Why all profession has been balanced and Necro is so unbalanced?

Wayne.6253

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Wayne.6253" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > I predict another nerf SIGH wish they would just delete necro and get it over with and have the devs say sorry but you aren't meant to play necro.

>

> another what??? necro and nerf can't stay in the same sentence. Sorry...

Pls mister Ele/Weaver or whatever you are, necros get hyper nerfed all the time.

Its about time we can survive without being farmed 24/7 by the 1hko mobility squad who are ok with being god mode but not with necros living for more than 2 seconds.

Its ok i guess that thief can evade infinitely while stealthing, its ok for rangers to disengage infinitely and be able to also combine that with the potential for 1HKO and have invulns but its not ok for necros to survive long enough to kill with their only method of survival, which btw only now is good enough to compete thanks to the nerf to dmg?

They are vulnerable to CC and some classes can still burst really hard.

I don't wish ill for weavers for instance, and i even defended druid spec for rangers and mesmers in some cases, let necro have benefit of the doubt pls with more time passed.

Big huge changes in nerfs have the potential to gut its survival and leave it in a worse place, because dmg mods also got nerfed.

Necro is a funny one. It's the simplest, easiest to play profession, yet one of the hardest to balance. All the other professions can play around with mobility and try to disengage/reset losing fights, necro can hardly do that. So necro has a huge healthpool and shroud to make up for the lack of mobility, and here comes the problem: if it has enough sustain, it's an unkillable tank, if it lacks sustain, literally anything can whittle its health down little by little, and it ends up losing to anything.

This is less of a problem in 5v5, where you can compensate with rotations, but in 2v2 all these differences which come from class design are amplified. Good luck to the balance team figuring this out!

Well of course other classes over performed and were hyper superior to necro mechanically.

Damage

Sustain

Mobility

Support

Escapes

All the above classes have superior in multiple facets vs necro such as guardians have superior sustain in form of buffs superior support and they can deal a lot of dmg. Revs have access to a lot of sustain tools immunity and can do quite a lot.

Also lich has 150 sec CD the cd is massive.

also even within the abilitiesh ave a cd thats noticeable grim specter has 30 sec cd summon madness 30 sec cd ripple horror 15 march undeath 12.

So all said abilities are also gated behind a cd on a elite slot that has a Massive CD. If you nerf lich it would be useless. It already has almost as long as fiery greatsword CD with a whopping 180 seconds, and people complain about the cd on that.

I would like to chip in to say that 2 vs 2 isn't real PvP main game mode.

PvP main game mode is 5 vs 5.

So balance should largely be centered around 5 vs 5.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> This is less of a problem in 5v5, where you can compensate with rotations, but in 2v2 all these differences which come from class design are amplified. Good luck to the balance team figuring this out!

Balance around 5 vs 5 and as it is less of a problem there, I say give Necros the benefit of doubt for now.

The same issue of which mode to balance around was brought up in WvW.

Do we balance around roaming or havoc or GvG or blobbing?

And the world judged that WvW should be balanced around blobbing as its main game mode.

And that judgment sent Necros to damnation when it comes to roaming as little mobility for Necros.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> Necro is a funny one. It's the simplest, easiest to play profession, yet one of the hardest to balance. All the other professions can play around with mobility and try to disengage/reset losing fights, necro can hardly do that. So necro has a huge healthpool and shroud to make up for the lack of mobility, and here comes the problem: if it has enough sustain, it's an unkillable tank, if it lacks sustain, literally anything can whittle its health down little by little, and it ends up losing to anything.

>

> This is less of a problem in 5v5, where you can compensate with rotations, but in 2v2 all these differences which come from class design are amplified. Good luck to the balance team figuring this out!

I remember in wow warlocks were complaining a bout a boring with lack of mobility and escapes and only being able to stand there and die if they get surrounded, reminded me of necro, except necros aren't neigh invincible, but they have few if any escapes and are very vulnerable to CC.

Once it got nerfed, warlocks became free kills, and they complained and asked for mobility back along with escapes. I have seen some necros here ask for mobility and ability to negate dmg, seems like it mirrors wow.

