Yes, another thread about thieves. Nerfs are required.

sayori.4836

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sayori.4836" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Yeah actually it is a stars align moment so.... I run a berz/CS Thief geard for full dps and on most low health targets I get anywhere from 3k to max 6k but the 6k is seldom. Backstabs usually range from 5-8k max unless against full glass builds. Most of the time my burst plus heart seeker if I get it off still leaves most specs/builds with 50% ish hp and due to how glass the thief is and where sustain is I hardly see that as a issue. What do u want? A thief to burn its ini to get longer duration stealth to set up a backsttab to drop its opponent hp by 10-15% max putting thief in now melee range to get double or triple tapped vs the how many hits it take to down the opponent vs the thief? Lol yeah so thief would tickle opponent than have to run, good playstyle ur trying for there lol

>

> Come on...it's not a stars align moment. I even told you my necro friend got hit harder and he was also at full hp. Full glass differs between light, medium and heavy armor. And small correction, I wasn't full zerk, forgot I changed armor yesterday so it's marauder+berserker, health pool must have been 22k-ish.

Still no additional armor. Still glass.

> If I've been 21k hp as he backstabs that leaves me with ~9.2k hp(siphoning, venom considered too), far above 25% threshold. This means the thief took 56% of my health with one skill :)

Actually it means you were marked and he built up malice stacks.

> The heartseeker damage itself is "okay" if we consider that fact it's a singletarget, what is not ok is that the skill is so much more and it has modifiers while being spammable...it's basically a no-brainer skill.

And highly telegraphed.

> It's rather funny you talk about bias but you play thief and keep talking how other classes are broken. They are but we are talking about thief, not the others. I have no issues having my class nerfed, have played warrior since the beginning, never complained about the nerfs.

I haven’t been hit by over 7k on my glass reaper since the patch. Not saying it won’t happen, but not worried about it.

> And I haven't seen spellbreaker doing 11k with F1 after the patch at all.

Neither have I. I have seen them blocking out the wazoo though. Do you want to trade off blocks and invulns to drop thief’s damage? I sure don’t.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"sayori.4836" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > Yeah actually it is a stars align moment so.... I run a berz/CS Thief geard for full dps and on most low health targets I get anywhere from 3k to max 6k but the 6k is seldom. Backstabs usually range from 5-8k max unless against full glass builds. Most of the time my burst plus heart seeker if I get it off still leaves most specs/builds with 50% ish hp and due to how glass the thief is and where sustain is I hardly see that as a issue. What do u want? A thief to burn its ini to get longer duration stealth to set up a backsttab to drop its opponent hp by 10-15% max putting thief in now melee range to get double or triple tapped vs the how many hits it take to down the opponent vs the thief? Lol yeah so thief would tickle opponent than have to run, good playstyle ur trying for there lol

> >

> > Come on...it's not a stars align moment. I even told you my necro friend got hit harder and he was also at full hp. Full glass differs between light, medium and heavy armor. And small correction, I wasn't full zerk, forgot I changed armor yesterday so it's marauder+berserker, health pool must have been 22k-ish.

>

> Still no additional armor. Still glass.

>

> > If I've been 21k hp as he backstabs that leaves me with ~9.2k hp(siphoning, venom considered too), far above 25% threshold. This means the thief took 56% of my health with one skill :)

>

>

> Actually it means you were marked and he built up malice stacks.

>

> > The heartseeker damage itself is "okay" if we consider that fact it's a singletarget, what is not ok is that the skill is so much more and it has modifiers while being spammable...it's basically a no-brainer skill.

>

> And highly telegraphed.

>

>

> > It's rather funny you talk about bias but you play thief and keep talking how other classes are broken. They are but we are talking about thief, not the others. I have no issues having my class nerfed, have played warrior since the beginning, never complained about the nerfs.

>

> I haven’t been hit by over 7k on my glass reaper since the patch. Not saying it won’t happen, but not worried about it.

>

> > And I haven't seen spellbreaker doing 11k with F1 after the patch at all.

>

> Neither have I. I have seen them blocking out the wazoo though. Do you want to trade off blocks and invulns to drop thief’s damage? I sure don’t.

