What is the headpiece in this pic from the build template post?

I got really distracted when I saw that picture, wondering if it's something put together for the announcement or one of the developers actual characters. It looks decidedly Halloween themed (which fits with the October 29th release date) but it seems highly likely from the attention it gets in-game that at least some of the developers really like Halloween, so it wouldn't surprise me if they use those skins themselves.

Not actually counting to the topic but I'd like to know if characters they showcase in future updates are actually characters of the Devs themselves. I mean, there's a dev test server but I'm interested in if those are all characters from Arenanet employes or something different. If so I'd suggest censoring the name in the shown screenshot because it could lead to players spamming the devs with messages or abuse such information in other ways. Sure, you see devs hang around in normal servers as well but that's often a rare case and they don't seem to stay for long.

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> Not actually counting to the topic but I'd like to know if characters they showcase in future updates are actually characters of the Devs themselves. I mean, there's a dev test server but I'm interested in if those are all characters from Arenanet employes or something different. If so I'd suggest censoring the name in the shown screenshot because it could lead to players spamming the devs with messages or abuse such information in other ways. Sure, you see devs hang around in normal servers as well but that's often a rare case and they don't seem to stay for long.

Why? It's a picture from the News Blog. If they didn't want the name of the character released to the public, it would not show up there...no?