The Current Pop

Giobonello.2530

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> We have no idea. There are no exact metrics and nor will there ever be. I’ve always noted it to be healthy though given I rarely struggle to find people in any map or mode I play.

>

> There is no doubt next week will see a resurgence

Yeah, realize there is nothing official, was just trying to get personal observations like trying to group up. Thanks.

> @"Giobonello.2530" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > We have no idea. There are no exact metrics and nor will there ever be. I’ve always noted it to be healthy though given I rarely struggle to find people in any map or mode I play.

> >

> > There is no doubt next week will see a resurgence

>

> Yeah, realize there is nothing official, was just trying to get personal observations like trying to group up. Thanks.

It’s tricky because players will fail one group event and cry “game is dead”. I’m not satisfied with current state of the game by any means and Anet feel like a lost company...however I still recognise and am impressed by the number of people I see and interact with in a broader sense and I’m fairly diverse in my play

I’ve also seen players online I’ve not seen in years and I know the trailer caused that

I've seen numbers between 1.5 mil and 5 mil thrown around. No idea about the accuracy of those numbers. I think that Anet may have said a number during Icebrood announcement but I don't see it scanning the transcript on the wiki. NCSoft also doesn't report anything like "monthly users" on any of their games in their quarterly financial documents.

> @"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

> I've seen numbers between 1.5 mil and 5 mil thrown around. No idea about the accuracy of those numbers. I think that Anet may have said a number during Icebrood announcement but I don't see it scanning the transcript on the wiki. NCSoft also doesn't report anything like "monthly users" on any of their games in their quarterly financial documents.

Only number they said was 11 mil accounts but thats total created not how many plays.

If only 10% of those play Id say its healthy.

> Wondering what the current pop of the game is and if there is an increase due to new living world coming out this week?

Keep in mind that GW2 is a seven years old MMORPG (which arguably is a dying genre) with little to no media coverage.

It's very likely that some players will return for the next living world episode (assuming it's not a massive disappointment like the latest announcement), but the chances of the game drawing large amount of new players at this point in the game's life, in the abscence of an expansion, is, well, not ideal.

> Wondering what the current pop of the game is and if there is an increase due to new living world coming out this week?

First, you will have to explain to people like me, whose first language isn't English, what "current pop" means. :)

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> I would say the current population is at a steady/healthy amount

Ahh, thank you. ;) Guess "population" is too long a word to type for some people? =)

Personally I don't care what the numbers say/are, as long as I am having fun, getting groups able to run the content I want to, then that is all that matters.

If ANET came out today and said it was 500k concurrent players would that mean anything more than them saying 11million accounts... I don't think so until it gets to the point you can't get to enjoy what your doing or relax when you want to do it (plz no Frankie goes to Hollywood puns necessary :) )

As other people have said there's no way for us to know the population of the game because Anet don't share that information.

However in all the ways that matter to me the game seems active. Any time I want to do an activity (and it's running) I can find enough people to complete it, when I'm in a town or other hub I see lots of people around and there's always a lot of activity on the trading posts. I am currently in 1 officially dead guild, 2 very quiet guilds, a private one and 1 active one...but that's my choice.