Condition Damage has never been Meta in SPvP

Genesis.5169

Seven years of guild wars 2 and its never been the meta damage type we are in and always have been in a power meta. There were 3 viable condition classes. Rogue, Mesmer. Necro, in within those classes they had 1 meta condition spec.

This is just a PSA ima dispel this notion of condition is OP and bring it back.

If you wanna say it is or was tell me when and if your account not old enough to have seen it ima call BS.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> Condition damage has been meta after release of HoT. I still remember the days of the old forum when people constantly complained about too much condi. Conditions were meta back then.

>

> In my opinion conditions should never be meta. They should never be a focus of design either. Conditions were designed as bonus for team coordination with voice chat. Before HoT a player would call a field (like "fire field") and players would blast it for team might. This gave conditions and boons a role of bonus for team playing. When HoT came, it created the condi spamfest meta, everybody wanting and complaining about conditions at the same time, because only few professions could remove those properly. It created a whole new mechanic, and dangerous tactics: vitality + condi damage = chilling while enemy dies (as there was no condi cleanse).

>

> Meta condi is bad, especially for a game modified for SoloQ only, because players voted this in 2016.

This is a straight up lie power was still meta 6/8 classes ran power ignore this guy. And in Hot Launch all the mesmers were chrono power.

Don't post here again man spreading misinformation.

Condi Mirage and Necro has been been for a very long time in gw2. If you are expecting other spec to be "condi" base and somehow be meta then no and it's for good purposes. Condi thief was meta for about 3-6 months till it was nerf properly and it's because it was the dumbest possible spec you can play that offer 0 risk and high reward for just spamming evade on people.

Not sure how many more spec of condi you need to be "meta" but 3 is more then enough for conquest especially with how things are at the moment.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> Condi Mirage and Necro has been been for a very long time in gw2. If you are expecting other spec to be "condi" base and somehow be meta then no and it's for good purposes. Condi was meta for about 3-6 months till it was nerf properly and it's because it was the dumbest possible spec you can play that offer 0 risk and high reward for just spamming evade on people.

>

> Not sure how many more spec of condi you need to be "meta" but 3 is more then enough for conquest especially with how things are at the moment.

Condition wasn't meta for 3-6 months Scourge was and that was nerfed i assume your talking shortly after the PoF launch?

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > Condition damage has been meta after release of HoT. I still remember the days of the old forum when people constantly complained about too much condi. Conditions were meta back then.

> >

> > In my opinion conditions should never be meta. They should never be a focus of design either. Conditions were designed as bonus for team coordination with voice chat. Before HoT a player would call a field (like "fire field") and players would blast it for team might. This gave conditions and boons a role of bonus for team playing. When HoT came, it created the condi spamfest meta, everybody wanting and complaining about conditions at the same time, because only few professions could remove those properly. It created a whole new mechanic, and dangerous tactics: vitality + condi damage = chilling while enemy dies (as there was no condi cleanse).

> >

> > Meta condi is bad, especially for a game modified for SoloQ only, because players voted this in 2016.

>

> This is a straight up lie power was still meta 5/8 classes ran power ignore this guy. And in Hot Launch all the mesmers were chrono power.

> Don't post here again man spreading misinformation.

Please ignore me. Thank you for ignoring me. I take my answer back, sorry for bothering to answer on your precious thread.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > > Condition damage has been meta after release of HoT. I still remember the days of the old forum when people constantly complained about too much condi. Conditions were meta back then.

> > >

> > > In my opinion conditions should never be meta. They should never be a focus of design either. Conditions were designed as bonus for team coordination with voice chat. Before HoT a player would call a field (like "fire field") and players would blast it for team might. This gave conditions and boons a role of bonus for team playing. When HoT came, it created the condi spamfest meta, everybody wanting and complaining about conditions at the same time, because only few professions could remove those properly. It created a whole new mechanic, and dangerous tactics: vitality + condi damage = chilling while enemy dies (as there was no condi cleanse).

