What to do in guild wars November 2019?

Luther.1982

Hi everyone! I just returned from a Long 12 months break and realised people don’t do bounty hunters in large groups anymore. I was also looking out for world bosses in LFG as well as auric basin etc.

What do people do these days in the open world? I love PVE; running around in a huge group killing off enemies with a certain goal in mind

- please forgive me as I cannot recall much about the game.

Well, a week from Tuesday the Icebrood Saga begins so it's a safe bet that PvE folks will be swarming the new story and map; we won't know until then if there's a meta to do. There is a meta in the final map of LS4 that may be newly popular now that the festival is over -- you've just missed Halloween, which featured a large group of people running a maze and killing stuff.

> @"Luther.1982" said:

> Thanks for your input, i'll be sure to catch up the stories. Besides the meta in LS4 do people do dragon stand and bounty hunter in the crystal desert anymore? are world bosses worth doing still?

Yes to all. I've done Dragonstand a few times in the past month and people still do bounties and bosses.

I don't think anyone bothers to advertise for world bosses in LFG because there's always people doing them, so there's no need to go out of your way to find a group.

For things like Auric Basin and Dragon's Stand you need to bear in mind the event is on a timer, it will only start at specific times so if you're looking for a group at any other time you're unlikely to find one because there's no point in advertising. (Although you need to start looking shortly _before_ the meta is due to start, because after it's started is too late to get people in.) You can use the timers page on the Wiki to find out what's happening now or when the meta you want will start: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

It's only ones like Silverwastes and Dragonfall which aren't on a timer where you can drop into the map at almost any time and have a good chance of finding a group in LFG.

You also have to factor in real-life schedules: there's more people online in the evening: roughly 4pm-11pm UTC for EU and later, around midnight UTC, for NA. I don't know the timings for NA because I rarely play there.

> @"Luther.1982" said:

> Thanks for your input, i'll be sure to catch up the stories. Besides the meta in LS4 do people do dragon stand and bounty hunter in the crystal desert anymore? are world bosses worth doing still?

I ran dragon stand today. It was fine. Not prime time either, but off hours. All the metas are still done. Just use a timer site, and then LFG to find a server that's taxi-ing to the active map.

World bosses are done too, but no one LFGs them, just use a timer site and show up. They're not generally as profitable as meta events.

People still run the silver wastes, just look for Riba groups, which are the most efficient way to farm the Silverwastes.

The Dragonfall meta is still done and plenty of people running around the new zone, Grothmar Valley.

I also saw people doing bounties in Vabbi earlier today. I don't know if they were using LFG because I was just there to get Funerary Incense so I didn't check, but at one point there were 2 commanders and a mentor on my map, each doing a different bounty. I also did the Forged with Fire meta event with a group, and when I left the map people were starting to talk about doing the Serpent's Ire meta. So that map at least is still active. I'm there a lot at the moment getting Incense for my legendary and I usually see at least one group doing either bounties or a meta.

Admittedly I've also done Forged with Fire with just 1-5 people (started with 1, got up to 5, had 4 when it finished) because no one else showed up, but that was on a Monday and we still completed it.