Alternatives to Berserker/Marauder/Assassin

Einlanzer.1627

Running a Power/hybrid Renegade in OW with Rolling Mists and very, very high Fury uptime. This basically means most of my Precision goes to waste, so I'm looking for the best alternative to a full Berserker/Maruader set. I'm of the opinion that defensive stats are slightly undervalued in OW, so right now I'm running a mix of Soldier, Berserker, and Cavalier gear to minimize my Precision overflow and instead focus a bit more on Ferocity, Vitality, and Toughness.

What I don't like about Cavalier, though, is that it's Toughness primary meaning you're giving up a bit of Power which you basically never want to do.

Meanwhile, Soldier's is a little too defensive minded and means I give up more Ferocity than I want.

Would most people consider Valkyrie a good investment for this type of build? What other suggestions are there?

You're going to have to specify your build here. On my herald, using a standard Devastation + Invocation + Herald build with full berserker, i'm sitting at 91% crit chance with no additional outside bonuses from traits, sigils, or runes. Considering that is lower than 100%, none of my precision is going to waste.

That said, I do run Diviner in the overworld sometimes.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> You're going to have to specify your build here. On my herald, using a standard Devastation + Invocation + Herald build with full berserker, i'm sitting at 91% crit chance with no additional outside bonuses from traits, sigils, or runes. Considering that is lower than 100%, none of my precision is going to waste.

>

> That said, I do run Diviner in the overworld sometimes.

I specified in the OP that I run Rolling Mists with near 100% Fury uptime, which means that anything over 60% crit chance is basically going to waste. Your 91% crit chance is going to waste if you maintain Fury throughout most fights.

> @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > You're going to have to specify your build here. On my herald, using a standard Devastation + Invocation + Herald build with full berserker, i'm sitting at 91% crit chance with no additional outside bonuses from traits, sigils, or runes. Considering that is lower than 100%, none of my precision is going to waste.

> >

> > That said, I do run Diviner in the overworld sometimes.

>

> I specified in the OP that I run Rolling Mists with near 100% Fury uptime, which means that anything over 60% crit chance is basically going to waste. Your 91% crit chance is going to waste if you maintain Fury throughout most fights.

>

he is talking herald which doesn't over cap with full berserkers.

Renegade has the +33% crit chance trait though.

Valks is the only way to maintain max power/ferocity while trimming over capped crit chance.

A different option would be to run a mix of diviners and crusaders.

Ah... I think I know why now. Most renegade builds don't run Rolling Mists. They run Charged Mists, because they need the extra energy. Anyway, the question now is this: how often do you dodge? You lose the extra crit bonus on Renegade if you dodge, so if you find yourself dodging a lot, that 120% crit chance lowers back down to 90 again.