Upcoming ele changes - October 2019

steki.1478

> @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> > @"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:

> > > @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> > > I never said that it was the best build but it was meta during HoT even for wvw after that it went out of it . Today only in wvw is dps staff tempest still usable . Yes you can use meteorshower but what are you doing now if you play it is charging with overload to the enemy zerg while having full berserker gear. This does some dmg .

> > If I understand correctly, you're saying that it was meta during WvW, and that these days, dps staff tempest is only viable in WvW.

> >

> > Tempest was only 'meta' because it had some useful functions like water overload, fire overload for might, air overload provided additional DPS and earth for CC. But - anyone please correct me if I'm wrong - core staff ele had more damage modifiers and better overall DPS, while sacrificing the utility provided by tempest. Fire/Air/Arcane gives almost as much %dmg stacking as running Fire/Air/Weaver, just a little bit less, and Tempest comes in third place with the least amount of %dmg stacking.

> > > @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> > > ... so in fractals Staff Weaver is more on the end of the dps scale while being squishy and has still a complex rota. The top dps in fractals looks like this ATM : Beserker Warrior, Reaper(face roll rota), DH , Deadeye.

> > >

> > > Currently when a ele does go past you in ARC DPS this only means you don't know your rota or you using some outdated builds.

> > No.

> > https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/

> > If your **sword/dagger Weaver** is not top DPS (in most scenarios ... not all!) , THEY don't know their rotation well enough.

> > I understand how you could think Weaver is not as good for DPS, good DPS weavers in t4 fractal pug groups are extremely hard to come by. It's not a class/build designed with everyone in mind, a lot of ppl just can't do it.

>

> That topic was already on the top staff weaver can maybe played from 10% of the player base but sword/dagger is unplayable for 99.99% of the players like I said I only saw 3 players until now who can play this build in fractals since the start of Pof and I pug on a daily bases. The question is more what should do the rest of the Eles who can't play Swordweaver ?

>

Learn to play or use brainless DH. If you're not good enough to reproduce top dps, you don't deserve/need top dps. Class isn't weak, players are.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

>as already on the top staff weaver can maybe played from 10% of the player base but sword/dagger is unplayable for 99.99% of the players like I said I only saw 3 players until now who can play this build in fractals since the start of Pof and I pug on a daily bases. The question is more what should do the rest of the Eles who can't play Swordweaver ?

>

Sw/d is really not that hard man. The basic rotation (with fresh air) is this:

Start in air attunement

Air 3

Fire attunement [+primordial stance, cast glyph of storms, fiery greatsword if available... then:]

Fire 2, fire/air dual

Fire attunement

Fire 3, fire autoattack

Water attunement

Fire/water dual, fire 4, fire 5

Air attunement

Air/water dual

Air attunement

Air 3, air autoattack, air autoattack

Repeat ...

> @"Stallic.2397" said:

> TL:DR

> Dps tempests got a permanent 7% increase in damage, if traited. And support tempests lost swiftness access, but received an extra 240 concentration.

>

> Everything else is pretty much insubstantial.

No, Tempest looses -300 Concentration from "Imbued Melodies", replaced by 120 + 120(when +90% HP witch is never), on the new trait, so overall its all a loss of 60 to 180 Concentration, plus the loss of the Lesser Sand Squall is a very big hit for Support Tempests. Tempest prof will die next month.

And a Healing Tempest doesn't need 7% dmg, thats useless.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > - Imbued Melodies: This trait has been reworked, and its name has been changed to Transcendent Tempest. This trait reduces the time it takes to attain a singularity by 33% when switching elements and increases outgoing damage and condition damage by 7% for 7 seconds after an overload completes.

>

> Overall great changes everywhere. Speedy conduit was useless trait, now it gives free concentration on minor trait. Tempest has a meaningful offensive GM trait which is great considering that it gives both damage buff (bigger AND longer buff compared to before) as well as less downtime until overload is ready.

