No one really wants balance

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> But at the same time, I agree with the sentiment that people should at least play around with the classes they want nerfed before coming to the forums, to see whether or not that flashy gameplay that just stomped you was someone being carried by their class

[logs onto soul beast and fights you]

:'D

All I want is challenging fights where the results are based off who made the most right moves, even if that means I lose. It can actually be fun to lose too, if the fight was fun. The problem I see though is that there are too many fights that don't last long enough to be fun or are so one sided you can barely call it a fight. A game that is over in a couple of moves is hardly a game. Heck, even tic-tac-toe has more moves and strategy than a lot of the fights I have. You have overloaded skills hard-turning fights (like you could be winning but then you just lose to one skill they get off), tons of 1-shot builds, low risk/high reward builds, a general "too much of everything". I don't want perfect balance but when the balance gets majorly out of whack or TOO balanced it starts to effect the fun of the game.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > But at the same time, I agree with the sentiment that people should at least play around with the classes they want nerfed before coming to the forums, to see whether or not that flashy gameplay that just stomped you was someone being carried by their class

> [logs onto soul beast and fights you]

> :'D

Nerf Soulbeast

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > But at the same time, I agree with the sentiment that people should at least play around with the classes they want nerfed before coming to the forums, to see whether or not that flashy gameplay that just stomped you was someone being carried by their class

> > [logs onto soul beast and fights you]

> > :'D

>

> Nerf Soulbeast

>

>

Have you fought a core necro though? I had one the other day hit for like **2K** with their shroud auto from forever away, so broken. Necro throwing out these chad autos compared to soulbeasts virgin rapid fire.

Some people want their main buffed and all counters nerfed that's true.

I'd like to have a game where the ability of the player counts more than the skill/trait or utilities of a class, that would lead to a balanced game. But this game has too many mechanics that do not promote that at all.

An ideal balance would a game where there's no difference beetween classes and everybody has the same tools, so the only difference to win or lose would be the actual ability of the player(not reachable in gw2).

So we're stuck with the only option which is rock,paper scissor game, but even in this scenario a highly skilled player should beat his counter if the enemy playing it is less skilled.

This does not happen, because in some cases the counter is overpowering so much the other class that the countered player ability is irrelevant.

Here's some theory that will never happen in gw2:

If you want to see a more balanced game: boons should not exist, and boon corruption too, invulnerability should never have been introduced in the game, so you are left with blocks, barrier and evades. Evades should be limited, since it's basically a short burst of invuln, unless you suddenly decide you want a counter to evades too(an I'm talking about evade on skill not the dodges)(which imo should exist). No class should be able to heal while evading or blocking so heal interruption is always possible. Daze and stuns should be single abilities not spammable with moderatly high cooldowns. Separation of action per skill is the way for balance, if a skill does big dmg it should not stuns nor have an evade or a block attached to it.

Single purpose skills is how to make a player learn how to chain their skills and promote their actual ability to play. There's so much more to say, but would become a wall of text.

Pvp games are balanced when those who create them set in the first place rules to ensure everybody stays in check, which means designing a rock, paper scissor game where the skill of player counts more than the actual ability of classes.

Some what true

I just want anet to not make slip ups like hard balancing one or 2 professions and leaving the other 7 to dominate.

It would also help if they stop holding some professions to launch aspects when in reality its 2020 and that not all concepts from 2012 need to be applied in 2020 adjustments even more so when the rest of the game does not hold to the same standards and has moved forward over time.

But also people get hard nerfed and proclaim classes or skills are dead when realistically most of them are just balanced and no longer busted.

There are very few dead things in this game most of the things people say are dead are just balanced and balanced things dont compete with omega boosted meta things atm.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > But at the same time, I agree with the sentiment that people should at least play around with the classes they want nerfed before coming to the forums, to see whether or not that flashy gameplay that just stomped you was someone being carried by their class

> > > [logs onto soul beast and fights you]

> > > :'D

> >

> > Nerf Soulbeast

> >

> >

>

> Have you fought a core necro though? I had one the other day hit for like **2K** with their shroud auto from forever away, so broken. Necro throwing out these chad autos compared to soulbeasts virgin rapid fire.

