Poll: Is WvW More Enjoyable After The Patch?

duillyn.2697

Let me put it this way, I was around Platinum in PvP League, I moved over to WvW to give it a shot, my main Classes are Spellbreaker, Soulbeast and Daredevil. I loved WvW because there was so much skill expression in the way you roamed and 1v1, yes I was a roamer. As opposed to PvP, where it was mostly teamwork and team composition. Now it feels like, since the changes, there are ZERO roamers, Necro/Firebrands running everywhere and Zergs everywhere. Oh, and don't forget, for the classes that have zero boonstrip, this meta just shits on us. So no, not enjoyable in the slightest, I promise you if you go into WvW, all you will see is Condi builds and zergs. I will wait until next patch, hopefully WvW is playable then.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @"dolly.2697" I hope you are well and thanks for the poll. I am not sure that the WvW is only one game. Zerg / small Guild group, highly optimized or not / Roamers / solo roamers / duellists. All of them have very different game play. The patch seems so wrong for me (solo roaming / small group, and the most important I do not want play condi) that I cannot play anymore to the game. But I suppose that patch can be great for other type of players. May be the Areanet devs play mainly zerg for example, and update the game to improve this kind of game play.

I vote no since now it's more a condifest than before.

I vote no since this "balance patch" miss to modify certain broken builds that still work without being touched.

And I vote no 'cos this game mode has more urgent problems to solve (lag, bandwagoning, lack of real purpose for playing WvW in long term -and NO, fights aren't a purpose, sorry-, etc).

This meta is just about who spams the most amount of condi's first there is no skill or strategy in this meta just a lot of horrible players that can win fights with their macros. Then whenever there is some decent balance they will quit playing because then they will cry about whatever class has the ability to kill them and to make it get nerfed. Welp along with this horrible meta and that SAB crap coming up a great time to retire from the game permanently. Not even the least bit interested in their living world stuff anymore because of this crap.

> @"Klypto.1703" said:

> This meta is just about who spams the most amount of condi's first there is no skill or strategy in this meta just a lot of horrible players that can win fights with their macros. Then whenever there is some decent balance they will quit playing because then they will cry about whatever class has the ability to kill them and to make it get nerfed. Welp along with this horrible meta and that SAB kitten coming up a great time to retire from the game permanently. Not even the least bit interested in their living world stuff anymore because of this kitten.

Im curious how many times are you going to threaten to take your ball and go home before you actually do?

I'm having a load of fun, laughing my butt off against those players that used to stomp me into the ground. Now that their searching for a new "meta-build" i'm having a blast turning the tables on them. I'm lasting a lot longer, or even winning in a lot of one on one. I am more able to survive in head to head zerg battles. Every once in a while you can hear my hysterical laughter in discord when i'm destroying a class or build that used to dominate.

> @"van smite.9308" said:

> > @"Klypto.1703" said:

> > This meta is just about who spams the most amount of condi's first there is no skill or strategy in this meta just a lot of horrible players that can win fights with their macros. Then whenever there is some decent balance they will quit playing because then they will cry about whatever class has the ability to kill them and to make it get nerfed. Welp along with this horrible meta and that SAB kitten coming up a great time to retire from the game permanently. Not even the least bit interested in their living world stuff anymore because of this kitten.

>

> Im curious how many times are you going to threaten to take your ball and go home before you actually do?

Well someone has to keep ressing you is why I keep recommending you get some armor to put on.

Main purpose of DH longbow was shooting cannons to pressure/deter the operator with chain attack, usually took 6-7 hits to make them consider healing/reflecting ect, now it's taking 20+ arrows and they are either staying at 100% health with passive heals, or barely hurt, so then you die to cannon because longbow has no pressure.

I can't really say yet.

I see enough population playing (both on my server link, which is EU AuroraGlade - and on the enemy side), but I don't see an increase in "quality" (on both sides), too. I assume there are currently still a lot of PvE focused players that try to get the new Warkitty skin, which are either horrible allies (fleeing from fights, if they get the chance) or being noticeably easier to defeat on a sub-par 1v1 situation build (which I consider to be my Tempest build, which kind of focuses on small group support for roaming with allies).

In 1v1 / roaming situations, I see a dominance of Condi builds again, that also have some bunker qualities. The obnoxious "red bubbles of condies" from Scourges seems to be back and I also encounter a lot of condi "thieves", with annoying stealth uptime and reset capabilities. Your experience may vary, though.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Junkpile.7439" said:

> > No. Brandead zerging got huge boost.

>

> +1, an outnumbered group has no chance of winning now due to lack of damage, rez abuse usually on the other side's favor, each player's Warclaw dismount doing more damage than most power skills, etc.

no, now outnumbered group (like 15-20 players against 30-40) is better with this patch than before, because now u have to synchronize ur burst or u will kill nobody, in huge group before the patch, stab on 10 players carried bad guardian, now if u have a bad guardian you can see it, before patch winds of disenchantment was so broken blob have just to rush with full bubbles and rollface now it's not possible anymore.

for me with u can less rollface than before(support is harder, dps same), it's a realy good patch

now for the wvw was realy good, just delete(or balance) broken tank stat like minstrel, trailblazer and full shit with too much stat and it will be very enjoyable.

In my opinion zergfights are far more enjoyable. No more random oneshot of single skills.

In case of roaming, I'm torn between better and worse, but I'm tending more towards the worse side.

Extremely bunker Condi builds as well as some almost oneshot builds running around.

Thief, the king of roaming, still the king, not nerfed much, keept a lot of dmg, mobility and stealth=sustain

While other classes lost a lot more.