[POLL] What Type of Gear Do You Run in WvW?

TheGrimm.5624

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > lol, why bother making ascended when anet reinvents the wheel every so often? exotic is good enough and way less hassle.

> >

> > That's what I am curious about. And your comment is exactly the point, not so bad to swap out Exotic or Legendary, but the impact on Ascended can be costly. Look at Trailblazers its almost back to pre-PoF pricing at around the 250 gold mark. WvW also still remains the mode that has the worst payouts for time. If anything I think ANet should add new coin drops in pip rewards to account for the cost that people might experience in regearing. For Legendary people its extra coin, but it might take the bit off those that are not.

>

> Converting your ascended doesn’t cost nearly that..

>

> But yeah, legendary is the way to go.

Actually, it does, its the maguuma lilies, last weekend they were back at 13.49 G, that by 18 you need and you are 242 gold to regear to trailblazers. Now granted that more of an extreme for sets but there are others like that. They are lower tonight but there was a rush on the markets last week after the patch.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > lol, why bother making ascended when anet reinvents the wheel every so often? exotic is good enough and way less hassle.

> > >

> > > That's what I am curious about. And your comment is exactly the point, not so bad to swap out Exotic or Legendary, but the impact on Ascended can be costly. Look at Trailblazers its almost back to pre-PoF pricing at around the 250 gold mark. WvW also still remains the mode that has the worst payouts for time. If anything I think ANet should add new coin drops in pip rewards to account for the cost that people might experience in regearing. For Legendary people its extra coin, but it might take the bit off those that are not.

> >

> > Converting your ascended doesn’t cost nearly that..

> >

> > But yeah, legendary is the way to go.

>

> Actually, it does, its the maguuma lilies, last weekend they were back at 13.49 G, that by 18 you need and you are 242 gold to regear to trailblazers. Now granted that more of an extreme for sets but there are others like that. They are lower tonight but there was a rush on the markets last week after the patch.

I can't say I have any sympathy for people that 1.) buy stuff immediately after a change when it's the most expensive 2.) are running full TB. Especially when cheaper alternatives exist. One could just get trailblazer chest/leggings and make the other 4 pieces dire.. You lose 6% condi duration (what? 1.2 more second on a 20s bleed? Like that won't be cleansed) but have more tankiness and save ~150g. If they can't comprehend that, then there's a reason why they have no gold.

Pro Tip: Armor is always last priority because it contributes the least. And of those 6 pieces, the armor and chest are the biggest deal. Always target trinkets and weapons first.

And honestly, what else are you using your gold for? The ascended gear change may set me back 400-500g across all my characters but then again I'm spending more than that on a legendary backpiece alone and also bought like 300g worth of skins. Easy come easy go I say.

I'm mostly in exotics as well, part of that is due to what was previously yo-yo balancing on Anets part (hopefully that will change soon). I have a full set of ascended for raiding (healing gear) and Im working on legendary but only have 1 piece. Rest is all exotics, I definitely feel the difference between exotic and ascended though.

What I really wish they'd do is make legendary armor and trinkets more accessible, I mean even if they removed the fancy skins, it would be great to be able to tinker with and create your own build that fits your playstyle. Oh crap there's a giant bird in front of my car as I type this on my phone.

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

>

> I can't say I have any sympathy for people that 1.) buy stuff immediately after a change when it's the most expensive 2.) are running full TB. Especially when cheaper alternatives exist. One could just get trailblazer chest/leggings and make the other 4 pieces dire.. You lose 6% condi duration (what? 1.2 more second on a 20s bleed? Like that won't be cleansed) but have more tankiness and save ~150g. If they can't comprehend that, then there's a reason why they have no gold.

>

> Pro Tip: Armor is always last priority because it contributes the least. And of those 6 pieces, the armor and chest are the biggest deal. Always target trinkets and weapons first.

>

> And honestly, what else are you using your gold for? The ascended gear change may set me back 400-500g across all my characters but then again I'm spending more than that on a legendary backpiece alone and also bought like 300g worth of skins. Easy come easy go I say.

