New Mounts Skins Incl Skyscale Festive Skin

Randulf.7614

For those who may not see it if they don't login or check media updates

There are 3 new skyscale ones (one festive), 2 new warclaw skins (no festive, but an iceforged one at least), 2 new rollerbeetle (no festive but a branded one)

There is also a a nice crested raptor one I'm tempted by (ie something cool and not flashing in OTT particle effects!!) and a rock based Skimmer one which is also tempting

> @"dascott.6078" said:

> Anyone else think that one of the new skyscales looks a little like Toothless? You could make a great cosplay of Hiccup and Toothless with a little effort.

Does it really? And here I thought I was being uncreative enough by simply painting my skyscale black like Toothless. Am I going to have to take it even further now and just straight ride Toothless because I have no shame or self-control sometimes?

I have a big problem with how Anet splits up mount skins from previously purchased packs. It's driving me insane because I have to spend a ton of money just to complete the entire sets. The ones I'm mainly concerned about are the Branded mount skins, and the Wintersday skins which I JUST purchased the pack for the original 5 mounts. Then they release the Skyscale Wintersday skin AND the Roller Beetle branded skin. I'm beyond angry, and I wish Anet would STOP monetizing the skins like this, because it makes it nearly impossible to get the entire set without breaking your wallet. The Skyscale and Warclaw skin packs are both 2,000 gems and they each have the Branded skin. I'm Canadian, so doing the math those packs are almost 50$ for me, EACH. Why can't you make each skin available for individual purchase so I can get the ones I want without having to take a chance on the mount license scrolls or being forced to purchase highly expensive packs just for ONE skin? Please PLEASE for the love of God Anet change this! I regularly buy skins, but this is making me not want to anymore.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I hope they stay on the gem store for a while, I won't be able to see or buy them until after Christmas. But it sounds like a really good set for me. I'm especially happy about the branded beetle which finally completes the set. =)

I imagine until ep2 appears at least. I haven't bought any yet. I'm waiting for Jan sales on other RL stuff before I decide whether to fork out £20+ on skins I'll use sporadically

> @"Caitybee.3614" said:

> I have a big problem with how Anet splits up mount skins from previously purchased packs. It's driving me insane because I have to spend a ton of money just to complete the entire sets. The ones I'm mainly concerned about are the Branded mount skins, and the Wintersday skins which I JUST purchased the pack for the original 5 mounts. Then they release the Skyscale Wintersday skin AND the Roller Beetle branded skin. I'm beyond angry, and I wish Anet would STOP monetizing the skins like this, because it makes it nearly impossible to get the entire set without breaking your wallet. The Skyscale and Warclaw skin packs are both 2,000 gems and they each have the Branded skin. I'm Canadian, so doing the math those packs are almost 50$ for me, EACH. Why can't you make each skin available for individual purchase so I can get the ones I want without having to take a chance on the mount license scrolls or being forced to purchase highly expensive packs just for ONE skin? Please PLEASE for the love of God Anet change this! I regularly buy skins, but this is making me not want to anymore.

It must be because they make the most money doing this random crap. To make them stop, you must stop buying skins you don't want. Money talks.

Err nevermind, seeing the "mistborn mount select license" on the tp now. Earlier today I'd seen only the random "mistborn mount adoption license" and was like, really? Back to this? Random only? Get ready for a firmly worded letter anet. But yeah, no, the select license is up for 1200 gems. A bit high for me honestly, may wait for the 700 gem sale price in a few months. Maybe not, will think on it.

Um but a modest THANK YOU ANET for making the primeval raptor, branded roller beetle and exalted bunny. One step closer to completing those sets, happy about that. And still enjoying the licence preview, thanks again for that.

I was put-off buying the mistborn licenses because of the christmas skyscale skin (i don't like any of those) but in the end i bought 2x5 adopt licenses with RL money and spent 373g on the last 5 and don't regret it. Primeval raptor, toothless dragon, branded beetle are all win; even the skimmer is cool with some nice dyes :) I have a hunch that anet are reluctant to make themed packs containing all the mounts in case they bomb- also, they couldn't sell their filler skins for the prices they do if they were standalone. So they hedge their bets and mix everything up, just to 'make' us pay for what we want.

> @"Caitybee.3614" said:

> I have a big problem with how Anet splits up mount skins from previously purchased packs. It's driving me insane because I have to spend a ton of money just to complete the entire sets. The ones I'm mainly concerned about are the Branded mount skins, and the Wintersday skins which I JUST purchased the pack for the original 5 mounts. Then they release the Skyscale Wintersday skin AND the Roller Beetle branded skin. I'm beyond angry, and I wish Anet would STOP monetizing the skins like this, because it makes it nearly impossible to get the entire set without breaking your wallet. The Skyscale and Warclaw skin packs are both 2,000 gems and they each have the Branded skin. I'm Canadian, so doing the math those packs are almost 50$ for me, EACH. Why can't you make each skin available for individual purchase so I can get the ones I want without having to take a chance on the mount license scrolls or being forced to purchase highly expensive packs just for ONE skin? Please PLEASE for the love of God Anet change this! I regularly buy skins, but this is making me not want to anymore.

They are available for individual purchase. They have been after the first adoption license set they released. You just have to pay more to get a specific skin you want, but you can get just the Wintersday Skyscale and Branded Roller Beetle if you want to, without depending on RNG.

> @"Caitybee.3614" said:

Packs for 5 skins cost 2k gems, if they included other mounts to them the price would increase and sales would directly decrease.

> @"Brycar.2651" said:

> I’m on holiday and won’t get to log in for awhile. Would someone please post more photos of each new mount?

The Wiki has pictures of all the mounts: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistborn_Mount_Select_License

Its not as good as seeing them in-game but it's enough to make a start on thinking about whether you want any of them.

There might be videos on YouTube too, but with so many people away or busy this time of year it might take a while for those to appear.

It's nice they did branded roller beetle and available for 1200 gems to complete the set. Can only expect to see beetle/skyscale exo-suit and wintersday. (Don't remember if we have cozy beetle) I like the sets of elemental mounts like lithosol and that rocky skimmer. And of course, the toothless™ skyscale skin is cute.

But we still don't have skimmer skin that is really different from the original one. Dunno, why not a scorpion like thingy, a flying scarab... the only thing is humming bird if I remember well.

I think they should make any new skins that match previous packs like festive or branded packs as standalone skins with appropriately lower prices. That way people don't have to gamble or spend an insane amount on select licenses just to have a matching skin when they probably bought the pack because of the matching skins.

Or at the least have them be part of a pack that is just skins that match older packs. No gambling.

• 5 weeks later...