Strike Mission Rewards

Alyster.9470

Hey all,

I think Strike mission rewards need to be changed, bjora marches strike missions literally give nothing other than ingots which you will never use if you dont want to craft the weapons and 3-4 unid gear. Even Grothmar strike mission gives more rewards including 300 volatile magic which is much easier than the Bjora Marches strikes.

My Suggestion:

-Add a new currency for strike mission to be used on further armor and weapon skins or infusions to be released with the next following strikes. (I hope there will be exclusive skins for them).

-Add hero choice chest to daily strike giving 50 eternal ice or ingots or more strike currency. (not really sure what It can given add suggestions)

-Add 2g for gold, 1g for silver and 50s for bronze tier completion.

Also, I think making them rotate daily will make it better overall.

Thank you and do not hesitate to post your suggestions.

I agree the new strikes would benefit from enhanced rewards. As it is there is little reason to do them more than once. I still do the grothmar strike every day just for the chance at the shoulders or chair, but the new strikes I'll only do as a prelude to grothmar or if a group just asks for help or w/e . . .

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that this is a relatively minor complaint. Compared to all the reward issues with Grothmar, anet hit a home run with ep 1 . . .

A player stands to make around 10G per day doing the strike mission on the new map for the ingots. I’d say that’s pretty rewarding compared to the RNG drops of the first wing where you could go weeks without getting the shoulders let along the chair. I’m pretty sure that will go up with the next episode as I doubt this is the last time we’ll use the ingots.

I have gone weeks without getting the shoulders or the chair :p

Using gold as a reward is destined to fail as it requires you to give perpetually greater rewards for every new event or it will be a disappointment compared to what came before, a strategy which would ofc make the older content instantly obsolete by comparison . . .

Unique drops or currency that can be used for unique items are really the only thing that maintains long term interest in an event. I personally would like to see more unique account bound drops as well . . .

> @"Alyster.9470" said:

> Hey all,

> I think Strike mission rewards need to be changed, bjora marches strike missions literally give nothing other than ingots which you will never use if you dont want to craft the weapons and 3-4 unid gear. Even Grothmar strike mission gives more rewards including 300 volatile magic which is much easier than the Bjora Marches strikes.

> My Suggestion:

> -Add a new currency for strike mission to be used on further armor and weapon skins or infusions to be released with the next following strikes. (I hope there will be exclusive skins for them).

> -Add hero choice chest to daily strike giving 50 eternal ice or ingots or more strike currency. (not really sure what It can given add suggestions)

> -Add 2g for gold, 1g for silver and 50s for bronze tier completion.

>

> Also, I think making them rotate daily will make it better overall.

>

> Thank you and do not hesitate to post your suggestions.

2 gold is way to much for a one minute fight. You can also craft 32 slot bags with the ingots.

The rewards are pretty poor alright, as stated it's mainly just the ingots. You can get ingots from other sources and the sale value of the goods you can make with them is dropping rapidly.

Sure the fight is quick and fairly easy with a competent group but some kind of prestige rewards would be a good idea. Perhaps they'll add them when they complete the map in episode 2.

There's 24 , 28, and 32 slot bags that you can craft after different stages of the Restored Boreal weapon collection.

The issue with that is most likely you want to sell the weapon instead if the profit is 60s-1g per eitrite. I did the math and it is cheaper to make 32 slot bags the old way (once you account for current eitrite value versus with eitrite) because it still requires multiple Supreme Rune of Holding for the Boreal containers despite requiring 8 rather than 12. The only advantage is if you make 24 or 28 slot bags as those are still accountbound for Boreal bags but not the old way with Tailor/Armorsmith recipes. The total eitrite for 24 slot is 20 (10+ 2 of the 20-slot ones requiring 5 eitrite), the 28 slot requires 40 eitrite (20 + sturdy boreal duffel 24 slot bag) , then 80 in total for the 32 slot (40 + hardened boreal barrel 28 slot bag).

A 24 slot bag without special attributes such as sorting or hiding from sell-to-vendor costs ~30g to make the old way (1 Supreme Rune), 28 slots typically costs ~65g (5 Supreme Runes versus 3) , 32 slots ~150g (12 Supreme Runes versus 8).

The ~106g + 80 eitrite exceeds the cost of a plain 32 slot bag currently.

The ~49g + 40 eitrite exceeds the cost of a 28 slot bag as well by nearly two times once you assign value to eitrite.

The ~27g + 20 eitrite for a 24 slot bag is utterly pointless.

Let's not forget you need to attain tier 7 of the Restored Boreal weapons (13 weapons) which is another cost.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> My main issue with the rewards of Strike Missions is that silver/gold rewards are insulting. I'm not sure about the overall rewards but those you get by finishing the mission quickly need some serious looking at.

I agree. There needs to be an incentive for players like me who are happy to sit comfortably in the bronze medal zone and are not incentivised to constantly push for the higher medals every time. If this to bridge a gap, there needs to be a push so that players naturally start to improve as well as having the desire to