Bubble shields/fields/etc need nerf in WvW

Rezzet.3614

the meta has been and became even more predominantly nothing but anti projectile bubbles/fields spam mixed with ranged non projectile AoE spam

theres little to no counter asides from praying for a bigger player group when your opponent is a coordinated guild

rendering projectiles useless also makes half of combat alternatives null and flat out shuts down some professions/specializations

From what I hear and what I see, rangers are actually doing quite well with the current patch, so how come projectiles are useless? Have all rangers switched to melee somehow? Not what I hear from friends.

In big zergs projectiles were already pretty much useless before. No change here.

I do agree on the AoE spam and bigger groups though. Thanks to reduced sustain mainly through reduced boons and stunbreaks , bigger groups have even bigger advantages now, so you just have to hope for numbers.

Projectile attacks have been worseless since launch in WvW.

You might see more reflect walls because its played by burn guardians ( the best dmg dealer currently in zergs).

Also the number of warrior players has increased because the can actually survive in melee and finaly cc people thanks to nerfed stab.

Despite ANETs attempts to put target caps on many damage skills they always have left reflects uncapped (which dramatically increases burn guards procs for instance). Note that I'm okay with projectile destruction since that isn't the same as reflect's uncapped damage (assuming ANET's aim was to reduce target caps on damage).

D:

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> Despite ANETs attempts to put target caps on many damage skills they always have left reflects uncapped (which dramatically increases burn guards procs for instance). Note that I'm okay with projectile destruction since that isn't the same as reflect's uncapped damage (assuming ANET's aim was to reduce target caps on damage).

>

> D:

Can’t proc that back, like a ping pong game???

Tryed to shoot behind a WoR yourself when gueting reflected?

Or condi is directly aplyed to source?

If that’s the case looks more like a coding issues than anything else, if u shoot behind a dome all of that should be absorbed or If behind wor should be reflected back.. once again as a projectile.

If that’s what is happening:

Imo one way to fix that is transform reflected arrows in projectiles reflected back where could hit random places and every one

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > Despite ANETs attempts to put target caps on many damage skills they always have left reflects uncapped (which dramatically increases burn guards procs for instance). Note that I'm okay with projectile destruction since that isn't the same as reflect's uncapped damage (assuming ANET's aim was to reduce target caps on damage).

> >

> > D:

>

> Can’t proc that back, like a ping pong game???

Suppose it can be reflected for a total of two times, lol.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > Despite ANETs attempts to put target caps on many damage skills they always have left reflects uncapped (which dramatically increases burn guards procs for instance). Note that I'm okay with projectile destruction since that isn't the same as reflect's uncapped damage (assuming ANET's aim was to reduce target caps on damage).

> > >

> > > D:

> >

> > Can’t proc that back, like a ping pong game???

>

> Suppose it can be reflected for a total of two times, lol.

Yeah actually was searching in wiki how many times would reflect and if everything is a projectile.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > Despite ANETs attempts to put target caps on many damage skills they always have left reflects uncapped (which dramatically increases burn guards procs for instance). Note that I'm okay with projectile destruction since that isn't the same as reflect's uncapped damage (assuming ANET's aim was to reduce target caps on damage).

> >

> > D:

>

> Can’t proc that back, like a ping pong game???

> Tryed to shoot behind a WoR yourself when gueting reflected?

>

> Or condi is directly aplyed to source?

>

> If that’s the case looks more like a coding issues than anything else, if u shoot behind a dome all of that should be absorbed or If behind wor should be reflected back.. once again as a projectile.

>

>

> If that’s what is happening:

> Imo one way to fix that is transform reflected arrows in projectiles reflected back where could hit random places and every one

It's funny, I was wondering about this very thing the other day.

I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

But I see myself as a public servant, helping all those wayward Pharus rangers learn to be better at their profession, and maybe teach them to react faster when all of a sudden those white lines come streaming back at them.

> @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> From what I hear and what I see, rangers are actually doing quite well with the current patch, so how come projectiles are useless? Have all rangers switched to melee somehow? Not what I hear from friends.

> In big zergs projectiles were already pretty much useless before. No change here.

> I do agree on the AoE spam and bigger groups though. Thanks to reduced sustain mainly through reduced boons and stunbreaks , bigger groups have even bigger advantages now, so you just have to hope for numbers.