@Axl.8924 said:

Show footage pls.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EIMNGYU

thats from like 15 min ago

I wanted to see video footage pls showing how it plays so we can see it. also is there any way to actually magnify the image?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > Necro is a funny one. It's the simplest, easiest to play profession, yet one of the hardest to balance. All the other professions can play around with mobility and try to disengage/reset losing fights, necro can hardly do that. So necro has a huge healthpool and shroud to make up for the lack of mobility, and here comes the problem: if it has enough sustain, it's an unkillable tank, if it lacks sustain, literally anything can whittle its health down little by little, and it ends up losing to anything.

> >

> > This is less of a problem in 5v5, where you can compensate with rotations, but in 2v2 all these differences which come from class design are amplified. Good luck to the balance team figuring this out!

>

> I remember in wow warlocks were complaining a bout a boring with lack of mobility and escapes and only being able to stand there and die if they get surrounded, reminded me of necro, except necros aren't neigh invincible, but they have few if any escapes and are very vulnerable to CC.

>

> Once it got nerfed, warlocks became free kills, and they complained and asked for mobility back along with escapes. I have seen some necros here ask for mobility and ability to negate dmg, seems like it mirrors wow.

perma protection, and 2,5k+ toughness is a way of mitigating damage.

combined with -20% condi damage and -10% condi damage and pulsing well converting condis and spectra that removes them and shroud that pulse removes them too.

its too much raw HP, classes cant keep up with it in damage departement.

Tried hybrid mirage, Torch 4 + torch 5 + p5 + p4 + scepter 3 + 3clone ambush + 3clone shatter F1 + axe 2, all landed. and didnt even take necro out of shroud.

Necro is a bullet sponge now, and exept some full glass deadeye or berserker nothing moves their HP bar by much.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > Necro is a funny one. It's the simplest, easiest to play profession, yet one of the hardest to balance. All the other professions can play around with mobility and try to disengage/reset losing fights, necro can hardly do that. So necro has a huge healthpool and shroud to make up for the lack of mobility, and here comes the problem: if it has enough sustain, it's an unkillable tank, if it lacks sustain, literally anything can whittle its health down little by little, and it ends up losing to anything.

> >

> > This is less of a problem in 5v5, where you can compensate with rotations, but in 2v2 all these differences which come from class design are amplified. Good luck to the balance team figuring this out!

>

> I remember in wow warlocks were complaining a bout a boring with lack of mobility and escapes and only being able to stand there and die if they get surrounded, reminded me of necro, except necros aren't neigh invincible, but they have few if any escapes and are very vulnerable to CC.

>

> Once it got nerfed, warlocks became free kills, and they complained and asked for mobility back along with escapes. I have seen some necros here ask for mobility and ability to negate dmg, seems like it mirrors wow.

>

> @Axl.8924 said:

> Show footage pls.

> https://imgur.com/gallery/EIMNGYU

> thats from like 15 min ago

>

> I wanted to see video footage pls showing how it plays so we can see it. also is there any way to actually magnify the image?

Guild Wars 2's necromancer is heavily inspired by WoW's Warlock. In Vanilla WoW a max level mage might have 2,900 HP. A max level Warlock would could have over 4,500. And the divide between Necromancers/Elementalists/Mesmers is almost exactly like Warlocks/Shamans/Mages.

Warlocks have the most health, they also have access to fear and minions and tons of devastating dots. They are also the slowest, will almost no additional mobility and very susceptible to CC.

Shamans aren't very mobile either outside of Spirt Wolf Form, but they have really solid access to movement speed debuffing with Frost Shock. They can do solid magic damage if Elemental spec, and solid melee damage if Enhancement Spec. They're never the biggest damage dealers though as they are always hybridized with their healing capabilities as well which is what gives them a serious edge in battle.

Mages can do serious damage, they kings of kiting with a plethora of ways to slow down opponents while they batter them from range as well as Blink to break stuns and create distances and Iceblock as an emergency invulnerability cooldown. They're comparatively very fragile and they don't have any capacity to heal themselves.

