic alone vehemently denying the possibility of an expansion... what are you trying to do here?

Trying to temper peoples expectation to reality I think

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > > > > I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> > > > > > So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

> > > > >

> > > > > No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

> > > > >

> > > > > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

> > > > >

> > > > > Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

> > > >

> > > > Well, how do you interpret "anytime soon"?

> > > >

> > > > Could be an announcement for LS5 wrapping the story up then an expansion in 2020. That's 2 years alright.

> > >

> > > Ls4-6 wrapped up the story, LS5 certainly is a new plot. Dont be so fixated on an expansion. Who knows, we might get LS6 right after LS5.

> >

> > Bro you have like what, 3-4 posts in this topic alone vehemently denying the possibility of an expansion... what are you trying to do here?

>

> Trying to temper peoples expectation to reality I think

Judging by all the expansion threads in recent months, I think there are a lot of people who prefer their own unfounded, wishful thinking over reality.

I would expect we'd be long past the denial phase after all this time but clearly that's not the case

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > > > > > I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> > > > > > > So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, how do you interpret "anytime soon"?

> > > > >

> > > > > Could be an announcement for LS5 wrapping the story up then an expansion in 2020. That's 2 years alright.

> > > >

> > > > Ls4-6 wrapped up the story, LS5 certainly is a new plot. Dont be so fixated on an expansion. Who knows, we might get LS6 right after LS5.

> > >

> > > Bro you have like what, 3-4 posts in this topic alone vehemently denying the possibility of an expansion... what are you trying to do here?

> >

> > Trying to temper peoples expectation to reality I think

>

> Judging by all the expansion threads in recent months, I think there are a lot of people who prefer their own unfounded, wishful thinking over reality.

>

> I would expect we'd be long past the denial phase after all this time but clearly that's not the case

It is probably more of an 'expansion or else' phase at this point :)

What was stated about the Announcement:

"It’s almost time for you to set out on your next adventure. Are you ready to catch the very first look at an all-new chapter in Guild Wars 2‘s Living World story?"

"...livestream the announcement with a developer presentation and more..."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/join-us-for-a-special-live-event-on-august-30/

_Expecting_ anything else may be disappointing.

Of course, anything is possible.

Good luck.

Understandable that expectations should be tempered. However, in the previous forum site. Mount threads were cropping up, only to be knocked down by those that didn't wish to see such things. In came the leaks and announcement of pof...and guess what they had in them... mounts. Shouldn't rule out the possibility that S5 could lead in or have an expansion accompanying it.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > > > > > I could be wrong, but if I remember I think PoF was a surprise drop too after saying they weren't going to release any expansions anytime soon

> > > > > > > So if I am correct in what I say then who knows with this announcement they may even tease us with a trailer ? (high hopes i know)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But I guess we will find out in a few hours !

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No the werent going to release any expasion announcment was after pof had already arrived.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is the second expansion pack for Guild Wars 2, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed and published by ArenaNet. It was released on Microsoft Windows and macOS on September 22, 2017, and was made available for pre-purchase on August 1, 2017.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Back in 2018, Mike Z sat down with us at Gamescom and revealed that Guild Wars 2 would not get a third expansion, at least not any time soon.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-more-than-just-a-damage-number-1000013464#PX8XQz63Ol0dTtvM.99

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, how do you interpret "anytime soon"?

> > > > >

> > > > > Could be an announcement for LS5 wrapping the story up then an expansion in 2020. That's 2 years alright.

> > > >

> > > > Ls4-6 wrapped up the story, LS5 certainly is a new plot. Dont be so fixated on an expansion. Who knows, we might get LS6 right after LS5.

> > >

> > > Bro you have like what, 3-4 posts in this topic alone vehemently denying the possibility of an expansion... what are you trying to do here?

> >

> > Trying to temper peoples expectation to reality I think

>

> Judging by all the expansion threads in recent months, I think there are a lot of people who prefer their own unfounded, wishful thinking over reality.

>

> I would expect we'd be long past the denial phase after all this time but clearly that's not the case

Well it shows the playerbase wants an expansion, not just LW