Exotic item horrendous drop rate

Ghetx.1752

I spend hours in SW every day,and i open about 10.000 bags every month.

That's countless hours of riba and cf

I never got anything other than Truth,Stardust and Rapier.

This is my second account.In 6 years spent in SW,doing events and chest farms i never,never got more than those 3 items i mentioned above,nor i ever got precursor or any item worth more than 2 gold for that matter.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> I spend hours in SW every day,and i open about 10.000 bags every month.

>

> That's countless hours of riba and cf

>

> I never got anything other than Truth,Stardust and Rapier.

>

> This is my second account.In 6 years spent in SW,doing events and chest farms i never,never got more than those 3 items i mentioned above,nor i ever got precursor or any item worth more than 2 gold for that matter.

Well you dont farm sw to get exotics, you farm it to get bags that you open with proper lvl bag opener.

If you are after exotics i suggest you to switch content.

Only 3 exotics is still pretty unlucky tho.

Loot bags and chests do have drop tables like everything else. You won't get every kind of named exotic out of the Silverwastes bags, but only the few that are part of those bags's loot tables. If you want other named exotics, play different content to open different kinds of bags. If you want a precursor so badly, buy or craft one. Those are ultra rare (as you can see from your drops). They do drop in the Silverwastes (one of the two I ever dropped in game came from there, and I rarely go to that map, it was just luck), just like they drop in every other piece of content in the game, just not with any kind of regularity that would come close to guaranteeing you'll get one for playing a certain number of hours.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> Loot bags and chests do have drop tables like everything else. You won't get every kind of named exotic out of the Silverwastes bags, but only the few that are part of those bags's loot tables. If you want other named exotics, play different content to open different kinds of bags. If you want a precursor so badly, buy or craft one. Those are ultra rare (as you can see from your drops). They do drop in the Silverwastes (one of the two I ever dropped in game came from there, and I rarely go to that map, it was just luck), just like they drop in every other piece of content in the game, just not with any kind of regularity that would come close to guaranteeing you'll get one for playing a certain number of hours.

Yes,but you have chance to get more than exact same 3 items + every precursor there is,which i am yet to see after 6 years.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > so you're farming the same area over and over and getting the same items...

> > super puzzling how this happens.

>

> You have chance to get almost any exotic item in SW,getting 3 same items for 6 years,its little bit hilarious.

Justifying yourself with this post makes it more hilarious.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > so you're farming the same area over and over and getting the same items...

> > > super puzzling how this happens.

> >

> > You have chance to get almost any exotic item in SW,getting 3 same items for 6 years,its little bit hilarious.

>

> Justifying yourself with this post makes it more hilarious.

Same there.

> @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > I spend hours in SW every day,and i open about 10.000 bags every month.

> >

> > That's countless hours of riba and cf

> >

> > I never got anything other than Truth,Stardust and Rapier.

> >

> > This is my second account.In 6 years spent in SW,doing events and chest farms i never,never got more than those 3 items i mentioned above,nor i ever got precursor or any item worth more than 2 gold for that matter.

>

> Well you dont farm sw to get exotics, you farm it to get bags that you open with proper lvl bag opener.

>

> If you are after exotics i suggest you to switch content.

>

> Only 3 exotics is still pretty unlucky tho.

That's not the point.No one farms for exotic items specifically,but this is really sad.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > > @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > > I spend hours in SW every day,and i open about 10.000 bags every month.

> > >

> > > That's countless hours of riba and cf

> > >

> > > I never got anything other than Truth,Stardust and Rapier.

> > >

> > > This is my second account.In 6 years spent in SW,doing events and chest farms i never,never got more than those 3 items i mentioned above,nor i ever got precursor or any item worth more than 2 gold for that matter.

> >

> > Well you dont farm sw to get exotics, you farm it to get bags that you open with proper lvl bag opener.

> >

> > If you are after exotics i suggest you to switch content.

> >

> > Only 3 exotics is still pretty unlucky tho.

>

> That's not the point.No one farms for exotic items specifically,but this is really sad.

That is sad, like i said you are very unlucky ?

Not getting a precursor as a drop is not unusual, the majority of GW2 players won't get one, especially if they don't dump exotics and rares into the Mystic Forge, which is the main source of precursor drops. I'm on 6,064 hours played over 2,661 days (since day 1 of headstart) and I've never had a precursor drop. But I've made 3 legendaries, nearly finished a 4th and could have made many more if I wanted to.

It doens't really make sense to gauge your success by how often you get the rarest items in the entire game, especially when they're only that valuable because they're so rare. If they increased the drop rate so you were getting them regularly then everyone else would get more of them too, supply would exceed demand, the price would drop and they'd become just like those exotics you're not interested in because they don't sell for hundreds of gold.

If you want lots of gold then hoping for extremely rare items is the worst approach to take. Silverwastes isn't a popular farming map because everyone except you regularly gets precursors and rare exotics there, it's because they get the same bags you get, but know how to convert them into the most gold, usually by opening them on mid-level characters to get items to salvage for mid-tier crafting materials which sell for more (because they're used for lots of things but the majoity of characters are level 80 and not getting many of them).