I am not hurting for the gold since I also do trading, but most people that WvW don't. And that's more of the point of what I was trying to convey. We lose players when people feel the need to respec after patches like this and one of the factors of that is cost to change builds, not to mention connections and time they felt was now wasted. I agree in the normal life cycle that's part of what makes WvW endgame is that you have goals to work towards and building up gear. But when there are large shifts like this we abandon players which is unhealthy for long term population and its something ANet should consider. Again could see short term increases in pip chests to handle added expenses WvW people might be encountering. Not everyone trades on the TP and WvW is a poor payout.

depends on my char actually; got like 3-4 ascended sets, rest has to go on exotic - some few chars are also mixed equipped.

i have some asc armor chests spare, but i cannot change their stats yet due to a lack of the silly insignias (for my healer chars acutally, and u cannot buy minstrel)

@"ArchonWing.9480" no idea how you'd change minstrel easy. i guess "huehueh, crafting"...? monk runes are indeed easy, i farm the track like the 20th time or more to get a solid stock of them. kinda farmed only that and the armor track the last months to get minstrel gear for my firebrand - i farmed more ascalonian tears than zaithan now :P

exotics is "enough", but ascended is simply better. always fun when people on the one hand cry like babies about "muh remove guild objetive keep aura" but ingame don't give a shit about borderlands bloodlust and equal exotic to ascended gear - which on a full set has some surely noticeable difference.

legendary barely matters for me since its not worth the farm - hell it doesn't even provide one single more stat. plus i still have no crafting spec over lv60, so it is not possible to get them anyways. who cares, there is enough fine skins existing.

i started into wvw with trash gear par excellance, warrior with not even lv80 gear (story-stuff, char was lv80 tho)... but got better equipment quickly, loved that wvw still provides one of the more simple ways to farm it. the dying from anybody just looking on my was annyoing but couldn't be helped. i just cycled invuln and cc'd everything till others picked up the kills.

@ whoever voted "green blue" ... please just post in map or teamchat that u got trash gear and what stats u need :dizzy: unless that was just trolls - bc every other drop could upgrade this.

... or rather, you could upgrade yourself by using badges of honor at the WvW-sellers. they sell basic exotic gear. not great statvariety, but far better than blue-green-yellow trashgear.

> @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> @ whoever voted "green blue" ... please just post in map or teamchat that u got trash gear and what stats u need :dizzy: unless that was just trolls - bc every other drop could upgrade this.

> ... or rather, you could upgrade yourself by using badges of honor at the WvW-sellers. they sell basic exotic gear. not great statvariety, but far better than blue-green-yellow trashgear.

I put the poll as anonymous in case someone was new and is still building up now, so can't talk towards if its a valid vote but it could be. I know when I came over from Warhammer I entered WvW at the min level since was used to Warhammer's option of entering into RvR at level 1 and no gear. Here, was quite a bit rougher to say the least.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> >

> > I can't say I have any sympathy for people that 1.) buy stuff immediately after a change when it's the most expensive 2.) are running full TB. Especially when cheaper alternatives exist. One could just get trailblazer chest/leggings and make the other 4 pieces dire.. You lose 6% condi duration (what? 1.2 more second on a 20s bleed? Like that won't be cleansed) but have more tankiness and save ~150g. If they can't comprehend that, then there's a reason why they have no gold.

> >

> > Pro Tip: Armor is always last priority because it contributes the least. And of those 6 pieces, the armor and chest are the biggest deal. Always target trinkets and weapons first.

> >

> > And honestly, what else are you using your gold for? The ascended gear change may set me back 400-500g across all my characters but then again I'm spending more than that on a legendary backpiece alone and also bought like 300g worth of skins. Easy come easy go I say.

>

> I am not hurting for the gold since I also do trading, but most people that WvW don't. And that's more of the point of what I was trying to convey. We lose players when people feel the need to respec after patches like this and one of the factors of that is cost to change builds, not to mention connections and time they felt was now wasted.

Not referring to you in particular. But the problem is people making bad decisions and being impatient. It's 100% a choice, and I don't believe in keeping the game stagnant just to cater to people that lack personal responsibility. They'd just blow the gold on warclaw skins anyways.

The 15-20% effect of ascended gear is true, but that's kind of a pve number. It refers to full damage power builds because power/precision/ferocity are multiplicative. The effect is significantly less pronounced. In addition, it's FULL exotic vs ascended and there's no reason why ascended trinkets/weapons are inaccessible while armor doesn't contribute the much. In reality, it's closer to a 5% difference and probably less in real world scenarios. I would even dare say lag probably creates a bigger factor.