>

So we loose 60 Concentration and Lesser Sand Squall, replaced by 7% dmg, that doesn't even scale on Water's Healing Overload, and you call that an improvement..... OK, my Healing attribute is baboozled by your definition of Great. You must be learning with Trump.

> @"Aria Lliane.8693" said:

> > @"Stallic.2397" said:

> > TL:DR

> > Dps tempests got a permanent 7% increase in damage, if traited. And support tempests lost swiftness access, but received an extra 240 concentration.

> >

> > Everything else is pretty much insubstantial.

>

> No, Tempest looses -300 Concentration from "Imbued Melodies", replaced by 120 + 120(when +90% HP witch is never), on the new trait, so overall its all a loss of 60 to 180 Concentration, plus the loss of the Lesser Sand Squall is a very big hit for Support Tempests. Tempest prof will die next month.

> And a Healing Tempest doesn't need 7% dmg, thats useless.

Sand Squall is a great skill and will be sorely missed, but Elemental Bastion (EB) was a more common pick for support.

If you weren't using EB before, you will be now, and honestly, it's not a bad option.

> > @"steki.1478" said:

>

> > > - Imbued Melodies: This trait has been reworked, and its name has been changed to Transcendent Tempest. This trait reduces the time it takes to attain a singularity by 33% when switching elements and increases outgoing damage and condition damage by 7% for 7 seconds after an overload completes.

> >

> > Overall great changes everywhere. Speedy conduit was useless trait, now it gives free concentration on minor trait. Tempest has a meaningful offensive GM trait which is great considering that it gives both damage buff (bigger AND longer buff compared to before) as well as less downtime until overload is ready.

> >

>

> So we loose 60 Concentration and Lesser Sand Squall, replaced by 7% dmg, that doesn't even scale on Water's Healing Overload, and you call that an improvement..... OK, my Healing attribute is baboozled by your definition of Great. You must be learning with Trump.

You never used that trait on healing tempest to begin with. You practically gain free 120/240 concentration.

(PVP)

So all healbot builds get practically120 concentration...and that's all...wow...Follow up to March 5 patch I guess? That's impressive...

Since healing power is madratory for ele's in pvp Gathered Focus is dead trait for me simply beacuse it sits next to Elemental Bastion.

Also why Lucid Singularity is ingnored by ballance team? It's dead in all gamemodes since forever!

> @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> (PVP)

>

> So all healbot builds get practically120 concentration...and that's all...wow...Follow up to March 5 patch I guess? That's impressive...

>

> Since healing power is madratory for ele's in pvp Gathered Focus is dead trait for me simply beacuse it sits next to Elemental Bastion.

>

> Also why Lucid Singularity is ingnored by ballance team? It's dead in all gamemodes since forever!

>

Tbh there's not much to put on that spot as GM trait. There's one for damage, one for healing so 3rd one should basically give some self defense.

If powerful aura and elemental bastion were minor traits of tempest (since whole spec is focused on supporting with auras), then you can add some major traits that improve boons of overloads and shouts/auras. More reasonable rework would be EB as water grandmaster and powerful aura as tempest minor, but then you end up with 2 healing GM traits in water which makes no sense.

If you rework LS trait now, you get back to current patch where you have 2 support traits that are both good and needed, but you can choose only one.

> @"Stallic.2397" said:

> > @"Aria Lliane.8693" said:

> > > @"Stallic.2397" said:

> > > TL:DR

> > > Dps tempests got a permanent 7% increase in damage, if traited. And support tempests lost swiftness access, but received an extra 240 concentration.

> > >

> > > Everything else is pretty much insubstantial.

> >

> > No, Tempest looses -300 Concentration from "Imbued Melodies", replaced by 120 + 120(when +90% HP witch is never), on the new trait, so overall its all a loss of 60 to 180 Concentration, plus the loss of the Lesser Sand Squall is a very big hit for Support Tempests. Tempest prof will die next month.

> > And a Healing Tempest doesn't need 7% dmg, thats useless.

>

> Sand Squall is a great skill and will be sorely missed, but Elemental Bastion (EB) was a more common pick for support.

