Buff the Warclaw in PvE!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have just disabled it in PvE altogether like they disabled all the other mounts in WvW. It's no use in PvE and if they gave it a use, others already said it, PvE players would feel forced to grind for it in WvW.

You can't even compare that to the grind for the griffin or skyscale, as there is no PvP element involved. Some players just hate being killed by other players.

It's funny to see a norn posing all egotistical and bad bone, and it's provably a ten year old behind the keyboard... haha.

It just makes me laugh so hard. Oh dear.

Anyways.

I can see both points of view in regards to the warclaw.

I'm neutral in this.

I do like the way it looks, but in order for me to have the slightest inclination in using it in PvE, all its upgrades would have to be ported to pve, as up until now, I see no purpose for it.

What I would suggest ANet do is two versions of the warclaw, and give us a series of achievements that you would have to do in pve, in order to unlock its upgrades, rather than going through wvw.

We are in fact playing the same game, not two separate ones, so why shouldn't the warclaw have upgrades in pve?

Imo, I don't think wvw had the need for a mount anyways.

If anything, I think what should in fact be made available in wvw are horses, solo or pulling charriots... and proper war stuff, such as bunkers, sandbags, the ability to build fortresses anywhere, watch towers, firepits, and most important, organise a proper medieval war.

Warclaw could have been a REAL combat mount.. I mean, come to think of it: during battles, people that are on mounts don't dismount to fight. It would have been a good reason to use it in PvE at least. For a land mount it feels underwhelming since it's not as fast as a raptor, it moves forward less than a jackal.

> @"leila.7962" said:

> Warclaw could have been a REAL combat mount.. I mean, come to think of it: during battles, people that are on mounts don't dismount to fight. It would have been a good reason to use it in PvE at least. For a land mount it feels underwhelming since it's not as fast as a raptor, it moves forward less than a jackal.

The dismounting on combat was a decision made to even get mounts into the game. Mounted combat was something they tried in closed dev builds and it never worked well. And honestly, its a good thing too. Being able to run around the world as fast as one can on mounts is fine IMO due to the risk of getting dismounted. especially in the maps designed for mounts where mobs can kill the mount in one or two hits. In Core Tyria you can already skip everything, so its not very effective there.

> @"Bogoris.4035" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"SpongebobsS.9427" said:

> > > I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

> > > so basicly righ now you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care.

> > >

> >

> > As @"Gop.8713" noted, it’s a WvW Mount and..

> >

> > > i realy would like to use it.

> > > An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

> >

> > Those skills DO unlock. For use in WvW only because... surprise: it’s a WvW Mount.

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> If the mount is allowed in PvE areas so should the skills that it offers, otherwise the game should switch back to my PvE mount which is the raptor, rather than keeping me on my warclaw mount.

>

> If the game allows me to use the gear - weapons and armor - and their upgrades, that I have earned in wvw and I bought from the vendors there, then it should do the same with the mount that I have worked so hard to upgrade.

I would then suggest it is disabled in PvE.

Again, it’s always been intended as a WvW Mount.

All of the skills work in WvW.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Bogoris.4035" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"SpongebobsS.9427" said:

> > > > I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

> > > > so basicly righ now you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care.

> > > >

> > >

> > > As @"Gop.8713" noted, it’s a WvW Mount and..

> > >

> > > > i realy would like to use it.

> > > > An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

> > >

> > > Those skills DO unlock. For use in WvW only because... surprise: it’s a WvW Mount.

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > If the mount is allowed in PvE areas so should the skills that it offers, otherwise the game should switch back to my PvE mount which is the raptor, rather than keeping me on my warclaw mount.

> >

> > If the game allows me to use the gear - weapons and armor - and their upgrades, that I have earned in wvw and I bought from the vendors there, then it should do the same with the mount that I have worked so hard to upgrade.

>

> I would then suggest it is disabled in PvE.

>

> Again, it’s always been intended as a WvW Mount.

>

> All of the skills work in WvW.

>

>

While it may have been intended as a wvw mount, its now become more than that to alot of players. Sometimes things can change ya know, but in this case, Warclaw doesnt really serve a purpose in PVE as it is. Having some abilities(A short mastery line to use up some of the excessive amount of mastery points avaialable) that would allow the mount to travel faster(The speed it gets in its homeland) and get the three dodges it has in wvw would be nice, and perhaps the lance could be made available as an attack with ammunition, once it runs out you get de-mounted like the other mounts. It would serve a purpose in combat then.

I dont get what you are fighting against here? you have to unlock it through WVW, leave that as is. Make the mastery in pve only unlockable if you unlocked the matching skill for it in WVW.But, since its available in PVE(Unlike everything else WVW) It should be decently usable in that game mode as well. And if they disabled it in PVE id want the money i spent on skins for it back as i dont WVW that often.

I don't think the mount "needs" to be buffed in PvE.

But there's no reason why they couldn't. If it gets to be a bit more usable and utility in PvE, what is the harm going to be? Some people will prefer raptor some jackal. We also have two flying mounts.

If there's going to be (even) more mounts, then some will compete on one level or another.

I also wouldnt mind if they reuse any other mount for WvW.