> > >

> > > Meta condi is bad, especially for a game modified for SoloQ only, because players voted this in 2016.

> >

> > This is a straight up lie power was still meta 5/8 classes ran power ignore this guy. And in Hot Launch all the mesmers were chrono power.

> > Don't post here again man spreading misinformation.

>

> Please ignore me. Thank you for ignoring me. I take my answer back, sorry for bothering to answer on your precious thread.

Thanks i hope you follow through and stop posting here.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > > > Condition damage has been meta after release of HoT. I still remember the days of the old forum when people constantly complained about too much condi. Conditions were meta back then.

> > > >

> > > > In my opinion conditions should never be meta. They should never be a focus of design either. Conditions were designed as bonus for team coordination with voice chat. Before HoT a player would call a field (like "fire field") and players would blast it for team might. This gave conditions and boons a role of bonus for team playing. When HoT came, it created the condi spamfest meta, everybody wanting and complaining about conditions at the same time, because only few professions could remove those properly. It created a whole new mechanic, and dangerous tactics: vitality + condi damage = chilling while enemy dies (as there was no condi cleanse).

> > > >

> > > > Meta condi is bad, especially for a game modified for SoloQ only, because players voted this in 2016.

> > >

> > > This is a straight up lie power was still meta 5/8 classes ran power ignore this guy. And in Hot Launch all the mesmers were chrono power.

> > > Don't post here again man spreading misinformation.

> >

> > Please ignore me. Thank you for ignoring me. I take my answer back, sorry for bothering to answer on your precious thread.

>

> Thanks i hope you follow through and stop posting here.

I shall stop posting here. Sadly, there is no ignore feature on forums, to make sure I will never ever post on your topics. So I apologize in advance if it will happen to bother your grace.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > Condi Mirage and Necro has been been for a very long time in gw2. If you are expecting other spec to be "condi" base and somehow be meta then no and it's for good purposes. Condi was meta for about 3-6 months till it was nerf properly and it's because it was the dumbest possible spec you can play that offer 0 risk and high reward for just spamming evade on people.

> >

> > Not sure how many more spec of condi you need to be "meta" but 3 is more then enough for conquest especially with how things are at the moment.

>

> Condition wasn't meta for 3-6 months Scourge was and that was nerfed i assume your talking shortly after the PoF launch?

No, Condi Mirage and necro has been meta for over a year regardless of the amount of nerf it was getting. Highly suggestion you go look into some of the Monthly tournament from both eu and Na you'll see Condi Mirage all the way from semi to finals and even at time we'll see double condi mirage as a comp.

I know for a fact during Tournament of Legends(T.O.L Last year in January) Condi mirage was being abused by a lot of teams and I know for a fact double condi mirage won the T.O.L in NA.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > > > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > > > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > > > > Condition damage has been meta after release of HoT. I still remember the days of the old forum when people constantly complained about too much condi. Conditions were meta back then.

> > > > >

> > > > > In my opinion conditions should never be meta. They should never be a focus of design either. Conditions were designed as bonus for team coordination with voice chat. Before HoT a player would call a field (like "fire field") and players would blast it for team might. This gave conditions and boons a role of bonus for team playing. When HoT came, it created the condi spamfest meta, everybody wanting and complaining about conditions at the same time, because only few professions could remove those properly. It created a whole new mechanic, and dangerous tactics: vitality + condi damage = chilling while enemy dies (as there was no condi cleanse).

> > > > >

> > > > > Meta condi is bad, especially for a game modified for SoloQ only, because players voted this in 2016.

> > > >

> > > > This is a straight up lie power was still meta 5/8 classes ran power ignore this guy. And in Hot Launch all the mesmers were chrono power.

> > > > Don't post here again man spreading misinformation.

> > >

> > > Please ignore me. Thank you for ignoring me. I take my answer back, sorry for bothering to answer on your precious thread.