I've done regular 8k on maurader splb f1

And 10+ using zerk splb f1 hasn't been nerfed yet it was missed. I main war so I'd love if it weren't caught but I know it will be hard nerfed just like core war f1 was.

I'd love to see a post patch MBS do

20k+ lol even full malice. My numbers are from core and DDA zero full glass builds.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > Things did change though post patch for Thief vs X. Before the patch the Thief was very squishy, it could be downed easily by any real burst and even cleave damage. This felt balanced against what thief could do, and the fact that they do not play around cooldowns like the rest of the classes in GW2.

> > > >

> > > > Now most bursts are not hitting anywhere near as high, and the harder hitting CC's are doing almost zero damage this is making taking down Thief's in the very small windows you get very difficult now. Lets face it, versus the thief class you only really get small windows to apply your damage. The rest of the time its, blind, blind, evade, evade, teleport, teleport, stealth, stealth, etc.

> > > >

> > > > As long as I can burst the thief reliably then all the blinds, evades, and stealth's are somewhat acceptable. Post patch this has been flipped on its head, the window is gone now, and thief holds the advantage.

> > >

> > > A spellbreaker can delete 10k of 11k health in one f1.

> > > One bullscharge,100 blades and f1 on core deletes a marauder thief, I've done it using frenzy as its ur friend.

> >

> > HuH they used 2 utilities skills , so there must have only 1 defensive

> > How much again a thief doing 10k malicious backstab , has used their utilities ... ?

> > some1 will say that they have stocked defensive ones instead of attacking ones like Warrior

>

> Well for one if it's long duration stealth they used smoke screen utility. If they used black powder and HS to gain the stealth to surprise the opponent with a backstab the prob have 3 or 4 ini by time they attack. I'd say having half or more of ur global resources gone at time of attack trumps others using two utilities, at least in my opinion. Stealth upkeep isn't free. Even now with core war not having splb inflated f1 still unless a thief gets a jump on me when I'm not aware I delete more thiefs on my war than they do me so problem is?

Excuse me , but even i know when a thielf uses ini to get stealth .... he gets it backs every sec while he is stealth , or beeing alive

Also Backstab + Steal + Free Quickness from marked , doesnt cost ini

> @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > > Things did change though post patch for Thief vs X. Before the patch the Thief was very squishy, it could be downed easily by any real burst and even cleave damage. This felt balanced against what thief could do, and the fact that they do not play around cooldowns like the rest of the classes in GW2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now most bursts are not hitting anywhere near as high, and the harder hitting CC's are doing almost zero damage this is making taking down Thief's in the very small windows you get very difficult now. Lets face it, versus the thief class you only really get small windows to apply your damage. The rest of the time its, blind, blind, evade, evade, teleport, teleport, stealth, stealth, etc.

> > > > >

> > > > > As long as I can burst the thief reliably then all the blinds, evades, and stealth's are somewhat acceptable. Post patch this has been flipped on its head, the window is gone now, and thief holds the advantage.

> > > >

> > > > A spellbreaker can delete 10k of 11k health in one f1.

> > > > One bullscharge,100 blades and f1 on core deletes a marauder thief, I've done it using frenzy as its ur friend.

> > >

> > > HuH they used 2 utilities skills , so there must have only 1 defensive

> > > How much again a thief doing 10k malicious backstab , has used their utilities ... ?

> > > some1 will say that they have stocked defensive ones instead of attacking ones like Warrior

> >

> > Well for one if it's long duration stealth they used smoke screen utility. If they used black powder and HS to gain the stealth to surprise the opponent with a backstab the prob have 3 or 4 ini by time they attack. I'd say having half or more of ur global resources gone at time of attack trumps others using two utilities, at least in my opinion. Stealth upkeep isn't free. Even now with core war not having splb inflated f1 still unless a thief gets a jump on me when I'm not aware I delete more thiefs on my war than they do me so problem is?

