I played DeathTerror Core Necro and this is what I got

Dirame.8521

The cute thing about Core Necro is that people think "HAHA IT'S A F2P WHO DOESN'T HAVE CANCER SPEC OR MELEE SPEC HAHA FREE KILL!" and totally forget that Core Necro has the combined strength of Scourge Cancer and Shroud durability.

In the last two videos, they jumped on yu expecting to take yu easily just like they would a Scourge, but unlike a Scourge, Core Necro can fall back on Shroud to protect their health at the most crucial moments, and unlike Reaper, doesn't need to be close to be able to suppress with skills.

That being said, I still feel Core Necro could stand to gain some buffs, because they are extremely vulnerable if they are caught with their utilities down, way more so than Reaper or Scourge.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> The cute thing about Core Necro is that people think "HAHA IT'S A F2P WHO DOESN'T HAVE CANCER SPEC OR MELEE SPEC HAHA FREE KILL!" and totally forget that Core Necro has the combined strength of Scourge Cancer and Shroud durability.

>

> In the last two videos, they jumped on yu expecting to take yu easily just like they would a Scourge, but unlike a Scourge, Core Necro can fall back on Shroud to protect their health at the most crucial moments, and unlike Reaper, doesn't need to be close to be able to suppress with skills.

>

> That being said, I still feel Core Necro could stand to gain some buffs because they are extremely vulnerable if they are caught with their utilities down, way more so than Reaper or Scourge.

Core necro and scourge still do need improvements, admittedly scourges ability to corrupt conditions get barrier does give advantage with its AOES.

People trying to kite core necro is something I notice too. Must be some muscle memory thing after fighting reaper for many years. Against a core necro this is the wrong thing to do. At range he has all time in the world to cast his stuff and he can break LOS if needed. Pressure him hard with cc and burst combos at melee range to succeed. And no: against melee pressure core should not get any further buffs.

People trying to kite core necro is also partly because they didn't pay attention to patch notes and that not enough people play core necro for them to know they're missing something.

dShroud's AA used to have tremendous damage falloff based on range, so kiting out shroud was generally better. Now you just make it safer for the necro is all.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> The cute thing about Core Necro is that people think "HAHA IT'S A F2P WHO DOESN'T HAVE CANCER SPEC OR MELEE SPEC HAHA FREE KILL!" and totally forget that Core Necro has the combined strength of Scourge Cancer and Shroud durability.

>

> In the last two videos, they jumped on yu expecting to take yu easily just like they would a Scourge, but unlike a Scourge, Core Necro can fall back on Shroud to protect their health at the most crucial moments, and unlike Reaper, doesn't need to be close to be able to suppress with skills.

>

> That being said, I still feel Core Necro could stand to gain some buffs, because they are extremely vulnerable if they are caught with their utilities down, way more so than Reaper or Scourge.

Can you please write you? Not "yu"? Ive seen you do this in another thread and it actually angers me.

As warrior im having an easier time fighting reaper than core necro, the additional range pressure of core is rly threatening. Honestly if i see one in wvw i assume its a noob (and most of the time they are) but in pvp im carefull when i see one.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

>

>

> That being said, I still feel Core Necro could stand to gain some buffs, because they are extremely vulnerable if they are caught with their utilities down, way more so than Reaper or Scourge.

Core necro has been my main for a long time for climbing back to plat. The number of people who went "HAHA CORE NECRO PLZ UNINSTALL" then proceeded to get stomped by instant 16 boon corrupt, 50k effective HP pool on top of 25 vulner and threatening dmg is astounding. The core power corrupt necro is even more powerful against holo / fb cancer. You can literally just stand and eat all their CC then turn all their boons against themselves every second for the next 3 minutes.

> @"DavyMcB.1603" said:

> > @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > The cute thing about Core Necro is that people think "HAHA IT'S A F2P WHO DOESN'T HAVE CANCER SPEC OR MELEE SPEC HAHA FREE KILL!" and totally forget that Core Necro has the combined strength of Scourge Cancer and Shroud durability.

> >

> > In the last two videos, they jumped on yu expecting to take yu easily just like they would a Scourge, but unlike a Scourge, Core Necro can fall back on Shroud to protect their health at the most crucial moments, and unlike Reaper, doesn't need to be close to be able to suppress with skills.

> >

> > That being said, I still feel Core Necro could stand to gain some buffs, because they are extremely vulnerable if they are caught with their utilities down, way more so than Reaper or Scourge.