> >

> > Thanks i hope you follow through and stop posting here.

>

> I shall stop posting here. Sadly, there is no ignore feature on forums, to make sure I will never ever post on your topics. So I apologize in advance if it will happen to bother your grace.

I appreciate that if your not gonna give truthful answers your oldest post is july of 2018 as what i can see i have no idea how you would know anyways.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > Condizerker would like a word

>

> Was that better for power for warriors tho? Were talking HoT in spvp right? Also im saying condition as a META damage type not having some what viable condition builds.

I remember there being a ton of condi berserkers after HoT to the point they had to be nerfed. Between mace/bow you would put out a stupid amount of condi damage.

Well, you're right, conditions were never meta in that every class ran it. But it still is an issue. The thing about conditions is it forces players to carry condition cleanse. That pidgeonholes builds into running certain specializations. Even then, the amount of condi clear pales compared to how many conditions are applied.

Classes can come loaded with condi cleanse. Just look at Guardian, Elementalist, Engineer. It's essentially built in their kit. And even then, if they're not careful they can still die. That just shows how conditions can be. Power is preferred because it is more effective against these builds. It's a magic work-on-all.

Condition is a bit more niche but extremely effective vs. builds without condi cleanse. That's my issue with it. It's simply unbalanced.

Also, we had:

Condi Weaver

Condi Zerker

Condi Rev Seasons 1 and 2, even now some people successfully play with it

Condi Sage Firebrand

Only Engi and Ranger never had solid condi builds. Engi did have some action before HoT but that time is long gone.

mmm what meta u exactly mean ? what top 30 players use.... or what was played a lot ....

coz from what i remember

mace/bow berserk was huge deal

i played in old times 3 kit condi engi (and saw lot more, but it was sometimes hard to play)

also condi ranger trappers

and if count celestial to atleast hybrid condi... than celestial ele was thing

But with condi it was all the same, it was called to OP mostly if condi burst was avaible .. and nerfed to ground.

Nerfing op power builds is way more slower.

> @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> Well, you're right, conditions were never meta in that every class ran it. But it still is an issue. The thing about conditions is it forces players to carry condition cleanse. That pidgeonholes builds into running certain specializations. Even then, the amount of condi clear pales compared to how many conditions are applied.

>

> Classes can come loaded with condi cleanse. Just look at Guardian, Elementalist, Engineer. It's essentially built in their kit. And even then, if they're not careful they can still die. That just shows how conditions can be. Power is preferred because it is more effective against these builds. It's a magic work-on-all.

>

> Condition is a bit more niche but extremely effective vs. builds without condi cleanse. That's my issue with it. It's simply unbalanced.

>

> Also, we had:

>

> Condi Weaver

> Condi Zerker

> Condi Rev Seasons 1 and 2, even now some people successfully play with it

> Condi Sage Firebrand

>

> Only Engi and Ranger never had solid condi builds. Engi did have some action before HoT but that time is long gone.

>

Good post let me counter point a few things When you said classes can still mess up even if you have a ton of condition cleanses i see absolutely nothing wrong with this this is an issue with skills and not tools.

Condi weaver was never good, Zerker i agree, Rev is very arguable cause revs were trash for most of PoF, got me on Sage FB as that was my off class that when i wasn't on mirage. Let me ask you a follow question if i may does this not still not apply to power damage with aegis and dodges? If i played power shatter and u messed up your aegis I could remove 80% of your hp bare in 1 second condition damage never gonna do that.

You agree condition was never meta do you agree condition in it state is fine there aren't any viable condition classes in the game and mirage isn't viable for damage its viable because its mesmer most your bar as a mesmer are usually core skills minus ambush and jaunt knowing that you still think condition damage deals too much damage?

Shoutbow, cele engi, cele Ele, pu mes and terrormancer were all great back in core.