>

> Excuse me , but even i know when a thielf uses ini to get stealth .... he gets it backs every sec while he is stealth

Yeah hence the 3 or 4 ini returned by engagement. If time elapses than another black powder and HS combo'ing uses it up again. If a thief attacks before stealths end usually few seconds or 5 tops after invisibility that's 5 tops so less than half global resource still gone, usually the engagements is sooner making ini return less. If it's more than 6 or so secs usually thief's gonna restealth

> > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > > > Things did change though post patch for Thief vs X. Before the patch the Thief was very squishy, it could be downed easily by any real burst and even cleave damage. This felt balanced against what thief could do, and the fact that they do not play around cooldowns like the rest of the classes in GW2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now most bursts are not hitting anywhere near as high, and the harder hitting CC's are doing almost zero damage this is making taking down Thief's in the very small windows you get very difficult now. Lets face it, versus the thief class you only really get small windows to apply your damage. The rest of the time its, blind, blind, evade, evade, teleport, teleport, stealth, stealth, etc.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As long as I can burst the thief reliably then all the blinds, evades, and stealth's are somewhat acceptable. Post patch this has been flipped on its head, the window is gone now, and thief holds the advantage.

> > > > >

> > > > > A spellbreaker can delete 10k of 11k health in one f1.

> > > > > One bullscharge,100 blades and f1 on core deletes a marauder thief, I've done it using frenzy as its ur friend.

> > > >

> > > > HuH they used 2 utilities skills , so there must have only 1 defensive

> > > > How much again a thief doing 10k malicious backstab , has used their utilities ... ?

> > > > some1 will say that they have stocked defensive ones instead of attacking ones like Warrior

> > >

> > > Well for one if it's long duration stealth they used smoke screen utility. If they used black powder and HS to gain the stealth to surprise the opponent with a backstab the prob have 3 or 4 ini by time they attack. I'd say having half or more of ur global resources gone at time of attack trumps others using two utilities, at least in my opinion. Stealth upkeep isn't free. Even now with core war not having splb inflated f1 still unless a thief gets a jump on me when I'm not aware I delete more thiefs on my war than they do me so problem is?

> >

> > Excuse me , but even i know when a thielf uses ini to get stealth .... he gets it backs every sec while he is stealth

>

> Yeah hence the 3 or 4 ini returned by engagement. If time elapses than another black powder and HS combo'ing uses it up again. If a thief attacks before stealths end usually few seconds or 5 tops after invisibility that's 5 tops so less than half global resource still gone, usually the engagements is sooner making ini return less. If it's more than 6 or so secs usually thief's gonna restealth

Yes.... if timed elapsed..... to do 3-4 backstab ...to have proper 8 sec battle

Not do 10k backstab ... the victim has less than 45% hp +you still retain 11 from them 15 ini left + 3 defensive utilities ready to bail you out

> > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > > > > Things did change though post patch for Thief vs X. Before the patch the Thief was very squishy, it could be downed easily by any real burst and even cleave damage. This felt balanced against what thief could do, and the fact that they do not play around cooldowns like the rest of the classes in GW2.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now most bursts are not hitting anywhere near as high, and the harder hitting CC's are doing almost zero damage this is making taking down Thief's in the very small windows you get very difficult now. Lets face it, versus the thief class you only really get small windows to apply your damage. The rest of the time its, blind, blind, evade, evade, teleport, teleport, stealth, stealth, etc.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As long as I can burst the thief reliably then all the blinds, evades, and stealth's are somewhat acceptable. Post patch this has been flipped on its head, the window is gone now, and thief holds the advantage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A spellbreaker can delete 10k of 11k health in one f1.

> > > > > > One bullscharge,100 blades and f1 on core deletes a marauder thief, I've done it using frenzy as its ur friend.

> > > > >

> > > > > HuH they used 2 utilities skills , so there must have only 1 defensive

> > > > > How much again a thief doing 10k malicious backstab , has used their utilities ... ?

> > > > > some1 will say that they have stocked defensive ones instead of attacking ones like Warrior

> > > >

> > > > Well for one if it's long duration stealth they used smoke screen utility. If they used black powder and HS to gain the stealth to surprise the opponent with a backstab the prob have 3 or 4 ini by time they attack. I'd say having half or more of ur global resources gone at time of attack trumps others using two utilities, at least in my opinion. Stealth upkeep isn't free. Even now with core war not having splb inflated f1 still unless a thief gets a jump on me when I'm not aware I delete more thiefs on my war than they do me so problem is?

