What we got on 30th. Content or not?

It was nothing. All that was made was an announcement. The world could end tomorrow. ANet's headquarters could be swallowed by a sinkhole. The animator could have a heart attack. If what was announced isn't downloaded to your storage media and playable upon logging in to the game then you have nothing but a statement, carefully couched in weasel speak so as not to be considered a promise lest it never come to pass and you cry about it -or even threaten litigation- some time in the future.

We've all been here a while, right? We all know this routine by now, don't we?

More teasing than content.

Cool stuff to be fair but mostly in the form of "it's going to be great, deep dive in the charr and norn culture, dynamic maps, lovecraft tone, we're all excited and hope you are as well! Thank you, here's our merch and see you in game!"

Oh and the hype wasn't only on the players : going live on twitch a day before the event with a live countdown was quite...bold... for this sort of announcement.

LS5 would be considered content by some. I might consider it content if it doesn't contain a tedious, egregious grind.

Now, whether that kind of content will satisfy everyone, then no, it won't. I think people just want to have their issues addressed in a more concrete way; they want to know that they're actually being listened to and that they will see the changes they've been clamoring for.

This game may not have subscription fees, but enough of us have spent for the boxes, the expansions, and supported the gem store over the years so that yes, we are entitled to be heard.

> @"SnowMochi.7602" said:

> LS5 would be considered content by some. I might consider it content if it doesn't contain a tedious, egregious grind.

> Now, whether that kind of content will satisfy everyone, then no, it won't. I think people just want to have their issues addressed in a more concrete way; they want to know that they're actually being listened to and that they will see the changes they've been clamoring for.

> This game may not have subscription fees, but enough of us have spent for the boxes, the expansions, and supported the gem store over the years so that yes, we are entitled to be heard.

OUCH ... hold on there. No, you are not entitled to be heard because you pay and use a service. You are entitled to nothing except access to the game and gems for the money you spend on them. You don't even own your account.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"SnowMochi.7602" said:

> > LS5 would be considered content by some. I might consider it content if it doesn't contain a tedious, egregious grind.

> > Now, whether that kind of content will satisfy everyone, then no, it won't. I think people just want to have their issues addressed in a more concrete way; they want to know that they're actually being listened to and that they will see the changes they've been clamoring for.

> > This game may not have subscription fees, but enough of us have spent for the boxes, the expansions, and supported the gem store over the years so that yes, we are entitled to be heard.

>

> OUCH ... hold on there. No, you are not entitled to be heard because you pay and use a service. You are entitled to nothing except access to the game and gems for the money you spend on them. You don't even own your account.

"**Service**" is the key word here. This is also a business-customer **relationship** and that relationship goes both ways. And in this relationship, money has definitely changed hands since GW2 is NOT completely free and most of us paid for the "box" and expansions. **We** are their **customers**.

When you pay an ambulance **service** to ferry you to a hospital and they **do not** hold up their end of the bargain, you have a right to at least complain. Your cable network is a **service**: if they do not deliver the channels and content you pay for every month, you have a right to complain. Your mobile **service** is another. If they suddenly cut you off of your data plan and you know you did nothing wrong from your end of things, you definitely have a right to complain or at least put forth a request to ask why they did such a thing.

I don't know of any good, thriving business that will refuse to at least listen to customers when something they are paying for isn't working right.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Entitled to be heard. Hmm, does that mean that projects such as Open World PvP should be implemented? Housing? Fishing?

> I mean, there are a _lot_ of different voices to be heard.

Speaking up and making suggestions or requests is one thing. Whether the company will actually take action is another. They are two different things. And when I say "being heard" I mean the right to put forth suggestions and yes, make requests and **hope** it will be addressed. IIRC, that is why the Quality of Life Suggestion thread still exists on this forum.

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Entitled to be heard. Hmm, does that mean that projects such as Open World PvP should be implemented? Housing? Fishing?

> > I mean, there are a _lot_ of different voices to be heard.

>

> Speaking up and making suggestions or requests is one thing. Whether the company will actually take action is another. They are two different things. And when I say "being heard" I mean the right to put forth suggestions and yes, make requests and **hope** it will be addressed. IIRC, that is why the Quality of Life Suggestion thread still exists on this forum.

There is no right to put forth suggestions or make requests.

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Entitled to be heard. Hmm, does that mean that projects such as Open World PvP should be implemented? Housing? Fishing?

> > I mean, there are a _lot_ of different voices to be heard.

