PvE hardcore mode

I think this would be a fun way to replay the 7 year old content for me and many others. Once you die that toon is dead forever....there might be a realm u can load into to clear your inventory but thats it. Once it dead it can't pve ever again. This would really keep people together in terms of groups and rolls in that group I feel...it could be allooott of fun. What does the community think of a hardcore mode?

It would make every engagement exciting and challenging. Whether it's 2-5 lvl 2 mobs attacking you at once or a Orr vetran if you can make it that far that got it's sites on you. No matter what u don't want to die...would be a lot of fun imo...

What does the community think?

I've played games like that and enjoyed them but it's a poor fit for gw2.

1. needs 100% separate modes: hardcore and regular, with no sharing/overlap even in the same account. Otherwise regular mode players can impact the hardcore experience too much.

2. game mechanics designed to 1-shot kill you would need to be removed

3. change the logout so you can't cheat death by quickly logging out

4. Crafting would need to be mode-wide and not just the specific character. Way to big a loss...

Oh, this thread again. OP: Most of the players do not want it and there are plenty of more pressing priorities right now. If you want to make the game hard there are plenty of ways: permadeath, wear/wield only blues and greens, whatever. Another is to make up challenges, like see if you can get someone of the least possible level to Orr without them dying.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Why not play the content as it is now and when you die you delete your character?

This is actually not an unreasonable idea. The first time I played hardcore Diablo was in the original Diablo and it was on the honor system. The game didn't support it but if you died, you were expected to delete your character.

I don’t see why ANet needs to add something to a game that you can voluntarily do as a challenge to yourself. If you want to your char to die permanently upon character death, set the rules for your char and follow them.

Edit: if you know others who would like this also make up a guild and encourage each other in it.

I’ve been thinking of the OP’s reaction where he says it’s only a challenge if ANet sets the rules

>If it's not in the game I'm not going to waist my time with made up rules just to play the game

And I think the reason why he’s not interested in setting the rules himself because if ANet sets the rules then there will be ingame rewards for completing the challenge. So it’s not the completing of the challenge but completing the challenge **and then** getting ingame rewards. If there are no rewards then he thinks it’s a waste of his time. If it were otherwise he could challenge himself today by setting the same exact rules and following them until done.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I’ve been thinking of the OP’s reaction where he says it’s only a challenge if ANet sets the rules

>

> >If it's not in the game I'm not going to waist my time with made up rules just to play the game

>

> And I think the reason why he’s not interested in setting the rules himself because if ANet sets the rules then there will be ingame rewards for completing the challenge. So it’s not the completing of the challenge but completing the challenge **and then** getting ingame rewards. If there are no rewards then he thinks it’s a waste of his time. If it were otherwise he could challenge himself today by setting the same exact rules and following them until done.

Ya I agree with you probabely an achievement that with lets say a title the OP .....Been there done that hardcore ultra 90000... so it can be shown and somehow awe people in their minds.

OP you know what would work just aswell youtube, if I see a good player doing something I think well played and go look at something else that interest me.

> @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Why not play the content as it is now and when you die you delete your character?

> This is actually not an unreasonable idea. The first time I played hardcore Diablo was in the original Diablo and it was on the honor system. The game didn't support it but if you died, you were expected to delete your character.

I know someone that's done this a few times in GW2. I don't know what rules they set for the obtaining of gear, crafting, and things like that, but I think the overall goals are level 80, then world complete.

I'll set your rules.

You can't use any tomes.

You can't use the trade post

You can only use dropped armor or from map vendors...same for weapons and jewelry

Any food or utilities must come from map

If you do crafting...no guides.

No mounts

No gliding

No waypoints

Bags can be craftet...no tradepost!

NO mailing yourself or going into your bank.

You don't have a bank.

If you are gonna use your main account, only use gold you get on that character....you keep track...on honor.

You can be saved by a samaritan and rally as long you did not die.

If you die...game over.

For the challenge to be complete...map completion must be done

Post a pic with /deaths. And /age

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> I'll set your rules.

>

> You can't use any tomes.

>

> You can't use the trade post

>

> You can only use dropped armor or from map vendors...same for weapons and jewelry

>

> Any food or utilities must come from map

>

>

> If you do crafting...no guides.

>

> No mounts

>

> No gliding

>

> No waypoints

>

> Bags can be craftet...no tradepost!

>

> NO mailing yourself or going into your bank.

>

> You don't have a bank.

>

> If you are gonna use your main account, only use gold you get on that character....you keep track...on honor.

>

> You can be saved by a samaritan and rally as long you did not die.

>

> If you die...game over.

>

> For the challenge to be complete...map completion must be done

>

>

> Post a pic with /deaths. And /age

>

>

>

>

>

Also stream it on twitch, people may watch a challenge like this .

> @"starhunter.6015" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > I'll set your rules.

> >

> > You can't use any tomes.

> >

> > You can't use the trade post

> >

> > You can only use dropped armor or from map vendors...same for weapons and jewelry

> >

> > Any food or utilities must come from map

> >

> >

> > If you do crafting...no guides.

> >

> > No mounts

> >

> > No gliding

> >

> > No waypoints

> >

> > Bags can be craftet...no tradepost!

> >

> > NO mailing yourself or going into your bank.

> >

> > You don't have a bank.

> >

> > If you are gonna use your main account, only use gold you get on that character....you keep track...on honor.

> >

> > You can be saved by a samaritan and rally as long you did not die.

> >

> > If you die...game over.

> >

> > For the challenge to be complete...map completion must be done

> >

> >

> > Post a pic with /deaths. And /age

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Also stream it on twitch, people may watch a challenge like this .

>

Wooden Potatoes was doing this a lot last year.