> I agree in the normal life cycle that's part of what makes WvW endgame is that you have goals to work towards and building up gear. But when there are large shifts like this we abandon players which is unhealthy for long term population and its something ANet should consider. Again could see short term increases in pip chests to handle added expenses WvW people might be encountering. Not everyone trades on the TP and WvW is a poor payout.

While WvW rewards a lot less than pve, the materials you get from reward tracks are more than sufficient to cover anything. Not to mention daily rewards/ log in rewards. The game already gives you a lot of free crap just by existing. I've never felt like I had to manipulate the TP to do anything.

And again, there's nothing else to spend gold on anyways. There are no repairs or waypoint costs. Siege is bought at the provisoner and ascended food gets dropped by people. It's also getting cheaper. The only thing to do with gold is to min-max your gear.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > lol, why bother making ascended when anet reinvents the wheel every so often? exotic is good enough and way less hassle.

> > >

> > > That's what I am curious about. And your comment is exactly the point, not so bad to swap out Exotic or Legendary, but the impact on Ascended can be costly. Look at Trailblazers its almost back to pre-PoF pricing at around the 250 gold mark. WvW also still remains the mode that has the worst payouts for time. If anything I think ANet should add new coin drops in pip rewards to account for the cost that people might experience in regearing. For Legendary people its extra coin, but it might take the bit off those that are not.

> >

> > Converting your ascended doesn’t cost nearly that..

> >

> > But yeah, legendary is the way to go.

>

> Actually, it does, its the maguuma lilies, last weekend they were back at 13.49 G, that by 18 you need and you are 242 gold to regear to trailblazers. Now granted that more of an extreme for sets but there are others like that. They are lower tonight but there was a rush on the markets last week after the patch.

Your complaint should be focused more then on the ridiculously low drop rate of pearls, lillies et al, which is why they cost so much in the first place. It isn't like a player could decide to just go farm them on their own, right? If I needed any T3, T4, T5 or T6 material, I could go to a specific region and kill specific mobs, and with decent MF, get what I need, albeit slowly.

Minstrel, Trailblazer, Settlers, Diviner....stat selectable exotic/ascended or legendary or don't bother imo.

I have 3 sets of Legendary armor, Light/Medium/Heavy. My Necromancer, my Engineer and Ranger all also have full Legendary weapons ( 18 total ) with my Necromancer having one for every weapon Necromancer can use.

99.9% of my playtime is in WvW and I participate in all areas. Scouting, roaming, small scale, havoc, zerg, organized ( to a lesser extent as I do not belong to any serious guilds ). Because I'm primarily a solo/roam/small scale player and because I love to create my own custom fit builds I think Legendary armor is a very good investment. I have multiple builds for 3 of my 5 characters with my Necromancer having 5 builds. Being able to slot and unslot Runes and Infusions as well as being able to change stats to something that might otherwise be extremely expensive to craft is incredibly convenient. I don't mind that making this armor cost a freaking fortune if it saves me a lot in the future and has a lot of value with build experimenting.

When I passively save enough for another set I will probably make a 4th.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> I have 3 sets of Legendary armor, Light/Medium/Heavy. My Necromancer, my Engineer and Ranger all also have full Legendary weapons ( 18 total ) with my Necromancer having one for every weapon Necromancer can use.

>

> 99.9% of my playtime is in WvW and I participate in all areas. Scouting, roaming, small scale, havoc, zerg, organized ( to a lesser extent as I do not belong to any serious guilds ). Because I'm primarily a solo/roam/small scale player and because I love to create my own custom fit builds I think Legendary armor is a very good investment. I have multiple builds for 3 of my 5 characters with my Necromancer having 5 builds. Being able to slot and unslot Runes and Infusions as well as being able to change stats to something that might otherwise be extremely expensive to craft is incredibly convenient. I don't mind that making this armor cost a freaking fortune if it saves me a lot in the future and has a lot of value with build experimenting.

>

> When I passively save enough for another set I will probably make a 4th.

This!

Legendary armor and backpack are trivial after some months in wvw and so are the trinkets with resetable attributes. Everything needed can be achieved with reward tracks. The weapons are quite expensive. But until you have the money just pick ascended weapons, which are quite cheap in wvw too.