If they can make work, and make it fun, I don't see why not. GW2 never needed mounts either, but they made it work and made them fun.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Bogoris.4035" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"SpongebobsS.9427" said:

> > > > > I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

> > > > > so basicly righ now you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > As @"Gop.8713" noted, it’s a WvW Mount and..

> > > >

> > > > > i realy would like to use it.

> > > > > An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

> > > >

> > > > Those skills DO unlock. For use in WvW only because... surprise: it’s a WvW Mount.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > If the mount is allowed in PvE areas so should the skills that it offers, otherwise the game should switch back to my PvE mount which is the raptor, rather than keeping me on my warclaw mount.

> > >

> > > If the game allows me to use the gear - weapons and armor - and their upgrades, that I have earned in wvw and I bought from the vendors there, then it should do the same with the mount that I have worked so hard to upgrade.

> >

> > I would then suggest it is disabled in PvE.

> >

> > Again, it’s always been intended as a WvW Mount.

> >

> > All of the skills work in WvW.

> >

> >

>

>.

>

> I dont get what you are fighting against here?

Simply that other wise, it’s release would effectively be a lie. It was released as a WvW Mount. Period.

?

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> Give it three dodges and the allied zone speed buff in PvE, and it'd probably become a second jackal. Not sure why we'd need a second jackal, but I also can't see how it could hurt either.

The jackal would still be superior because of the sand portals. The warclaw have no role or purpose in pve.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > Give it three dodges and the allied zone speed buff in PvE, and it'd probably become a second jackal. Not sure why we'd need a second jackal, but I also can't see how it could hurt either.

>

> The jackal would still be superior because of the sand portals. The warclaw have no role or purpose in pve.

This is the core of the discussion to me. Mounts aren't just arbitrarily introduced, they each serve a role. One of the big complaints about the skyscale is it started to make some of the other mounts irrelevant. What role would a pve warclaw fill . . ?

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > Give it three dodges and the allied zone speed buff in PvE, and it'd probably become a second jackal. Not sure why we'd need a second jackal, but I also can't see how it could hurt either.

>

> The jackal would still be superior because of the sand portals. The warclaw have no role or purpose in pve.

People actually use those?

Ngl, 99% of the time I use a raptor or jackal, I use it simply because it's faster than walking, too short a distance to use a roller beetle, and not enough virticality for a skyscale/springer. Neither the jackal or the raptor have any merit beyond their decent auto run speeds (or certain achievements) - to the point where I have unslotted my raptor keybind months ago since they both fill the same role.

So long as a warclaw can run almost as fast as a raptor or jackal, it could serve the same purpose for players who prefer a more feline orientated mount.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > Give it three dodges and the allied zone speed buff in PvE, and it'd probably become a second jackal. Not sure why we'd need a second jackal, but I also can't see how it could hurt either.

> >

> > The jackal would still be superior because of the sand portals. The warclaw have no role or purpose in pve.

>

> People actually use those?

>

> Ngl, 99% of the time I use a raptor or jackal, I use it simply because it's faster than walking, too short a distance to use a roller beetle, and not enough virticality for a skyscale/springer. Neither the jackal or the raptor have any merit beyond their decent auto run speeds (or certain achievements) - to the point where I have unslotted my raptor keybind months ago since they both fill the same role.

>

> So long as a warclaw can run almost as fast as a raptor or jackal, it could serve the same purpose for players who prefer a more feline orientated mount.

So your interest is cosmetic, and better served via a skin . . ?

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > Give it three dodges and the allied zone speed buff in PvE, and it'd probably become a second jackal. Not sure why we'd need a second jackal, but I also can't see how it could hurt either.

> > >

> > > The jackal would still be superior because of the sand portals. The warclaw have no role or purpose in pve.

> >

> > People actually use those?

> >

> > Ngl, 99% of the time I use a raptor or jackal, I use it simply because it's faster than walking, too short a distance to use a roller beetle, and not enough virticality for a skyscale/springer. Neither the jackal or the raptor have any merit beyond their decent auto run speeds (or certain achievements) - to the point where I have unslotted my raptor keybind months ago since they both fill the same role.

> >

> > So long as a warclaw can run almost as fast as a raptor or jackal, it could serve the same purpose for players who prefer a more feline orientated mount.

>

> So your interest is cosmetic, and better served via a skin . . ?

If Anet could make a jackal or raptor look like a warclaw, I think the door would be wide open for a dolyak-springer mount - or maybe something spicier.

So, yes. If I never wanted anything to happen and live in a world of dreams, my interests would be better served via an uninspired skin I probably wouldn't buy.

I got the Warclaw because I wanted to have a cat mount, since we already had a dog and a fox (skin). While I do enjoy it in WvW, its useless in PvE and I wish that was rectified, but the only role i could see it fulfilling that isn't taken up by another mount is stealth.

Basically a slow-moving mount dedicated entirely to aggro avoidance/immunity. The Skyscale already partially fulfills this role, and that's part of why I realised how nice it'd be, but also it has overlaps with the other mounts so not really a problem..?

I bet people would literally pay money to have this..

> @"SpongebobsS.9427" said:

> I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

> so basicly righ now **you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care**.

>

> i realy would like to use it.

> An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

>

>

No, no,no, NOO! It should stay in PvE. Buffed to any power level the players want. ANet can even make it fly! But in PvE.

The only place from where the Warclaw should be completely removed is WvW.