And if you're bored with Silverwastes and want the chance at rare drops maybe try farming somewhere else. There is no where you're guarenteed to get rare, valuable exotics because as explained above if that was the case they wouldn't be rare anymore and therefore wouldn't be valuable, but the variety might make it more interesting for you, and there are some items (like HoT and PoF skins) which you definitely won't get in Silverwastes.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > Loot bags and chests do have drop tables like everything else. You won't get every kind of named exotic out of the Silverwastes bags, but only the few that are part of those bags's loot tables. If you want other named exotics, play different content to open different kinds of bags. If you want a precursor so badly, buy or craft one. Those are ultra rare (as you can see from your drops). They do drop in the Silverwastes (one of the two I ever dropped in game came from there, and I rarely go to that map, it was just luck), just like they drop in every other piece of content in the game, just not with any kind of regularity that would come close to guaranteeing you'll get one for playing a certain number of hours.

>

> Yes,but you have chance to get more than exact same 3 items + every precursor there is,which i am yet to see after 6 years.

I'm not so sure about that. It's only anecdotal evidence, but what I've seen of Silverwastes drops (bags and chests) there really is only a handfull of named exotics that are part of those loot tables. Like I said, try different content that drops champ bags other than bandit champs to get different named exotics.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> It doens't really make sense to gauge your success by how often you get the rarest items in the entire game

Isn't the invisible shoe box the rarest item in the game?

It has the probably smallest drop rate of all items in the game **and** only drops from one kind of mob that happens to only be in half-dead content.

Precursors are hard. For 2-3 years before POF I've got 1 precursor from MF-ing gold items(a lot of them from Siverwastes, man that map is a blast), but after POF my luck suddenly change so I got like 10 precursors in 1 year, 2-3 drops and rest of them by MF-ing gold items( gold unid. mostly). But since Anet remove luck from unid....like 1 year ago ..no precursor for me...but I guess i had my share(also true is i didn't play much due to dry of content). Ironic for you(sorry) is that I've got my Mystic Forge precursors in Silverwastes due to magic find buff.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> Isn't the invisible shoe box the rarest item in the game?

> It has the probably smallest drop rate of all items in the game **and** only drops from one kind of mob that happens to only be in half-dead content.

No, chak egg sac and some infusions are way more rare than the boots. I mean they only cost between 3,5 to 4k gold. That's not even the half of a couple of other items.

I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> I never had any luck in any other game,but i never played any other game as long as Guild Wars,not even WoW

>

> Its really sad to think i never got precursor or any other exotic for that matter,with cost more than 3 gold,for exactly 6 years of doing different things,especially meta events with SW being number one.

It may be sad, but it's still not uncommon. Why do you think those other exotics are worth more than the ones you get from the Silverwastes? There is a reason why loot that drops from some of the most-played content in game is more plentyful in supply and therefore less demanded on the trading post.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > Loot bags and chests do have drop tables like everything else. You won't get every kind of named exotic out of the Silverwastes bags, but only the few that are part of those bags's loot tables. If you want other named exotics, play different content to open different kinds of bags. If you want a precursor so badly, buy or craft one. Those are ultra rare (as you can see from your drops). They do drop in the Silverwastes (one of the two I ever dropped in game came from there, and I rarely go to that map, it was just luck), just like they drop in every other piece of content in the game, just not with any kind of regularity that would come close to guaranteeing you'll get one for playing a certain number of hours.

>

> Yes,but you have chance to get more than exact same 3 items + every precursor there is,which i am yet to see after 6 years.

You are wrong. Check the link Inculpatus cedo.9234 provided.

Also before the change to magic find and unidentified gear, people would stack magic find in Silverwastes to open those which is where the actual variety in exotic loot came from and not the SW loot bags. The SW seed pouches have a very limited exotic loot table (unless you hit the jackpot with a precursor, but given those are very rare even with thousands of lootbags, no surprise you rotated the same 3-4 exotics) and as was mentioned, SW is being farmed for something else than exotics.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> I spend hours in SW every day,and i open about 10.000 bags every month.

>

> That's countless hours of riba and cf

>

> I never got anything other than Truth,Stardust and Rapier.

>

> This is my second account.In 6 years spent in SW,doing events and chest farms i never,never got more than those 3 items i mentioned above,nor i ever got precursor or any item worth more than 2 gold for that matter.

You know those are the only 3 Exotics you get from SW, don't you? Also, forgot to include this little tidbit: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

I have max magic find and when I remember also have a banner boost and birthday booster, and I'd say I get at least one exotic a day and usually several. I play a pretty even mix of WvW, PvP, open world and fractals (also raids, but those are guaranteed exotic so I won't count it here), and I'd say they all give fairly even amounts of exotic, maybe open world is slightly lower than the rest. Most exotics come from opening all unidentified gear or from champ bags, very very rarely do they drop on their own.

More often than not, it's cheap and useless exotics, but occasionally one might have a good rune or sigil. I've only ever had 3 or 4 precursors drop (over 9000 hours) and none of those have been recent. The majority of precursors I've had are from the forge (around 20), with the best success rate from forging exotic weapons.

And lastly, if you are farming one place over and over then you are getting hit by diminishing returns, so I wouldn't expect to be drowning in loot if that is all you do.