>

> If you weren't using EB before, you will be now, and honestly, it's not a bad option.

>

>

That must be a Joke, you are comparing? Here are the numbers (Imbued Melodies vs Elemental Bastion ):

1. Thereshold: 90% vs 75%

2. [Protection](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protection "Protection"): -40% vs 0 (its funny how in the game's tooltip says 40% but in the wiki says 33%)

3. Aura: 100% damage reflected back to projectiles casters vs 10% damage reduction

4. Main attribute: 180 Concentration(not 300 because will be compensated by the new trait) vs 522 + (0.55*Healing) Healing

So conclusion, in most scenarios Projectile protection+reflection damage is way better than a crappy 1200 Heal with 10% damage reduction.

And any amount of concentration, no matter how tiny it is, is always way better because it scales mega well with [soothing Ice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothing_Ice "Soothing Ice") and [Powerful Aura](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Aura "Powerful Aura")

Trust me I'm a pvper I tried everything, and I love seeing deadeyes 2shot themselves to death, now I will lose that! Now the one dying instantly on battle start is me!

> That must be a Joke, you are comparing? Here are the numbers (Imbued Melodies vs Elemental Bastion ):

> 1. Thereshold: 90% vs 75%

> 2. Damage Protection: -40% vs 0 (its funny how in the game's tooltip says 40% but in the wiki says 33%)

> 3. Aura: 100% damage back to projectiles casters vs 10% damage reduction

> 4. Main attribute: 180 Concentration(not 300 because will be compensated by the new trait) vs 522 + (0.55*Healing) Healing

>

> So conclusion, in most scenarios Projectile protection+reflection damage is way better than a crappy 1200 Heal with 10% damage reduction.

> And any amount of concentration, no matter how tiny it is, is always way better because it scales mega well with [soothing Ice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothing_Ice "Soothing Ice") and [Powerful Aura](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Aura "Powerful Aura")

> Trust me I'm a pvper I tried everything. And i love seeing deadeyes 1shot themselves to death, now i will lose that!

It's -40% damage reduction vs 10%, not 0. And if any amount of concentration scales mega well with those two traits (although scaling with Powerful Aura is questionable), so does using Elemental Bastion. Soothing Ice provides additional healing and Powerful Aura allows you to also heal allies. And you can still see deadeyes 1shot themselves to death, you just have to provide magnetic aura yourself instead of having a trait do so. After all, Imbued Melodies is not the only source for magnetic aura.

Looking at your other posts in his thread, it feels like you're overreacting. These changes will neither kill Tempest or dramatically change it.

> That must be a Joke, you are comparing? Here are the numbers (Imbued Melodies vs Elemental Bastion ):

> 1. Thereshold: 90% vs 75%

> 2. Damage Protection: -40% vs 0 (its funny how in the game's tooltip says 40% but in the wiki says 33%)

> 3. Aura: 100% damage back to projectiles casters vs 10% damage reduction

> 4. Main attribute: 180 Concentration(not 300 because will be compensated by the new trait) vs 522 + (0.55*Healing) Healing

>

> So conclusion, in most scenarios Projectile protection+reflection damage is way better than a crappy 1200 Heal with 10% damage reduction.

> And any amount of concentration, no matter how tiny it is, is always way better because it scales mega well with [soothing Ice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothing_Ice "Soothing Ice") and [Powerful Aura](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Aura "Powerful Aura")

> Trust me I'm a pvper I tried everything, and I love seeing deadeyes 2shot themselves to death, now I will lose that! Now the one dying instantly on battle start is me!

Comparing two traits doesn't help cause you have to look at the whole build in general. As a support tempest, EB has better synergy.

You say you play pvp. Are you using warhorn in Pvp?.... If the answer is no, then don't take Imbued melodies anyway. If you do use warhorn, then there's no point in my trying to explain anything further.

If you're looking for projectile hate, there's much easier ways to get it than traiting a grandmaster for it.