Like, literal mirror image of Necromancer/Elementalist/Mesmer. Like the only real difference is that Mesmer isn't the squishiest by default and while it has very below avarage self healing compared to other builds, it's still has healing.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> >

>

>

>

> @Axl.8924 said:

> Show footage pls.

> https://imgur.com/gallery/EIMNGYU

> thats from like 15 min ago

>

> I wanted to see video footage pls showing how it plays so we can see it. also is there any way to actually magnify the image?

I dont know how to record stuff, dont feel like learning tbh. I might if I get bored tho.

you can click on the immagine and it will zoom in.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > > Necro is a funny one. It's the simplest, easiest to play profession, yet one of the hardest to balance. All the other professions can play around with mobility and try to disengage/reset losing fights, necro can hardly do that. So necro has a huge healthpool and shroud to make up for the lack of mobility, and here comes the problem: if it has enough sustain, it's an unkillable tank, if it lacks sustain, literally anything can whittle its health down little by little, and it ends up losing to anything.

> > >

> > > This is less of a problem in 5v5, where you can compensate with rotations, but in 2v2 all these differences which come from class design are amplified. Good luck to the balance team figuring this out!

> >

> > I remember in wow warlocks were complaining a bout a boring with lack of mobility and escapes and only being able to stand there and die if they get surrounded, reminded me of necro, except necros aren't neigh invincible, but they have few if any escapes and are very vulnerable to CC.

> >

> > Once it got nerfed, warlocks became free kills, and they complained and asked for mobility back along with escapes. I have seen some necros here ask for mobility and ability to negate dmg, seems like it mirrors wow.

> >

> > @Axl.8924 said:

> > Show footage pls.

> > https://imgur.com/gallery/EIMNGYU

> > thats from like 15 min ago

> >

> > I wanted to see video footage pls showing how it plays so we can see it. also is there any way to actually magnify the image?

>

> Guild Wars 2's necromancer is heavily inspired by WoW's Warlock. In Vanilla WoW a max level mage might have 2,900 HP. A max level Warlock would could have over 4,500. And the divide between Necromancers/Elementalists/Mesmers is almost exactly like Warlocks/Shamans/Mages.

>

> Warlocks have the most health, they also have access to fear and minions and tons of devastating dots. They are also the slowest, will almost no additional mobility and very susceptible to CC.

>

> Shamans aren't very mobile either outside of Spirt Wolf Form, but they have really solid access to movement speed debuffing with Frost Shock. They can do solid magic damage if Elemental spec, and solid melee damage if Enhancement Spec. They're never the biggest damage dealers though as they are always hybridized with their healing capabilities as well which is what gives them a serious edge in battle.

>

> Mages can do serious damage, they kings of kiting with a plethora of ways to slow down opponents while they batter them from range as well as Blink to break stuns and create distances and Iceblock as an emergency invulnerability cooldown. They're comparatively very fragile and they don't have any capacity to heal themselves.

>

> Like, literal mirror image of Necromancer/Elementalist/Mesmer. Like the only real difference is that Mesmer isn't the squishiest by default and while it has very below avarage self healing compared to other builds, it's still has healing.

Except in wow its melee who terrorize casters.

Here the issue is that classes like mesmers rangers thieves some casters some melee have a multitude of sustain and escapes available to them.

Necromancer was heavily overbalanced and some of the stuff was made worse instead of better.

A issue is also the pitchforks mob mentality. Mob mentality isn't necessarily intelligent and peer pressure with numbers could lead to ruining the fun for those who play necro, which is why we need proper testing, even if it takes time and patience to gather all data on what needs nerfed, not a rapid response of here is a bandait to your whining, because that also mirrors wow issue of everyone whining about a class until it gets nerfed into the ground.

I think we could use someone who tests and plays every character to gather data on performance from the team of anet someone maybe plays 3 dif classes each, so that each class gets represented.

I am speaking from the point of view of a necromancer, which in our view, we became farmed and targetted first, and in this solo queue, its insane to have a class that literally cannot survive on its own against some classes, and gets hard countered.

At least it hasn't gotten as bad as wow where it hink a lot of folks have given up with the melee dominant meta in SPVP and PVE.