Chrono, Condi rev, Condi zerker, Condi thief, chill reaper and to a lesser extent Condi druid all saw high tier play all through hot.

Condi thief, mirage, scourge, sagebrand, core necro and Weaver are still or has been oppressive throughout POF.

> @"intox.6347" said:

> mmm what meta u exactly mean ? what top 30 players use.... or what was played a lot ....

> coz from what i remember

> mace/bow berserk was huge deal

> i played in old times 3 kit condi engi (and saw lot more, but it was sometimes hard to play)

> also condi ranger trappers

> and if count celestial to atleast hybrid condi... than celestial ele was thing

>

> But with condi it was all the same, it was called to OP mostly if condi burst was avaible .. and nerfed to ground.

> Nerfing op power builds is way more slower.

I meant as a damage type in general power has always rule Spvp.

Celestial Ele was a thing i know it was hard to play and good but i wouldnt call that a condition build.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> Shoutbow, cele engi, cele Ele, pu mes and terrormancer were all great back in core.

> Chrono, Condi rev, Condi zerker, Condi thief, chill reaper and to a lesser extent Condi druid all saw high tier play all through hot.

> Condi thief, mirage, scourge, sagebrand, core necro and Weaver are still or has been oppressive throughout POF.

When they nerf rune of flame that gave stacking burning on block killed any form of condition Chrono that exist and that was done really quick iirc. Idk about rev i remember REV being absolutely trash for all of or most of PoF check the rev forums. Celestial builds are condition builds.

Condi thief, Condi Mirage, Scourge Sage Brand i can agree with you on that they were very solid condition builds in the past. But even so the vast majority of meta builds were power still but glad to see older pvp folks here.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > Shoutbow, cele engi, cele Ele, pu mes and terrormancer were all great back in core.

> > Chrono, Condi rev, Condi zerker, Condi thief, chill reaper and to a lesser extent Condi druid all saw high tier play all through hot.

> > Condi thief, mirage, scourge, sagebrand, core necro and Weaver are still or has been oppressive throughout POF.

>

> When they nerf rune of flame that gave stacking burning on block killed any form of condition Chrono that exist and that was done really quick iirc. Idk about rev i remember REV being absolutely trash for all of or most of PoF check the rev forums. Celestial builds are condition builds.

>

> Condi thief, Condi Mirage, Scourge Sage Brand i can agree with you on that they were very solid condition builds in the past. But even so the vast majority of meta builds were power still but glad to see older pvp folks here.

What builds are power that are meta?

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> Seven years of guild wars 2 and its never been the meta damage type we are in and always have been in a power meta. There were 3 viable condition classes. Rogue, Mesmer. Necro, in within those classes they had 1 meta condition spec.

>

> This is just a PSA ima dispel this notion of condition is OP and bring it back.

> If you wanna say it is or was tell me when and if your account not old enough to have seen it ima call BS.

there is no matter of how many classes run condis on one time meta, if the 2-3 clases are the prevalent ones in that moment that is a condition meta, remember that only 5 are represented ia a team and if "alwais" you get 2 or 3 of those clases per team

Yikes. How about just a plain old: You're wrong. Condi builds have been meta in every facet of the game for significant periods of time. (Yes there's not just one facet of the game)

You're on a tear lately with these garbo posts.

I know you're going to reply with something like; "Bla bla bla, you're wrong, name a thing, something something something I miss my plat condi mirage" but dawg come off it. It's not worth even reading your future bad reply to this message because I think everybody sees what you're doing.

As of recently ppl claimed condition thief, condition Mesmer and necro were meta and usually say they are op as well but I totally didn’t agree, just look at condition thief and Mesmer- one slightly rework trait which ended up in these specs still being decent and yet ppl don’t complain? I just don’t think condis as bad as ppl claim, it is usually self admittedly “ezier” but that mostly becuz they are all aoe spells while power builds are closer to skill shots, so ofc its ezier to land and keep up sustained damage that’s just how it works