How long do you think a 1v1 fight sould be?

Sansar.1302

An actual 1vs1 is a duel and therefore should take its time, like 3 to 5 minutes. A fun and engaging duel.

Now if one surprises the other, like when you´re just passing by and try to catch up with a zerg then it should take around 1 to 3 minutes though that can´t be controlled.

All in all, a few second long fights and situations where you get straight up killed in less than one shouldn´t be thing, ever.

A duel? For some of your abilities to come off cooldown at least sounds reasonable, otherwise there would be no point to cd-management or classes that are more heavily built around cd-management than others. That would imply a minimum of around 30 secs to be even remotely healthy.

Again, as in your last thread, I think alot of the rose-tinted stuff about the pre-existing burst meta comes from not understanding how divisive it was between different classes, builds and gear choices. Some people were popping their big cd's like candy without realizing that other people had no such buttons to push. A game quickly gets boring if it is just about a few classes, builds, abilities and stats to gear.

How healthy is a 5-10 second norm when someone has 8 seconds of invulnurability?

After the changes you can still burst another build that is built around burst. Set yourself up as bursty as possible and then find a mirror match and you will see that it is still absolutely possible to burst/counter-burst them for most- if not all of their HP.

The only difference now is that if someone chooses to go tanky, then they are that a bit more, without having to play heal Weaver, troll Mirage, symbol Brand or boon Beast. Even in the burst meta a fight between eg., two Weavers could take 5mins or forever but that simply came from different broken things cancelling each other out and was not something any class could achieve if they built for it.

Anyway, friend, I'll leave you to your continued trolling now B) .

Five minutes is too long, as participation will start to drop. But if all your skills didn't have enough time to come off cd at least once, the fight was too short . . .

EDIT: Impromptu 1v1s are never going to last that long though, someone will always come by to +1 . . .

> @"Caysadia.7405" said:

> A 1v1 should last anywhere between 40 to 500 years. The very act of battle should be akin to a generational warfare, a fued spanning centuries of descendents. The duel should end only when one side's entire family line is wiped from the pages of history.

Yea.. I think people who say 5-10 min 1 v 1 is about right, typically DONT roam or 1 v 1. I think they are people who dont want to do those things. That is why they want to drag it out. Yes I agree, it will just drive more people away from the game mode/game.

I think generally something like 30-60 secs would be good. The fight should be long enough to have tactical elements and leave room for surprises to turn the tables. Too long fights generally mean that sustain and recovery is bit too high, you are not able to go through the defenses. I have had enjoyable longer fights, but those have had certain circumstances in which neither side could have put another on her/his knees. I generally don't like too short fights, although I understand the enjoyment of performing certain sequences perfectly to win the fight fast.

> @"Zok.4956" said:

> > @"Sansar.1302" said:

> > I think 5 to 10 sec is perfect

>

> A good duel should take a little bit longer if you can handle your weapon well.

>

>

Actually as an ex-fencer it depends on your weapon. All weapons would have multiple rounds but in a round Sabers would be over in seconds, Foil would be less than a minute, Epee is more postering and could take longer since toe touches count.