> > >

> > > Excuse me , but even i know when a thielf uses ini to get stealth .... he gets it backs every sec while he is stealth

> >

> > Yeah hence the 3 or 4 ini returned by engagement. If time elapses than another black powder and HS combo'ing uses it up again. If a thief attacks before stealths end usually few seconds or 5 tops after invisibility that's 5 tops so less than half global resource still gone, usually the engagements is sooner making ini return less. If it's more than 6 or so secs usually thief's gonna restealth

>

> Yes.... if timed elapsed..... to do 3-4 backstab ...to have proper 8 sec battle

> Not do 10k backstab ... the victim has less than 45% hp +you still retain 11 from them 15 ini left + 3 defensive utilities ready to bail you out

So u think a thief thst spends 8 ini of

15 to blackpowder-HS to immediate backstab will have already got back from 7 ini to 11? One combo cost 8 ini and 11 ini of 15 if two HS are performed so that would leave 5 ini tops if tele backstab was done immediate after, even if thief waits until near stealths end they would still be a couple ini over half their global resource which is still hampering the thief. Sry I may be misunderstanding u.

> > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > > > > > Things did change though post patch for Thief vs X. Before the patch the Thief was very squishy, it could be downed easily by any real burst and even cleave damage. This felt balanced against what thief could do, and the fact that they do not play around cooldowns like the rest of the classes in GW2.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now most bursts are not hitting anywhere near as high, and the harder hitting CC's are doing almost zero damage this is making taking down Thief's in the very small windows you get very difficult now. Lets face it, versus the thief class you only really get small windows to apply your damage. The rest of the time its, blind, blind, evade, evade, teleport, teleport, stealth, stealth, etc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As long as I can burst the thief reliably then all the blinds, evades, and stealth's are somewhat acceptable. Post patch this has been flipped on its head, the window is gone now, and thief holds the advantage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A spellbreaker can delete 10k of 11k health in one f1.

> > > > > > > One bullscharge,100 blades and f1 on core deletes a marauder thief, I've done it using frenzy as its ur friend.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > HuH they used 2 utilities skills , so there must have only 1 defensive

> > > > > > How much again a thief doing 10k malicious backstab , has used their utilities ... ?

> > > > > > some1 will say that they have stocked defensive ones instead of attacking ones like Warrior

> > > > >

> > > > > Well for one if it's long duration stealth they used smoke screen utility. If they used black powder and HS to gain the stealth to surprise the opponent with a backstab the prob have 3 or 4 ini by time they attack. I'd say having half or more of ur global resources gone at time of attack trumps others using two utilities, at least in my opinion. Stealth upkeep isn't free. Even now with core war not having splb inflated f1 still unless a thief gets a jump on me when I'm not aware I delete more thiefs on my war than they do me so problem is?

> > > >

> > > > Excuse me , but even i know when a thielf uses ini to get stealth .... he gets it backs every sec while he is stealth

> > >

> > > Yeah hence the 3 or 4 ini returned by engagement. If time elapses than another black powder and HS combo'ing uses it up again. If a thief attacks before stealths end usually few seconds or 5 tops after invisibility that's 5 tops so less than half global resource still gone, usually the engagements is sooner making ini return less. If it's more than 6 or so secs usually thief's gonna restealth

> >

> > Yes.... if timed elapsed..... to do 3-4 backstab ...to have proper 8 sec battle

> > Not do 10k backstab ... the victim has less than 45% hp +you still retain 11 from them 15 ini left + 3 defensive utilities ready to bail you out

>

> So u think a thief thst spends 8 ini of

> 15 to blackpowder-HS to immediate backstab will have already got back from 7 ini to 11? One combo cost 8 ini and 11 ini of 15 if two HS are performed so that would leave 5 ini tops if tele backstab was done immediate after, even if thief waits until near stealths end they would still be a couple ini over half their global resource which is still hampering the thief.

Coomon we both know , that even more ini demanding specs like S/D + Stuff , ppl are using traits to not run run out of ini .

Even more Riffle Theifs that does Malicious backstab , doesnt need to spent any combo ini .

