Battle Scars need a buff for WvW/PvP

Yasai.3549

It's basically the old Focused Siphoning but it runs on stacks now.

I get it that sustain needed nerfing, but Focus Siphoning never really pushed into the ludicrous levels when it came to sustain, but now we are only granted it in stacks, and need to run a trait to make it heal more?

At least make it 100 Damage 100 Healing base so that it is worth picking with Dance of Death.

I don’t understand the point of the stacks. Anet never explained the stacks. 25 stacks deals/heals the same amount as 1 stack. It doesn’t make sense unless it is a bug and is intended to do more damage/heals per stack but they forgot to implement it. It’s current state is pitiful. The number you see in Battle Scarred is what’s being dealt regardless of stacks. 66/58 damage/heal haha good news is below half health Dance of Death does increase the healing to 116...

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> Forget power Shiro; Jalis or tanky permutations involving mixups of Mallyx, Jalis and Glint are way more important in teamfights now than a +1 which can't burst and is filled with weak weapons.

That's exactly what I'm doing now.

I actually tried an Invocation - Corruption.

Surprise surprise, free Resistance every legend swap with regen tied to it is better sustain than lifesteal. GDI.

Unless I am mistaken (very limited testing so far), we now need to take a GM trait to simply gain enough stacks of Battle Scarred just to have siphon function in an AoE setting, or for fast hitting skills, which the old siphoning did from the get go. This requires set up with Vulnerability stacking, and comes at the cost of an old GM trait that siphoned significantly when flanking.

The end result is you need to take 3 major traits to have 1/5th the net damage/heal we got before with a minor and one major.

This is just bad.

Wasn't the reliance on stacks of Battle Scarred supposed to make it so Siphon was a reasonable mechanic?

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> Wasn't the reliance on stacks of Battle Scarred supposed to make it so Siphon was a reasonable mechanic?

They should have made the Master Tier Trait which gives 1 Battle Scars per second in combat BASELINE MINOR.

**IF YU DON'T PICK IT, NO NATURAL BATTLE SCARS.**

I don't even know WHY this isn't a thing.

> @"phoenixwil.6071" said:

> I don’t understand the point of the stacks. Anet never explained the stacks. 25 stacks deals/heals the same amount as 1 stack. It doesn’t make sense unless it is a bug and is intended to do more damage/heals per stack but they forgot to implement it. It’s current state is pitiful. The number you see in Battle Scarred is what’s being dealt regardless of stacks. 66/58 damage/heal haha good news is below half health Dance of Death does increase the healing to 116...

I think it is a bug, what is the point of stacks if it doesn´t scale the healing?

Also Chaotic Release still has the 45 sec CD instead of 35 sec.

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> Nooo and I downloaded game right now :( so it is useless kitten? in PvP WvW?

Very useless.

Simply put, it's like they turned a Minor into a Trait choice, and spread it across 3 traits, one in Adept, one in Master, one in Grandmaster.

It's good in PvE though.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

>

> > Wasn't the reliance on stacks of Battle Scarred supposed to make it so Siphon was a reasonable mechanic?

>

> They should have made the Master Tier Trait which gives 1 Battle Scars per second in combat BASELINE MINOR.

>

> **IF YU DON'T PICK IT, NO NATURAL BATTLE SCARS.**

>

> I don't even know WHY this isn't a thing.

>

>

Use this to replace the 5 vuln on entering combat please.

> @"Ertrak.9506" said:

> > @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> >

> > > Wasn't the reliance on stacks of Battle Scarred supposed to make it so Siphon was a reasonable mechanic?

> >

> > They should have made the Master Tier Trait which gives 1 Battle Scars per second in combat BASELINE MINOR.

> >

> > **IF YU DON'T PICK IT, NO NATURAL BATTLE SCARS.**

> >

> > I don't even know WHY this isn't a thing.

> >

> >

>

> Use this to replace the 5 vuln on entering combat please.

Expose Defenses may contribute to an opening burst but the condition for refreshing it is pure doodoo.

I cry everytime.

What needs to happen, IMO, is that at certain thresholds of Battle Scars you spend additional procs per target. Example—

Above 5 Battle Scars: Spend 2 per target.

Above 10 Battle Scars: Spend 3 per target.

I would much prefer this to a straight buff to siphon damage/heal. It would really incentivize gaining Battle Scars, and make the GM trait a keystone skill for this type of build. Accruing significant stacks of Battle Scars with the GM trait would shape gameplay in a fun way.

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> What needs to happen, IMO, is that at certain thresholds of Battle Scars you spend additional procs per target. Example—

>

> Above 5 Battle Scars: Spend 2 per target.

> Above 10 Battle Scars: Spend 3 per target.

>

> I would much prefer this to a straight buff to siphon damage/heal. It would really incentivize gaining Battle Scars, and make the GM trait a keystone skill for this type of build. Accruing significant stacks of Battle Scars with the GM trait would shape gameplay in a fun way.

Wouldn't mind this at all.

Revenant is already a very "slow" class due to all the Energy restrictions, we can't expand individual stacks fast enough to mean anything.