>

> Speaking up and making suggestions or requests is one thing. Whether the company will actually take action is another. They are two different things. And when I say "being heard" I mean the right to put forth suggestions and yes, make requests and **hope** it will be addressed. IIRC, that is why the Quality of Life Suggestion thread still exists on this forum.

But, you said this: "...they want to know that they're actually being listened to and that they will **see the changes** they've been clamoring for."

We can't _all_ 'see the changes' being clamored for, as some want (clamor for) one thing, and some want (clamor for) another.

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Entitled to be heard. Hmm, does that mean that projects such as Open World PvP should be implemented? Housing? Fishing?

> > > I mean, there are a _lot_ of different voices to be heard.

> >

> > Speaking up and making suggestions or requests is one thing. Whether the company will actually take action is another. They are two different things. And when I say "being heard" I mean the right to put forth suggestions and yes, make requests and **hope** it will be addressed. IIRC, that is why the Quality of Life Suggestion thread still exists on this forum.

>

> But, you said this: "...they want to know that they're actually being listened to and that they will **see the changes** they've been clamoring for."

>

> We can't _all_ 'see the changes' being clamored for, as some want (clamor for) one thing, and some want (clamor for) another.

Most people would like, would hope, that when they make their problems/issues known to say, their cable company, that said cable company will listen. Whether that cable company will actually honor their part of the bargain to address that issue is entirely up to the company. No one here is saying that everything can be solved, just that people would like to be heard and they tend to appreciate it when they **are** heard. Sometimes, it is enough to know that someone is actually listening.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Entitled to be heard. Hmm, does that mean that projects such as Open World PvP should be implemented? Housing? Fishing?

> > > I mean, there are a _lot_ of different voices to be heard.

> >

> > Speaking up and making suggestions or requests is one thing. Whether the company will actually take action is another. They are two different things. And when I say "being heard" I mean the right to put forth suggestions and yes, make requests and **hope** it will be addressed. IIRC, that is why the Quality of Life Suggestion thread still exists on this forum.

>

> There is no right to put forth suggestions or make requests.

In case you weren't aware of it, this forum has a great suggestion thread where people can post suggestions for improvements and such. People who post there exercise that right often, so much so that as of this writing, the thread is 31 pages long. :)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas/

> Um...okay. That's entirely different. Listening does not equal implementing.

No one said Listening = implementing. I said they were two different things.

People would like to be listened to. The implementation is entirely in the hands of the people they are making their pleas to. And after that, people making the requests can only hope.

I've done my best to make that distinction as clear as possible.

I wonder why I decided to play the game with the least expansions and content for the past 7 years. It's a shame, especially if comparable games dish out expacs on a regular basis and this year every other comparable MMO dished out huge expansions or will dish out. Then Anet comes with... another batch of mini updates every 3 months. What the hell do these people? I really wonder.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> I wonder why I decided to play the game with the least expansions and content for the past 7 years. It's a shame, especially if comparable games dish out expacs on a regular basis and this year every other comparable MMO dished out huge expansions or will dish out. Then Anet comes with... another batch of mini updates every 3 months. What the hell do these people? I really wonder.

Because this game will go into some kind of mini - maintenance mode. And i mean, squeezing every penny from players with 4hours content/3 months and than they will unplug it. Harsh truth but i prefer the truth rather than some kind of pretty lie.

> @"SidewayS.3789" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > I wonder why I decided to play the game with the least expansions and content for the past 7 years. It's a shame, especially if comparable games dish out expacs on a regular basis and this year every other comparable MMO dished out huge expansions or will dish out. Then Anet comes with... another batch of mini updates every 3 months. What the hell do these people? I really wonder.

>

> Because this game will go into some kind of mini - maintenance mode. And i mean, squeezing every penny from players with 4hours content/3 months and than they will unplug it. Harsh truth but i prefer the truth rather than some kind of pretty lie.

And based on what info do you deduct this? Ow wait it must be GW1 that has been closed down 7 years ago.....

GW2 is the main game for Arenanet and currently the only one that recieves regular content updates. They did announce when GW1 would be turned to the second game and start developping gw2 and they did announce GW1 going into maintanance mode.

I get it, you are dissapointed cause you believed all the things people where claiming about the announcement. Arenanet never mentioned anything more then what they did announce. The next living world season.

The lost 40% of the employees, so there are still a lot working on GW2. It just is expensive to make a game, wether you pay 12 bucks a month for monthly fees and x-packs or not.