But simply push 1 dodge to stealth

Or traits of a Dfensive line , that give steal >stealth

> > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > > > > > > > Things did change though post patch for Thief vs X. Before the patch the Thief was very squishy, it could be downed easily by any real burst and even cleave damage. This felt balanced against what thief could do, and the fact that they do not play around cooldowns like the rest of the classes in GW2.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Now most bursts are not hitting anywhere near as high, and the harder hitting CC's are doing almost zero damage this is making taking down Thief's in the very small windows you get very difficult now. Lets face it, versus the thief class you only really get small windows to apply your damage. The rest of the time its, blind, blind, evade, evade, teleport, teleport, stealth, stealth, etc.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As long as I can burst the thief reliably then all the blinds, evades, and stealth's are somewhat acceptable. Post patch this has been flipped on its head, the window is gone now, and thief holds the advantage.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A spellbreaker can delete 10k of 11k health in one f1.

> > > > > > > > One bullscharge,100 blades and f1 on core deletes a marauder thief, I've done it using frenzy as its ur friend.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > HuH they used 2 utilities skills , so there must have only 1 defensive

> > > > > > > How much again a thief doing 10k malicious backstab , has used their utilities ... ?

> > > > > > > some1 will say that they have stocked defensive ones instead of attacking ones like Warrior

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well for one if it's long duration stealth they used smoke screen utility. If they used black powder and HS to gain the stealth to surprise the opponent with a backstab the prob have 3 or 4 ini by time they attack. I'd say having half or more of ur global resources gone at time of attack trumps others using two utilities, at least in my opinion. Stealth upkeep isn't free. Even now with core war not having splb inflated f1 still unless a thief gets a jump on me when I'm not aware I delete more thiefs on my war than they do me so problem is?

> > > > >

> > > > > Excuse me , but even i know when a thielf uses ini to get stealth .... he gets it backs every sec while he is stealth

> > > >

> > > > Yeah hence the 3 or 4 ini returned by engagement. If time elapses than another black powder and HS combo'ing uses it up again. If a thief attacks before stealths end usually few seconds or 5 tops after invisibility that's 5 tops so less than half global resource still gone, usually the engagements is sooner making ini return less. If it's more than 6 or so secs usually thief's gonna restealth

> > >

> > > Yes.... if timed elapsed..... to do 3-4 backstab ...to have proper 8 sec battle

> > > Not do 10k backstab ... the victim has less than 45% hp +you still retain 11 from them 15 ini left + 3 defensive utilities ready to bail you out

> >

> > So u think a thief thst spends 8 ini of

> > 15 to blackpowder-HS to immediate backstab will have already got back from 7 ini to 11? One combo cost 8 ini and 11 ini of 15 if two HS are performed so that would leave 5 ini tops if tele backstab was done immediate after, even if thief waits until near stealths end they would still be a couple ini over half their global resource which is still hampering the thief.

>

> Coomon we both know , that even more ini demanding specs like S/D + Stuff , ppl are using traits to not run run out of ini .

> Even more Riffle Theifs that does Malicious backstab , doesnt need to spent any combo ini .

> But simply push 1 dodge to stealth

> Or traits that give steal >stealth

I run smokescreen, assassin sig, shadowstep, withdrawal and bssi or daggerstorm- no ini gaining utilities other than ini gain from steal. Due to needing CS or DA to do enough damage to have a chance in engagements due to dps nerfs and everyone's now higher sustain I don't run shadow arts anymore so dont get the extra 1 ini every 3 sec while stealth'd which helped.

Imo if people's builds require the use of ini utility's to make them functional that speaks to a over all issue of ini costs. Speaks to why most thief builds are to reliant on prepardness trait.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> Game is filled with people using Macros and multi-button mice. The mechanics should make their use pointless... we NEED global cooldowns. The initiative system is horrible for victims.

I main necro... I use a multi button mouse.

I mean YOU can skill click, but I am not gonna...

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> I don't care if I get death threats, but I would think it's high time Leap finisher got removed from Heart Seeker.

>

> Thieves have abused Stealth combos for so long and so much that they are basically married to the idea that Thief is useless without Stealth.

> Time to seriously take it from them and force them to actually play the game instead of cheesing with endless Stealth spam.

