My spidey senses are tingling

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> Not a chance. They are still "working" on balancing all of the issues they have created for the last 4 years. There is almost a 0% chance we will get anything new during the next 4 years to come.

That didn't stop them before. Especually when they gave Thief a copy paste of Pistols in form of Deadeye Rifle before reworking/unnerfing Pistols to be more unique, such as returning Ricochet.

I also wouldn't mind if they added weapons to classes without Elite Specs attached to them; cuz their whole 'wanting all classes to use all weapons eventually' dream would never be reached anytime soon by following that system. It'd be great if that happened along-side unlocking elite spec weapons to still be useable without the spec, just wouldn't be able to use the Traits for them.

> @"Doggie.3184" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > Not a chance. They are still "working" on balancing all of the issues they have created for the last 4 years. There is almost a 0% chance we will get anything new during the next 4 years to come.

>

> That didn't stop them before. Especually when they gave Thief a copy paste of Pistols in form of Deadeye Rifle before reworking/unnerfing Pistols to be more unique, such as returning Ricochet.

>

> I also wouldn't mind if they added weapons to classes without Elite Specs attached to them; cuz their whole 'wanting all classes to use all weapons eventually' dream would never be reached anytime soon by following that system. It'd be great if that happened along-side unlocking elite spec weapons to still be useable without the spec, just wouldn't be able to use the Traits for them.

People keep saying anet wants every class to use every weapon. I've played since beta, I don't ever recall them saying that and no one can ever provide a source. Sure, it would be nice to get some changes, but I just don't see it happening at this point.

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> I said Meow because while I would love a new weapon..I am not getting my hopes up. Meow seems fitting and fun.

I think they made it clear they are planning a rather extensive rework of classes. Can't see they would muddy the waters before then and have to turn around rework even more stuff in light of how the newly reworked classes operate

I have faith they will make something, whether its playable or not is debatable. I also doubt we will get anything that can't be monetized thoroughly and as well require any vast amount of resources or dev time. Pretty much Im assuming we are going the route of maintenance mode with hard Micro-transactions, simply because that is how all of this feels to me now.

If the team is as small as 20 people and they all work 8 hour days, thats 160 hours per day.. what are they doing in the 160 hours a day, 800 hours invested into a 5 day week doing what? and for 2 months per sarga 6400 hours to create ? seems excessive, so what are they doing with their time?

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> I have faith they will make something, whether its playable or not is debatable. I also doubt we will get anything that can't be monetized thoroughly and as well require any vast amount of resources or dev time. Pretty much Im assuming we are going the route of maintenance mode with hard Micro-transactions, simply because that is how all of this feels to me now.

Actually new Core Weapons to classes is a great way to monetize new skins. For example, as a Revenant main I can't use Greatswords. Greatswords are one of the most expensive legendary on the TP. If I had that weapon I would be more willing to buy new Greatsword skins on the Gem Store ot black lion chest.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> >

> >

> > This got posted on reddit a while ago.

>

> people mentioned that these were just icons for weapons that wasnt already added to the game threw elite specs. But since when did Sea Weapons need an Elite Spec icon unless they came to land?

Sorry, but we've already seen the reason they added these icons. They're part of build templates, when you hover over your equipment template tab.

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > I have faith they will make something, whether its playable or not is debatable. I also doubt we will get anything that can't be monetized thoroughly and as well require any vast amount of resources or dev time. Pretty much Im assuming we are going the route of maintenance mode with hard Micro-transactions, simply because that is how all of this feels to me now.

>

> Actually new Core Weapons to classes is a great way to monetize new skins. For example, as a Revenant main I can't use Greatswords. Greatswords are one of the most expensive legendary on the TP. If I had that weapon I would be more willing to buy new Greatsword skins on the Gem Store ot black lion chest.

true but they won't do it~

> @"theoneparttwo.9561" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

>

> > Now giving that before Rytlock became a revenant he was a warrior with off hand pistol.

> >

> > Have you seen any other player warrior with off hand pistol yet?

> >

>

>

> To be fair, yes. Rytlock is a Charr and this has been plausible in game since Day 1

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Pistol

My personal conspiracy theory is that Rytlock was actually a sword-pistol thief who just rolled hard as a "warrior". I vaguely recall seeing him use a move like the thief's Pistol Whip skill, but that was LONG ago so I can't say that's for certain.

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> > @"theoneparttwo.9561" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> >

> > > Now giving that before Rytlock became a revenant he was a warrior with off hand pistol.

> > >

> > > Have you seen any other player warrior with off hand pistol yet?

> > >

> >

> >

> > To be fair, yes. Rytlock is a Charr and this has been plausible in game since Day 1

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Pistol

>

> My personal conspiracy theory is that Rytlock was actually a sword-pistol thief who just rolled hard as a "warrior". I vaguely recall seeing him use a move like the thief's Pistol Whip skill, but that was LONG ago so I can't say that's for certain.

Nah he a Warrior Revenant that used Charr Racial

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Not without elite specs.. I maintain that no elite specs will come in living world and I hope they do not.

>

> I dont see why New Weapons can't be added to core classes. I mean not like we didn't get new skills in vanilla. New core weapons would be a great content addition.

I agree although adding new weapons will add all new balance issues.

Doing it through elite specs is one way they can diminish the balance issue by controlling a single trait line.

I'd personally prefer they just added new weapons as well but they've already made this a feature of elite specs so just adding them now would only diminish a big selling point of expansions.. so would adding new specs in the living world.

It wouldn't be a big deal if they revamped underwater skill options though.. add more weapons there like Sword and Dagger etc.. that would be a very good update imo and one the game is long overdue for.