Warriors Aren't Meant To Be Rangers

Roy.5639

> @"god of slayers.2046" said:

> Hello Doc Holiday this ~~Boomer~~ Charr has been running around 1 shotting people for awhile now and I'm not too sure why or how this build hasn't been nerfed yet. Its honestly broken and very unfun to play against! I hope ANET really gives this build the big nerf hammer soon! :rage:

Hi Bonce

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anet biggest mistake was giving Warrior Profession and Thief Profession Rifle, in fact the whole design behind Rifle weapon is badly designed.

I agree, Warrior Profession are not Ranger Profession... so as Thief Profession are not Ranger Profession.

-Long range weapons should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession, 1200 range should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession-

-**This is what happens when when you want everyone to share same identity as somebody else, to be like everyone else, their builds, their mechanics, their designs-stealth, teleport, pulls, vulnerabilities, evades, (same Profession runes, Profession sigils, same for everyone),-+1 shotting bad design to everyone...**- It becomes a clown show, clown fiesta-

Everyone is everybody

Everyone wearing the same mask

**Everyone is a clown**

I dont understand these post. Are u guys new to mmo and mmo archetypes?

Rangers are ranger cuz the range the land not because their weapon of choice is ranged. Some rangers in alot of fantasy writing's use melee predominantly and only use ranged when needed. People always confusing rangers(survivalist) with archers lol.

Given gw2 story and lore especially charr I think I'd be weird if a charr warrior couldnt use a rifle. Gw2 is set in a fantasy world where old and new tech exist along side one another so in that context a warrior would be top in line for a rifle.

With that said anet should definitely look at lowering the burst potential and give rifle skills 1-5 some love so its viable past the use of one burst use.

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > Gonna give this troll thread a 6/10. Too serious. Try again next time tho.

>

> nah, I had a good laugh. 7/10 from me

Hmm. How do we rate them tho. Perhaps I was off on my initial 6/10. Maybe it's higher since he's baited so many people?

I did get a chuckle out of "Boom. Dead from across the map in one hit."

@"Doc Holiday.1326" Okay for all that saying this Rifle Build is stupid op. The Build is complete glasscanon and ist a only know how to dodge Thing (1 1/4 seconds cast time on rifle salve are more than enough to react) The only 2 skills that doing high Damage are the Rifle Salve skill and the Third Weapon skill. I mean rly Fresh air ele is more op than this ^^. At least I want you to know what exactly build it is so here is the Link t the Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEQiNssBGIjiNxKxiWqapD-zZIPlSFBBMEKYCUyCwWDA

> @"alain.1659" said:

> Sadly there is no class identity in the game anymore. Elite specs destroyed the roles of specific professions and second elite wave kicked it while it was down. But it was already shaky when you could bring a flamethrower to a sword fight :)

The second was just a game speed increase

Pls anet do Hots prepatch in pvp

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> Anet biggest mistake was giving Warrior Profession and Thief Profession Rifle, in fact the whole design behind Rifle weapon is badly designed.

>

> I agree, Warrior Profession are not Ranger Profession... so as Thief Profession are not Ranger Profession.

>

> -Long range weapons should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession, 1200 range should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession-

>

> -**This is what happens when when you want everyone to share same identity as somebody else, to be like everyone else, their builds, their mechanics, their designs-stealth, teleport, pulls, vulnerabilities, evades, (same Profession runes, Profession sigils, same for everyone),-+1 shotting bad design to everyone...**- It becomes a clown show, clown fiesta-

>

> Everyone is everybody

>

> Everyone wearing the same mask

>

> **Everyone is a clown**

>

>

>

>

I disagree i think ranged sniper assasin fits thief perfectly. They are already assasins, so it makes sense for them to go stealthy and shoot people down from ranged.

They bows so why not a rifle?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > Anet biggest mistake was giving Warrior Profession and Thief Profession Rifle, in fact the whole design behind Rifle weapon is badly designed.

> >

> > I agree, Warrior Profession are not Ranger Profession... so as Thief Profession are not Ranger Profession.

> >

> > -Long range weapons should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession, 1200 range should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession-

> >

> > -**This is what happens when when you want everyone to share same identity as somebody else, to be like everyone else, their builds, their mechanics, their designs-stealth, teleport, pulls, vulnerabilities, evades, (same Profession runes, Profession sigils, same for everyone),-+1 shotting bad design to everyone...**- It becomes a clown show, clown fiesta-

> >

> > Everyone is everybody

> >

> > Everyone wearing the same mask

> >

> > **Everyone is a clown**

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I disagree i think ranged sniper assasin fits thief perfectly. They are already assasins, so it makes sense for them to go stealthy and shoot people down from ranged.

>

> They bows so why not a rifle?

No, crossbows fits Thief Profession perfectly

-removed picture-

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > Anet biggest mistake was giving Warrior Profession and Thief Profession Rifle, in fact the whole design behind Rifle weapon is badly designed.

> > >

> > > I agree, Warrior Profession are not Ranger Profession... so as Thief Profession are not Ranger Profession.

> > >

> > > -Long range weapons should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession, 1200 range should be restricted only to the Ranger Profession-

> > >

> > > -**This is what happens when when you want everyone to share same identity as somebody else, to be like everyone else, their builds, their mechanics, their designs-stealth, teleport, pulls, vulnerabilities, evades, (same Profession runes, Profession sigils, same for everyone),-+1 shotting bad design to everyone...**- It becomes a clown show, clown fiesta-

> > >

> > > Everyone is everybody

> > >

> > > Everyone wearing the same mask

> > >

> > > **Everyone is a clown**

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I disagree i think ranged sniper assasin fits thief perfectly. They are already assasins, so it makes sense for them to go stealthy and shoot people down from ranged.

> >

> > They bows so why not a rifle?

>

> No, crossbows fits Thief Profession perfectly

>

> -removed picture-

Well, why not rifles though? I mean sniping with a crossbow is less efficient than a longbow or rifle. I personally think warrs or rangers don't fit the sniper assassin type thing, as well as thief, does.