> @"Patty.3268" said:

> > That must be a Joke, you are comparing? Here are the numbers (Imbued Melodies vs Elemental Bastion ):

> > 1. Thereshold: 90% vs 75%

> > 2. Damage Protection: -40% vs 0 (its funny how in the game's tooltip says 40% but in the wiki says 33%)

> > 3. Aura: 100% damage back to projectiles casters vs 10% damage reduction

> > 4. Main attribute: 180 Concentration(not 300 because will be compensated by the new trait) vs 522 + (0.55*Healing) Healing

> >

> > So conclusion, in most scenarios Projectile protection+reflection damage is way better than a crappy 1200 Heal with 10% damage reduction.

> > And any amount of concentration, no matter how tiny it is, is always way better because it scales mega well with [soothing Ice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothing_Ice "Soothing Ice") and [Powerful Aura](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Aura "Powerful Aura")

> > Trust me I'm a pvper I tried everything. And i love seeing deadeyes 1shot themselves to death, now i will lose that!

>

> It's -40% damage reduction vs 10%, not 0.

Did you miss reading the "Aura" comparisson line?

> And if any amount of concentration scales mega well with those two traits (although scaling with Powerful Aura is questionable), so does using Elemental Bastion. Soothing Ice provides additional healing and Powerful Aura allows you to also heal allies.

Thats exatly why losing that 180 Concentration is bad, thanks for giving me reason here. But [Elemental Bastion](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Bastion "Elemental Bastion") giving 1200 heal (every 30 secs) compared to being constantly nuked by 2k damage and 7K crits is really nothing, and can totally be ignored. It is so useless for that amount of heal. Why would you even use it if not for the heal??

At least the Imbued Melodies with 40% protection + Projectile reflection can mitigate a lot of damage! And actually do damage! With all the concentration and the right traits you can get that 40% protection to stay on for 11 secs, this makes that 4secs 10% Frost Aura seem like a joke.

> And you can still see deadeyes 1shot themselves to death, you just have to provide magnetic aura yourself instead of having a trait do so. After all, Imbued Melodies is not the only source for magnetic aura.

That's the main point of the trait, just because you ignore the trait doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

> Looking at your other posts in his thread, it feels like you're overreacting. These changes will neither kill Tempest or dramatically change it.

Seeing someone protect the Traits they use is expected. Can't disagree with you, but anet telling us we need to follow the meta with these changes really sucks. "Do power-build or uninstall"

Imbued melodies was mostly useful in dps builds (heals are crappy and you don't have many auras to make EB useful) or some niche boon tempest builds for fractals with mediocre heals (and if you're running off meta build to begin with, your group will suck anyway since you brought support which can bring half of the relevant boons).

Roaming tempest is not even a thing (you wouldn't even run wh there) and if you're playing with a group or in pvp you'll always want EB for extra heals (and probably another weapon set).

So they took a trait from dps tempest and gave ot a better dps trait so I don't see how people see this as nerf.

Magnetic aura procs at start of the fight, not when you need reflect so most of the time it was useless.

> @"Dahir.4158" said:

> Nice quick maths some people have got going on in here. If you choose anything else other than Elemental Bastion, then what donkey support build are you playing?

Seeing that gw2 has such a low amount of skill choices compared to gw1 is hard to see someone with a different build than you.

Do you mean that anyone not using the meta is a Donkey, is that what you mean?

Just because someone actually tries the things and not follows a crappy online build guide for sheep to follow like most do, should automatically award an award and a title to that person.

> @"Stallic.2397" said:

> > That must be a Joke, you are comparing? Here are the numbers (Imbued Melodies vs Elemental Bastion ):

> > 1. Thereshold: 90% vs 75%

> > 2. Damage Protection: -40% vs 0 (its funny how in the game's tooltip says 40% but in the wiki says 33%)

> > 3. Aura: 100% damage back to projectiles casters vs 10% damage reduction

> > 4. Main attribute: 180 Concentration(not 300 because will be compensated by the new trait) vs 522 + (0.55*Healing) Healing

> >

> > So conclusion, in most scenarios Projectile protection+reflection damage is way better than a crappy 1200 Heal with 10% damage reduction.

