If Resilient profession is this...

Levijeh.9643

Core Necro skill ceiling was proudly high before patch, you didn't see many of them succeeding in plat 2+. It has dropped so much post-patch that now you cannot tell if a necro is good or bad because it doesn't matter.

**_"Necromancer has always been designed to be a resilient profession that was light on stability"_**

Necromancer was already light on stability. Now you're forced to stay in shroud as much as possible, promoting passive gameplay.

_**Since this update specifically is removing some stability from the necromancer's traits, we made sure to adjust the profession's stun break skills appropriately in response**_

I don't get this, in what way did they adjust the profession's stun break skills in response of removing FitG? Can someone explain to me. If the response is that they had to give us more sustain or life force generation instead of active stun break, I'll be done.

First off let me just start off by saying that I am not comfortable in this new CC meta at all. I hate being disabled for 103198174316921431 seconds, especially because on necro we're target number 1, now ever more than before. Doesn't matter that CC doesn't do any damage when you're 5v5 because the rest of the enemy team does.

Having said that, in 2v2, against people with little CC, core necro is hard to put down. If you take traited Signet of Undeath, Fear of Death, Eternal Life (for the perma Protection while in shroud), coupled with the slower degeneration rate of core shroud and the 50% damage reduction that comes with it, you can tank an ungodly amount of damage. And actually you can go even tankier than that by having toughness and death magic/blood magic. Obviously, you still need to play smart; if you get dragged into DH traps, you can tank the initial burst but don't stay in the aoe or your shroud is gone.

I would still roll back the casting time on Doom though, as that was our only "stun break" in core shroud.

They adjust the profession's stun break in PvE with reduced CD on wurm, SW and SA. That's what they are talking about in this sentence.

I know that it doesn't make much sense but it's basically their bandaid fix to the impact of less stability uptime on the necromancer in PvE. In competitive modes, they are still desperatly trying to make using CC a rewarding experience so every profession more or less took a hit on their stun breaks (necromancer included).

From my point of view ANet's issue is the way they see CCs which is probably due to the variety of CC in game. Their focus on CC heavily lean toward "spatial" control while a good sPvP/WvW experience would require them to have CCs leaning toward "skills" control. To put it simply, they fckd up the CC ratio skill control vs spatial control due to their will to promote the variety of spatial control tools. This will to promote them led them to put spatial control at the core of some gameplay and to allow these gameplay to bloom they felt the need to reduce it's counterplay (first throught the change to stability and now again with the heavy reduction on hard CC counterplay tools in "compensation" for the loss of damage on the hard CC tools).

I really don't understand how they don't get that it's not fun to be stun locked. WvW should have taught them that focusing on stun lock is unfun with the unending complaints about "pirateship war" since they changed the way stability work. Yet, here we are and they give another push into the wrong direction.

Interupting is good design, stun locking is frustrating design.

PvP: life force generation, stunbeaks, stability and mobility nerfed

PvE: stability nerfed but stunbreaks improved

That's what happened.

Yes necro has less stunbreaks, life force generation and mobility than before the patch in pvp since spectral walk and armor have been nerfed in cooldown. So reaper got a noticeable sustain hit as well because these 2 skills were crucial.

The current state of core necro does show the lack of skill of many players because it needs a strategy (setup a cc+burst combo when he is out of shroud) instead of buttonmashing to be killed in a 1v1 situation. And if you follow that strategy it is laughably easy to shut down.

You can compare core necro to full counter. If you can't manage to not trigger it, you will have a hard time to kill a spellbreaker in a 1v1 and he will win by attrition.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> The current state of core necro does show the lack of skill of many players because it needs a strategy (setup a cc+burst combo when he is out of shroud) instead of buttonmashing to be killed in a 1v1 situation. And if you follow that strategy it is laughably easy to shut down.

>

I agree the changes seemed focused on requiring players to chain skills together; e.g., a stun and a burst. Button-mashing will not be as productive as it used to be. Necro makes an ideal target to practice these skills on and maybe that is Arenanet's intent.

> @"Junkpile.7439" said:

> Necro is probably total trash if you fight againts players who have some idea how to play. Good thing is that i don't need to fight against players like that. I just tag enemies in wvw. B)

Exactly. It's not rocket Science. Unreal how much of a issues been made that Necro takes some mild consideration these days rather than an insta kill. Even in 2v2's they've been figured out.

> @"Levijeh.9643" said:

> Core Necro skill ceiling was proudly high before patch, you didn't see many of them succeeding in plat 2+. It has dropped so much post-patch that now you cannot tell if a necro is good or bad because it doesn't matter.

>

> **_"Necromancer has always been designed to be a resilient profession that was light on stability"_**

>

> Necromancer was already light on stability. Now you're forced to stay in shroud as much as possible, promoting passive gameplay.

>

> _**Since this update specifically is removing some stability from the necromancer's traits, we made sure to adjust the profession's stun break skills appropriately in response**_

>

> I don't get this, in what way did they adjust the profession's stun break skills in response of removing FitG? Can someone explain to me. If the response is that they had to give us more sustain or life force generation instead of active stun break, I'll be done.

You don't get it? It's pretty clear; that's how Anet want the class to play. Anet even indicates it. You actually nailed the impact of the changes ... so you probably get it more than you think you do.

Anet wants Necro to be a powerhouse, but can be CC'd and killed.

This will shift a meta into one of probably Support + DPS + CC spammer.

This is the worst sort of balance to give to pvp, because RPG role trinities never really worked in pvp, and now they are indirectly forcing it because a Necro not being controlled simply steamrolls their enemies.