>

> Core necro has been my main for a long time for climbing back to plat. The number of people who went "HAHA CORE NECRO PLZ UNINSTALL" then proceeded to get stomped by instant 16 boon corrupt, 50k effective HP pool on top of 25 vulner and threatening dmg is astounding. The core power corrupt necro is even more powerful against holo / fb cancer. You can literally just stand and eat all their CC then turn all their boons against themselves every second for the next 3 minutes.

50 thousand hit points? instant 16 boon corrupt? Sorry not seeing how u get 50 thousand hit points, unless u are counting shroud, and never counted how many boon corrupts u can get. On a side note anyone playing condi check out the thorn runes. Plus 300 condi damage seems to be quite a boost, no other rune set comes close save for undead but still lacks

> @"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:

> > @"DavyMcB.1603" said:

> > > @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > > The cute thing about Core Necro is that people think "HAHA IT'S A F2P WHO DOESN'T HAVE CANCER SPEC OR MELEE SPEC HAHA FREE KILL!" and totally forget that Core Necro has the combined strength of Scourge Cancer and Shroud durability.

> > >

> > > In the last two videos, they jumped on yu expecting to take yu easily just like they would a Scourge, but unlike a Scourge, Core Necro can fall back on Shroud to protect their health at the most crucial moments, and unlike Reaper, doesn't need to be close to be able to suppress with skills.

> > >

> > > That being said, I still feel Core Necro could stand to gain some buffs, because they are extremely vulnerable if they are caught with their utilities down, way more so than Reaper or Scourge.

> >

> > Core necro has been my main for a long time for climbing back to plat. The number of people who went "HAHA CORE NECRO PLZ UNINSTALL" then proceeded to get stomped by instant 16 boon corrupt, 50k effective HP pool on top of 25 vulner and threatening dmg is astounding. The core power corrupt necro is even more powerful against holo / fb cancer. You can literally just stand and eat all their CC then turn all their boons against themselves every second for the next 3 minutes.

>

> 50 thousand hit points? instant 16 boon corrupt? Sorry not seeing how u get 50 thousand hit points, unless u are counting shroud, and never counted how many boon corrupts u can get. On a side note anyone playing condi check out the thorn runes. Plus 300 condi damage seems to be quite a boost, no other rune set comes close save for undead but still lacks

>

Stating the obvious here. of course it counts shroud, which, by the way, is even more powerful than normal HP because it has innate damage reduction. Also, power corrupt core necro is a thing. Your surprise is a already a testimonial to the "OMEGALULZ CORE NECRO" players that I stomped in plat. Here's some basic education on the number of boon corrupts a core necro can dish: focus 3, spinal shiver 3, axe 2, shround tap 2, sorund#2 2, corrupt boon 3x2=6.. should I go on?

> @"DavyMcB.1603" said:

> Stating the obvious here. of course it counts shroud, which, by the way, is even more powerful than normal HP because it has innate damage reduction. Also, power corrupt core necro is a thing. Your surprise is a already a testimonial to the "OMEGALULZ CORE NECRO" players that I stomped in plat. Here's some basic education on the number of boon corrupts a core necro can dish: focus 3, spinal shiver 3, axe 2, shround tap 2, sorund#2 2, corrupt boon 3x2=6.. should I go on?

That's not 16 boon "instant" corrupt, it's alot of corrupts with high frequency.

He may have misunderstood is all.

But yea, people do look at Core Necro often and flex on their simplicity, totally disregarding the Profession's innate power of boon corruption.

Yu can't take a Scourge approach to them either, because they are way tankier than Scourges and don't use their Lifeforce as "Ammo" but as Health.

However, like Scourges they are put down extremely easily by Ranged Power pressure, from a Ranger or a Deadeye for example.

Good players can also harass them hard in melee and certainly requires a measure of skill to be able to kite these players properly.

> @"DavyMcB.1603" said:

> Stating the obvious here. of course it counts shroud, which, by the way, is even more powerful than normal HP because it has innate damage reduction. Also, power corrupt core necro is a thing. Your surprise is a already a testimonial to the "OMEGALULZ CORE NECRO" players that I stomped in plat. Here's some basic education on the number of boon corrupts a core necro can dish: focus 3, spinal shiver 3, axe 2, shround tap 2, sorund#2 2, corrupt boon 3x2=6.. should I go on?

focus 3 - boon rip not corrupt and slow cast time.

spinal shivers - same without cast time though so that's good

axe 2 -not only is cast time slow it has a huge tell (necro making big gesture before doing it)

shroud enter - so far the only actuall instant boon corrupt here

shroud's dark path - pretty sure that corrupts once it lands, so after a veeeery long time

corrupt boon - has it's cast time though not as vicious as most other skills here. Still has a very distinct gesture and I find enemies dodging it surprisingly often.