Reaper AFK farming is allowed I think

Selient.6018

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just call it by name: Necros, Ingenieurs and sometimes other classes are sitting afk, having scripts running that auto attack every somewhat seconds to not get kicked while minions, turrets and other pets permanently kill mobs. This is auto or afk farming of magic, karma, XP etc.

Can i be upset about that? Yes, absolutely. That's just unfair, isn't it? People care about such things and that's totally fine.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> How do u know they are running a script and not just pressing one button in the keyboard every half hour

Because they attack once every 10 or 15 seconds in most cases. And i just did the test and took a look at one spot over one day, after 14 hours the exact same player still stood there. I don't have to tell you that it is very unlikely that someone is standing at the same spot for 14 hours and presses the auto attack key every 10 seconds, right?

And before you start arguing: It's the same with everyone there. Go take a look by yourself if you don't believe us.

In fact i started luring strong enemies to them to watch them die and sometimes it works.

> @"Kisakee.3587" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > How do u know they are running a script and not just pressing one button in the keyboard every half hour

>

> Because they attack once every 10 or 15 seconds in most cases. And i just did the test and took a look at one spot over one day, after 14 hours the exact same player still stood there. I don't have to tell you that it is very unlikely that someone is standing at the same spot for 14 hours and presses the auto attack key every 10 seconds, right?

>

> And before you start arguing: It's the same with everyone there. Go take a look by yourself if you don't believe us.

> In fact i started luring strong enemies to them to watch them die and sometimes it works.

You got the point!!

It's not against the rule if they really not afk, but

how do you play gw2 10+ hours at same spot?

Really?

There is no answer for it,

Devs just ignore this problem since release,

GMs jsut tell you to report in game and reply like NPC.

I feel you might be a little obsessed over it if you are watching over a 14hr period. It is Anets problem not ours. Do what the rest do and report/move on, making sure you take screenshots.

Anet have repeatedly sorted some offenders - sometimes immediately and sometimes in waves later on down the line.

Until they cause me an actual direct issue...I fail to see any issue especially since it is beyond my control anyway

Report and move on

> @"Selient.6018" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/15P7pgE.png "")

> There are always 10+ afk players sit at Domain of Istan.

> Reporting in game does not help.

> Why it's allowed?

> No GM can answer this.

>

Here is an idea, and try to bare with me here okay?

Have you ever tried just PLAYING and ENJOYING this game? Why would you even care about this? What is wrong with people ...

> @"FOX.3582" said:

> > @"Selient.6018" said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/15P7pgE.png "")

> > There are always 10+ afk players sit at Domain of Istan.

> > Reporting in game does not help.

> > Why it's allowed?

> > No GM can answer this.

> >

>

> Here is an idea, and try to bare with me here okay?

>

> Have you ever tried just PLAYING and ENJOYING this game? Why would you even care about this? What is wrong with people ...

Its even better cause you dont get 10k AP by farming, so those players actively play to! XD

What would OP think about me? i spend all day sitting in the BC half the time, or out in Whatever the new map is just talking to people.

> @"FOX.3582" said:

> > @"Selient.6018" said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/15P7pgE.png "")

> > There are always 10+ afk players sit at Domain of Istan.

> > Reporting in game does not help.

> > Why it's allowed?

> > No GM can answer this.

> >

>

> Here is an idea, and try to bare with me here okay?

>

> Have you ever tried just PLAYING and ENJOYING this game? Why would you even care about this? What is wrong with people ...

This is always my thought. Why do you even care. Just play your game the way you want..

> @"iAntigone.2097" said:

> If you feel like a owner of a GW2 account is doing something wrong just report them and move on. Making a post on a public forum saying a person is doing something wrong is going to solve nothing at all. Once you report them it's in Arenanet's hands if they get punished or not.

not a person, but at lease 20 afker doing it

and there is not proper way to report it

> @"Selient.6018" said:

> > @"iAntigone.2097" said:

> > If you feel like a owner of a GW2 account is doing something wrong just report them and move on. Making a post on a public forum saying a person is doing something wrong is going to solve nothing at all. Once you report them it's in Arenanet's hands if they get punished or not.

>

> not a person, but at lease 20 afker doing it

> and there is not proper way to report it

Hmm weird.. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010187753-Reporting-a-Player-or-Guil

> @"FitzChevalerie.1035" said:

> why would anet give us autocast if they didnt want it to be used

>

Mostly for skill chains.

Personally I've always felt that allowing people to assign it to other skills was a mistake, should be locked to your 1 skill chain.

This problem wouldn't exist if it was without macros and 3rd party software.. and that's a lot easier to identify and ban people for using.

> @"Kisakee.3587" said:

> Just call it by name: Necros, Ingenieurs and sometimes other classes are sitting afk, having scripts running that auto attack every somewhat seconds to not get kicked while minions, turrets and other pets permanently kill mobs. This is auto or afk farming of magic, karma, XP etc.

>

> Can i be upset about that? Yes, absolutely. That's just unfair, isn't it? People care about such things and that's totally fine.

I like Minions and use them often so that's mostly why it bothers me.

I fear one day they will be changed because of AFK players abusing them and will end up completely killing their use and appeal.

One bad change can ruin a skill type for me, the last big change to Ranger spirits is one such example.

Used them for many years until the last change.. now i've removed them from every single one of my builds because they're garbage now.

Don't want to see Minions suffer something similar.

> @"BadHealer.3608" said:

> > @"Kisakee.3587" said:

> > Because they attack once every 10 or 15 seconds in most cases.

> Yes, you can set one skill at autoattack (CTRL+Mouse2). I'm doing this for 7 years. What is wrong with that? Should I banded for live for abusing?

>

This is not how it works, think again.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Kisakee.3587" said:

> > Just call it by name: Necros, Ingenieurs and sometimes other classes are sitting afk, having scripts running that auto attack every somewhat seconds to not get kicked while minions, turrets and other pets permanently kill mobs. This is auto or afk farming of magic, karma, XP etc.

> >

> > Can i be upset about that? Yes, absolutely. That's just unfair, isn't it? People care about such things and that's totally fine.

>

> I like Minions and use them often so that's mostly why it bothers me.

> I fear one day they will be changed because of AFK players abusing them and will end up completely killing their use and appeal.

>

> One bad change can ruin a skill type for me, the last big change to Ranger spirits is one such example.

> Used them for many years until the last change.. now i've removed them from every single one of my builds because they're garbage now.

> Don't want to see Minions suffer something similar.

If ANet would punish such afk farming behaviour with time bans or perma bans nobody would do it anymore and no changes are needed. Doing nothing for a long time just accumulates the frustration of the people to the point where they need to do something about it to prevent riots and (again like in many other cases) tempt to overreact with nerfs etc.

And again to everyone else who just sad "ignore it": Why should we? Not doing anything against it is in my understanding the same like allowing it and for freaks sake i'm not going to allow anyone to abuse something to get an unfair advantage of. Earn it like everyone else!