What's up with Lich Form?

Zexanima.7851

Is there something I'm missing with this? I'm getting like 5k auto's on paladins and it autos pretty darn fast. I've been able to full down two people with just auto attacking before it expires. In 2v2's its even worse since it refreshes between rounds. It's kind of like the old Rampage now, except worse maybe.

And your encounters can't kite, stealth, block or reflect your turtle speed moving, 20s duration, 150s cooldown (once a round) one trick pony skill that is even just an issue if you are healed while using it because otherwise you would just be bursted to death in 3 seconds by any competent duo?

Enjoy the farm of clueless encounters until metabattle is updated and people start to realize they just need to build for more damage and the core necro farm can begin.

People in wvw are more advanced. Met some mesmers, warriors and rangers that left the comfort zone, went for berserk and they are deadly as fuck.

Nothing's up, it was like that before, it's just that it wasn't able to unleash it's potential. A projectile block/reflect still counter the auto perfectly, so I guess those 2 peoples have inadapted builds. I mean, it's not like guardian, mesmer, thiefs, necromancer, scrapper or revenant don't have any area projectile block/reflect, right?

I've tested it:

- with zerk amulet and pve full dps traits (basically the pve dps build) the auto deals 6k damage to light armored targets without further damage mitigation (protection, toughness etc.) that don't do anything but standing there eating the damage - the thing is, that build is a oneshot to every duo focus and so not worth mentioning as an issue

- and here it gets interesting: the paladin bm, dm, sr bunker core necro deals 3k damage to light armored targets without further damage mitigation (protection, toughness etc.) with lich form and this leaves plenty of room for counterplay (running away for 20s is the easiest form of it)

Yes I don't deny that 3k at a relatively low cast time is quite much for a bunker build but like I said, a comparision with ramapage is not to be taken seriously. It is slow, it has no mobility and it can't stunlock - all things the old rampage could on top of the damage. From rampage you could not get away unless you were a thief. Everybody can get away from lich form. And there are other forms of counters too, like I said in my first posting of the thread.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> I've tested it:

> - with zerk amulet and pve full dps traits (basically the pve dps build) the auto deals 6k damage to light armored targets without further damage mitigation (protection, toughness etc.) that don't do anything but standing there eating the damage - the thing is, that build is a oneshot to every duo focus and so not worth mentioning as an issue

> - and here it gets interesting: the paladin bm, dm, sr bunker core necro deals 3k damage to light armored targets without further damage mitigation (protection, toughness etc.) with lich form and this leaves plenty of room for counterplay (running away for 20s is the easiest form of it)

>

> Yes I don't deny that 3k at a relatively low cast time is quite much for a bunker build but like I said, a comparision with ramapage is not to be taken seriously. It is slow, it has no mobility and it can't stunlock - all things the old rampage could on top of the damage. From rampage you could not get away unless you were a thief. Everybody can get away from lich form. And there are other forms of counters too, like I said in my first posting of the thread.

I'm not saying it doesn't have counters. As a necro, if I see someone else pop lich I just corrupt the stab (as as I would do against rampage) or drop corrosive posion cloud. Still, I think those auto's hit too hard for has rapidly as they can be fired. I've a good handful of fights I've landed ripple of horror into autos and that was it. It's mainly 2v2's I'm seeing it as an issue but I still think the auto coefficient needs to be nerfed. Sure, if you pop it early fight everyone can just get away and avoid it but pop it mid-end fight when people are down on resources and it's ez killz.

I've reflected quite a bit of Lich Form autos. They hit me when I have my magnetic aura up, hit themselves for 5k and then panic. Kind of fun. It is very punishing, though, if they catch me off guard, which does happen sometimes. But it also keeps them out of shroud, which is an advantage for me. I like the interesting gameplay and tradeoffs it gives.

1) afaik it didnt get toned down so it feels stronger

2) the counter to lich was always to just focus it down. 2v2 is smaller mode compared to 5v5 and now damage is lower so lich has more room to survive and actually hit stuff.

3) paladins is simply a crazy strong amulet, so u get bunkers who hit like 3/4 of a dps role

Its not bugged just same as always and counters like reflects and blinds are also same.

hf

Double the CD, halve the damage. Done.....jks. I know it's not a time to joke being a necro/reaper/scourge main, I know because I've chosen this avatar I'll be treated differently, but it's just a giggle fest watching the amount of upset and knowing we'll be nerfed into oblivion and there'll be a crossover and my reaper'll get munted even more in the crossfire. All this drama keeps us chatting and involved in the game...way to go Anet.

> @"Black Storm.6974" said:

> In WvW Zerg fights it is incredibly weak. I tried core necromancer with Lich Form. Most of my attacks just got reflected and I have been useless for the entire duration of Lichform and Death Shroud.

>

> They are just so easy to counter in group fights.

Think they're more talking in pvp not wvw

I expect this in changes

Lich form now has 3 min cd or 180 sec

Modifier lowered to 0.2 on all abilities and cd increased to 60 seconds.

Reaper shroud now has a 40-second cd mana battery removed life force cut in half necro is basically free kill to the linch mobs who want to just bum rush without thinking GG kiddies.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> its ok if the autos down ppl in 3 hits, its ok the coefficient was untouched, its ok its completely unbalanced. cuz reasons.

So downing people in 3 hits is unbalanced? How many "hits" are balanced in your opinion? Will all other professions able to down players in 3 or less hits (because it's still possible) need further nerfs? Will the number of hits need to be balanced around the average damage on a light armor player with a low health pool or a heavy armor player with max toughness with large health pool? What's the standard, what's the rule?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see _lich form_ removed from the game but your argument on whether it's balanced or not is arguable. When the necromancer enter lich form you know what's coming, it's strikingly obvious, this big ugly thing. The Auto isn't specially quick either, you've got more than enough time and tools to react.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> So downing people in 3 hits is unbalanced?

7k autos in under 3 sec from 1200 range when all the power creep bursts are supposed to be removed

coefficient seems totally untouched at [2.34](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Claws) (yes, you read that right)

HMMMM WONDER WHAT COULD BE WRONG

cmon dood

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > So downing people in 3 hits is unbalanced?

>

> 7k autos in under 3 sec...

3,3 seconds! And 7k is absolute best case (berserk amulet and damage modifiers via traits, might and vulnerability). No need to be hyperbolic.

_Actual attack speed is approximately 1.1 seconds, rather than 3/4 seconds (0.75 seconds) as mentioned ingame._

(source: your link)

> ...from 1200 range when all the power creep bursts are supposed to be removed

> coefficient seems totally untouched at [2.34](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Claws) (yes, you read that right)

> HMMMM WONDER WHAT COULD BE WRONG

>

> cmon dood

Just nerf the damn auto (it's unviable anyway against competent encounters) but leave the rest of necro alone!

Btw.: 10k rapid fire from 1500 range is still possible. Don't know about the exact numer of the longbow autoattack.