• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > Consider LS2, which only added two new maps. Kept reusing them and sent you all over Tyria as well.

> >

> > Those two maps though, had plenty of new assets and amazing replay value. I'd prefer 2-3 expansive maps, full with brand new biomes and mobs than 6 grindy maps made of reused assets mashed together.

> >

> > Although my main worry is that we might get 2-3 maps in the same vain as current ones, full with recycled content.

>

> I see this a lot but I fail to see why Dry Top or Silverwastes have "amazing replay value" and, for example, Thunderhead Peaks or Dragonfall do not?

>

> Why is Drytop's content not "grindy" but Thunderhead Peaks is?

>

> It could be because we were so starved of _anything_ new when Dry Top and Silverwastes came out that we see them as amazing things.

>

SW has been the most popular map for such a long time that you can't really argue its replay value. Its value stems from ease of access + profitability, but that doesn't change the fact. As to you comparison about grindy maps, yes, Dry Top had grind. But it felt more fresh at the time than the maps in LS3 and 4. As I said above presentation matters too. LS2 maps had environments and enemies we haven't seen before. Playing through LS3 and 4 I couldn't help but feel I 've seen it all before.

Well, by this point it's pretty much clear that it's not only not an expansion reveal, but that they aren't planning on having any more expansions in the future as well. The whole pricing model change strongly suggests it. So, let's wait if they'll have anything more beyond story to reveal, Well, besides from build templates and alliances, that are "being worked on "

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Well, by this point it's pretty much clear that it's not only not an expansion reveal, but that they aren't planning on having any more expansions in the future as well. The whole pricing model change strongly suggests it. So, let's wait if they'll have anything more beyond story to reveal, Well, besides from build templates and alliances, that are "being worked on "

Not necessarily. I don't believe we 'll be getting an xpac anytime soon either but the model can accommodate one. They 'll just have to bundle all previous ones with the newest, like other MMOs do.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> I can't know for sure yet but I have a feeling LS5 won't be on par with an expansion. So yes I'd probably prefer an expansion too.

Most definitely! Expansion are always superior to LW content, because they are a finished, (mostly) polished piece of work. Their stories have a conclusion at the end (regardless of any cliffhanger for upcoming content) and you can play through the whole thing in one go instead of being spoon-fed over 1.5 years. That's the beauty of expansion, which is why I hope that LWS5 will lead into one. (I don't mind the wait between expacs, they can always fill the drought with exciting side story content, as Tyria has tons of stories that are only waiting to be told.)