Druid staff shoots a beam that isnt a projectile, bow 5 is a 360 radius non projectile aoe , also pets, warhorn also has a ranged non projectile DoT attack

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

Actually they did... WoR now has a red AoE under it and a weird dark/reddish colour glow around the rim of the wall itself.

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

>

> > I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

>

> Actually they did... WoR now has a red AoE under it and a weird dark/reddish colour glow around the rim of the wall itself.

Red aoe under, with so much aoe visual clutter a player won’t notice that :D

Even on smaller scale It’s rare to spot that and u look 3x times to confirm if that is a aoe circle arround friendly WoR or if really is a enemy WoR.

It doesn’t work XD

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> >

> > > I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

> >

> > Actually they did... WoR now has a red AoE under it and a weird dark/reddish colour glow around the rim of the wall itself.

>

> Red aoe under, with so much aoe visual clutter a player won’t notice that :D

>

> Even on smaller scale It’s rare to spot that and u look 3x times to confirm if that is a aoe circle arround friendly WoR or if really is a enemy WoR.

>

> It doesn’t work XD

/shrug I've not really had any issues spotting 'em...

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > >

> > > > I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

> > >

> > > Actually they did... WoR now has a red AoE under it and a weird dark/reddish colour glow around the rim of the wall itself.

> >

> > Red aoe under, with so much aoe visual clutter a player won’t notice that :D

> >

> > Even on smaller scale It’s rare to spot that and u look 3x times to confirm if that is a aoe circle arround friendly WoR or if really is a enemy WoR.

> >

> > It doesn’t work XD

>

> /shrug I've not really had any issues spotting 'em...

People tell me otherwise they miss tablet near them quite a lot , at my end my be my setup issue ._. 32:10 49” screen...

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > >

> > > > I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

> > >

> > > Actually they did... WoR now has a red AoE under it and a weird dark/reddish colour glow around the rim of the wall itself.

> >

> > Red aoe under, with so much aoe visual clutter a player won’t notice that :D

> >

> > Even on smaller scale It’s rare to spot that and u look 3x times to confirm if that is a aoe circle arround friendly WoR or if really is a enemy WoR.

> >

> > It doesn’t work XD

>

> /shrug I've not really had any issues spotting 'em...

Spotting WoR? No problem. Discerning if it is friendly or not? With symbols, winds, et al, it becomes very hard to spot, at least imo. If they changed it so friendly was blue and enemy was red in colour, that would be a simple and easy discernible fix.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > >

> > > > > I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

> > > >

> > > > Actually they did... WoR now has a red AoE under it and a weird dark/reddish colour glow around the rim of the wall itself.

> > >

> > > Red aoe under, with so much aoe visual clutter a player won’t notice that :D

> > >

> > > Even on smaller scale It’s rare to spot that and u look 3x times to confirm if that is a aoe circle arround friendly WoR or if really is a enemy WoR.

> > >

> > > It doesn’t work XD

> >

> > /shrug I've not really had any issues spotting 'em...

>

> Spotting WoR? No problem. Discerning if it is friendly or not? With symbols, winds, et al, it becomes very hard to spot, at least imo. If they changed it so friendly was blue and enemy was red in colour, that would be a simple and easy discernible fix.

If I recall the blue from enemy wor is slightly diferent as in more pale???

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > I'm playing Burn DH now, and I love WoR. I think ANET needs to tweak it so it's easier to tell if the WoR is friendly or not; sort of like what they did to help you discern a friendly Winds from those of your enemy. The change they made back in 2019 wasn't enough imo.

> > > > >

> > > > > Actually they did... WoR now has a red AoE under it and a weird dark/reddish colour glow around the rim of the wall itself.

> > > >

> > > > Red aoe under, with so much aoe visual clutter a player won’t notice that :D

> > > >

> > > > Even on smaller scale It’s rare to spot that and u look 3x times to confirm if that is a aoe circle arround friendly WoR or if really is a enemy WoR.

> > > >

> > > > It doesn’t work XD

> > >

> > > /shrug I've not really had any issues spotting 'em...

> >

> > Spotting WoR? No problem. Discerning if it is friendly or not? With symbols, winds, et al, it becomes very hard to spot, at least imo. If they changed it so friendly was blue and enemy was red in colour, that would be a simple and easy discernible fix.

>

> If I recall the blue from enemy wor is slightly diferent as in more pale???

Yours is a more vibrant blue, the enemies is a dimmer darker blue. Similar to Warriors bubble, friendly is bright orange, enemies is a dimmer darker orange.