> > And any amount of concentration, no matter how tiny it is, is always way better because it scales mega well with [soothing Ice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soothing_Ice "Soothing Ice") and [Powerful Aura](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Aura "Powerful Aura")

> > Trust me I'm a pvper I tried everything, and I love seeing deadeyes 2shot themselves to death, now I will lose that! Now the one dying instantly on battle start is me!

>

> Comparing two traits doesn't help cause you have to look at the whole build in general. As a support tempest, EB has better synergy.

>

> You say you play pvp. Are you using warhorn in Pvp?.... If the answer is no, then don't take Imbued melodies anyway. If you do use warhorn, then there's no point in my trying to explain anything further.

>

> If you're looking for projectile hate, there's much easier ways to get it than traiting a grandmaster for it.

Any other way to get 300 Concentration?

There's never enough Concentration and Auras for a support tempest in pvp.

What i do not get is why are the minor trite soo week on tempest other classes get a full 240 concentration full time for having 1 boon as well as getting a healing effect on getting that boon. Protection on overloads is a joke of a minor trite and getting 120 concentration is nothing most of the time (more so on tempest then other classes as the class is only giving out base boons nothing strong) but to put the other 120 concentration on a must be above 90% hp is an out right joke.

Tempest as an support class is dead after this update.

meh concentration is pretty useless on ele. Until they actually give ele decent boons, concentration means nothing.

People don't really get it here, but Elemental Bastion always has and always will be the best choice by far for any support build on tempest. Sand Squal is garbage without powerful aura., and taking powerful aura just to make sandsqual useful is useless in and of itself.

I said it before and i'll say it again. Nothing has really changed this patch in terms of support tempest. All we gained was some concentration made baseline... and lost some swiftness which is still pretty useless. DPS tempest is the only thing that won out in this and that will be nice for them...but nothing has really changed about support.

Well....i mean antitoxin is getting nerfed so if you were running "condition cleanse" ele then well...feelsbad for you guys. but hey find another build i'm sure there is one out there for yall.

What, you mean to say that there is one trait choice that is superior to others? Inconceivable. This is traitriarchy, trait superiority and I demand diversity! I'm not happy unless every trait is equally useless, how dare they. Dismantle the traitriarchy!

Your build isn't allowed to be better than my build > : (

> > @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > Nice quick maths some people have got going on in here. If you choose anything else other than Elemental Bastion, then what donkey support build are you playing?

>

> Seeing that gw2 has such a low amount of skill choices compared to gw1 is hard to see someone with a different build than you.

> Do you mean that anyone not using the meta is a Donkey, is that what you mean?

> Just because someone actually tries the things and not follows a crappy online build guide for sheep to follow like most do, should automatically award an award and a title to that person.

Yes

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > In this update, we're following up on some of the tempest changes from the previous update. Speedy Conduit has been a lackluster trait for a while, so we're combining it with Harmonious Conduit and creating a new trait that grants concentration. Imbued Melodies is being removed—we felt it wasn't very interesting while also being unnecessarily restrictive by being tied to the warhorn. Its replacement, Transcendent Tempest, provides an effect that is unique among other grandmaster traits, which we hope will provide a more meaningful choice when compared to the other options.

>

> > - Signet of Air: This skill can now be activated to break stuns without a target. Activating the skill while out of range of a target or without a target while not under control effects will put it on interrupt cooldown.

> > - Glyph of Renewal (Renewal of Fire): Reduced the amount of invulnerability granted when reviving the elementalist from 5 seconds to 1 second.

> > - Burning Rage: Reduced the burning duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

> > - Speedy Conduit: This trait has been removed. Its functionality has been combined with Harmonious Conduit, and it has been replaced with Gathered Focus.

> > - Gathered Focus: This new trait takes the master tier, minor trait slot, and it grants 120 concentration plus an additional 120 concentration while the elementalist is above 90% health.