>

lmfao chad autos

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> Have you fought a core necro though? I had one the other day hit for like **2K** with their shroud auto from forever away, so broken. Necro throwing out these chad autos compared to soulbeasts virgin rapid fire.

>

I have, on a zerker thief. That MU is still stacked in my favor because I get out of any fear chain for practically free, I take smoke field, and the moment they go into shroud I have at least two methods of vanishing and one reflect occasionally for stifling it, apart from the smoke field that destroys projectiles.

Then the moment they're out of shroud I have 10 seconds to whale on them and only need to expect:

* Theyll put spectral ring around me, which I will port out of if they are anywhere outside it

* Theyll use spectral armor, in which case good luck not dying before shroud comes back up

* Theyll use spectral walk, in which case I will snap to them with sword 2 when they port back

Basically Necro/Reaper is this:

wait-

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> **2K**

EDIT: Oh kitten you were kidding

It's not so much that people don't want balance, it's that the vast majority of players don't have a great understanding of the game as a whole, and their ideas have no solid philosophy or grounding behind them. There's no underlying design to most suggestions that are larger than just number changes.

Same as every other (competitive) video game.

> @"lightstalker.1498" said:

> Deep down. It is not really even deep down. Everyone is on here trying to get nerfs for their counters and buffs for their beloved. Classes are generally balance

Reading the title and these few lines was enough to stop reading further. You're just making pointless assumptions and implying that you know what everyone wants.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > @"lightstalker.1498" said:

> > Deep down. It is not really even deep down. Everyone is on here trying to get nerfs for their counters and buffs for their beloved. Classes are generally balance

> Reading the title and these few lines was enough to stop reading further. You're just making pointless assumptions and implying that you know what everyone wants. Pretty useless wall of text.

>

Careful. I contributed to a thread with that kind of sentiment and almost got banned for it. Don't anger the fascist regime.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > > @"lightstalker.1498" said:

> > > Deep down. It is not really even deep down. Everyone is on here trying to get nerfs for their counters and buffs for their beloved. Classes are generally balance

> > Reading the title and these few lines was enough to stop reading further. You're just making pointless assumptions and implying that you know what everyone wants. Pretty useless wall of text.

> >

>

> Careful. I contributed to a thread with that kind of sentiment and almost got banned for it. Don't anger the fascist regime.

I get your point. It's just that talking on behalf of "everyone" shouldn't be permitted on the forums to begin with. Players should talk about their opinions and possibly their friends'. There's no way anyone knows what everyone is doing. Even polls are false indicators as a vast majority of the playerbase doesn't even bother to look at the forums.

If players are calling for nerfs then that's what they'd like to see. It's ok if others disagree. Let's just leave it there.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > > > @"lightstalker.1498" said:

> > > > Deep down. It is not really even deep down. Everyone is on here trying to get nerfs for their counters and buffs for their beloved. Classes are generally balance

> > > Reading the title and these few lines was enough to stop reading further. You're just making pointless assumptions and implying that you know what everyone wants. Pretty useless wall of text.

> > >

> >

> > Careful. I contributed to a thread with that kind of sentiment and almost got banned for it. Don't anger the fascist regime.

>

> I get your point. It's just that talking on behalf of "everyone" shouldn't be permitted on the forums to begin with. Players should talk about their opinions and possibly their friends'. There's no way anyone knows what everyone is doing. Even polls are false indicators as a vast majority of the playerbase doesn't even bother to look at the forums.

>

> If players are calling for nerfs then that's what they'd like to see. It's ok if others disagree. Let's just leave it there.

Yeah, but deep down, I know you read every single word. :)