> > - Harmonious Conduit: This trait no longer increases damage after completing an overload. Instead it grants swiftness in addition to stability. It has also changed positions with Invigorating Torrents.

> > - Invigorating Torrents: This trait has switched positions with Harmonious Conduit. Its functionality is unchanged.

> > - Imbued Melodies: This trait has been reworked, and its name has been changed to Transcendent Tempest. This trait reduces the time it takes to attain a singularity by 33% when switching elements and increases outgoing damage and condition damage by 7% for 7 seconds after an overload completes.

>

> Overall great changes everywhere. Speedy conduit was useless trait, now it gives free concentration on minor trait. Tempest has a meaningful offensive GM trait which is great considering that it gives both damage buff (bigger AND longer buff compared to before) as well as less downtime until overload is ready.

>

> Core traits/skills are mostly irrelevant since they arent even used much or are already pretty strong so a slight nerf doesnt hurt. Not having a dedicated warhorn trait can be a bit immersion breaking I guess, and losing free 3 sec boon extension proc might affect some pve group scenarios, but I like it this way more because there's more distinct role in GM traits compared to before. I'd rather have 1 offensive and 1 supportive trait than 2 supportive ones.

Why the hell would I need concentration on an ele???????? It's an ele not a guardian having access to all boons!

We lose the important increased movement while overloading for an extra second of might/protection and regen.....**and people call it great change**...absolute madness

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > In this update, we're following up on some of the tempest changes from the previous update. Speedy Conduit has been a lackluster trait for a while, so we're combining it with Harmonious Conduit and creating a new trait that grants concentration. Imbued Melodies is being removed—we felt it wasn't very interesting while also being unnecessarily restrictive by being tied to the warhorn. Its replacement, Transcendent Tempest, provides an effect that is unique among other grandmaster traits, which we hope will provide a more meaningful choice when compared to the other options.

> >

> > > - Signet of Air: This skill can now be activated to break stuns without a target. Activating the skill while out of range of a target or without a target while not under control effects will put it on interrupt cooldown.

> > > - Glyph of Renewal (Renewal of Fire): Reduced the amount of invulnerability granted when reviving the elementalist from 5 seconds to 1 second.

> > > - Burning Rage: Reduced the burning duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

> > > - Speedy Conduit: This trait has been removed. Its functionality has been combined with Harmonious Conduit, and it has been replaced with Gathered Focus.

> > > - Gathered Focus: This new trait takes the master tier, minor trait slot, and it grants 120 concentration plus an additional 120 concentration while the elementalist is above 90% health.

> > > - Harmonious Conduit: This trait no longer increases damage after completing an overload. Instead it grants swiftness in addition to stability. It has also changed positions with Invigorating Torrents.

> > > - Invigorating Torrents: This trait has switched positions with Harmonious Conduit. Its functionality is unchanged.

> > > - Imbued Melodies: This trait has been reworked, and its name has been changed to Transcendent Tempest. This trait reduces the time it takes to attain a singularity by 33% when switching elements and increases outgoing damage and condition damage by 7% for 7 seconds after an overload completes.

> >

> > Overall great changes everywhere. Speedy conduit was useless trait, now it gives free concentration on minor trait. Tempest has a meaningful offensive GM trait which is great considering that it gives both damage buff (bigger AND longer buff compared to before) as well as less downtime until overload is ready.

> >

> > Core traits/skills are mostly irrelevant since they arent even used much or are already pretty strong so a slight nerf doesnt hurt. Not having a dedicated warhorn trait can be a bit immersion breaking I guess, and losing free 3 sec boon extension proc might affect some pve group scenarios, but I like it this way more because there's more distinct role in GM traits compared to before. I'd rather have 1 offensive and 1 supportive trait than 2 supportive ones.

>

> Why the hell would I need concentration on an ele???????? It's an ele not a guardian having access to all boons!

> We lose the important increased movement while overloading for an extra second of might/protection and regen.....**and people call it great change**...absolute madness

That extra second is still more important than swiftness that you get from other sources and even other classes in every single game mode.