All that would do is kill the D/P weaponset alltogether (much as I hate it, the backstab burst builds are the only viable version of D/P right now ever since Pulmonary Impact was deleted), and force Thieves to play S/D again for the 5th year in a row. Dont know about you, but Im kinda bored of S/D now.

Anyway, nah, that is a terrible change. Sure, it fixes the permastealth issue, but it also means that stealth might as well not exist, and thief has an entire traitline that becomes useless overnight. Id put a cap on stealth duration, maybe make reveal scale with how long you were in stealth, something to fix permastealth without hitting the (Already underperforming) in-combat stealth.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I knew it. heartseek OP

> **nerf teef**

> @"sayori.4836" said:

> Deadeye needs to be looked at and nerfed.

> Full 'zerker warrior but nearly 11k backstab out of stealth and nearly 9k heartseeker which is spammable is NOT okay. My friend who was on necro got hit even harder.

> And there are those uncatchable perma deadeye thieves with almost perma stealth...again.

> This really has to be addressed. The patch was good, made some changes in the right direction but thieve managed to slip between the nerfs again.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/KYPR3DQ.png "")

>

**+1**

**Thief Profession Immunity To Nerfings continues.....**

Heartseeker

(notice the date>>>>**Sep 7, 2012**<<<<)

Backstab

(notice the date>>>>**Nov 14, 2012**<<<<)

-this really never gets old-

8 years later.........**WHERE ARE THE 'NERFS!!!!!''????**

> > @"sayori.4836" said:

> > Deadeye needs to be looked at and nerfed.

> > Full 'zerker warrior but nearly 11k backstab out of stealth and nearly 9k heartseeker which is spammable is NOT okay. My friend who was on necro got hit even harder.

> > And there are those uncatchable perma deadeye thieves with almost perma stealth...again.

> > This really has to be addressed. The patch was good, made some changes in the right direction but thieve managed to slip between the nerfs again.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/KYPR3DQ.png "")

> >

>

> I run full out zerk thief and most high crit heart seekers reach 6k tops but yes I've gotten 10k backstabs also dull dps build but very glass. With ranger pets doing 5k passive damage and spec like fb doing 36k burns in seconds while having crazy sustain for itself and group but yes nerfs thiefs 6-10k if all stars align glass build bursts lol unreal.

> Warriors my jam and their in a tough spot after patch except for splb f1 which will be fixed soon but no reason to nerf thief more, it's been nerfed enough.

You can get 9k heartseekers vs glassy targets while running full marauders. DA Trickery DD with infiltrators runes, executioner and assassin's signet. That's on enemies already on very low health tho. Not sure what DE can do with that personally, but I don't run D/P normally so hey.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> I don't care if I get death threats, but I would think it's high time Leap finisher got removed from Heart Seeker.

>

> Thieves have abused Stealth combos for so long and so much that they are basically married to the idea that Thief is useless without Stealth.

> Time to seriously take it from them and force them to actually play the game instead of cheesing with endless Stealth spam.

That makes no sense, the only thing that needs to be changed is -probably- limiting stealth stacking to 2-3 stacks so it lasts ~6 seconds max (maybe with some other tweaks to prevent perma/nearly-perma stealthing). Instead here you are with your abomination of an idea that aims the whole profession's playstyle with a weapon instead of an actual problem. Good job.

I'm glad I haven't played competitively since, like 2014. It's all the crying that ruined the game and why many veterans left. I can understand if someone doesn't build correctly for every encounter, but don't blame a class for lack of skill. I am in no way exceptional at the PVP anymore, but if there needs to be a nerf, it is for condition necro and revenant. Unless you've played since 2012 you won't know what a true OP Thief is, Perma trapper stealth was the only great thing thiefs had back then, followed by teleport stack heart seek, and backstab nuke thief. Thief needs to be left alone the class is practically useless at this point

> @"sayori.4836" said:

> ...

> Full 'zerker warrior but nearly...

Yes. With less statistical defense the enemy's attacks will hit harder. That is how damage in GW2 gets calculated in simplest terms. I'm glad we could all share this observation. Any chance we can buff Thieves Guild so I can get an invite from those NPCs at least? I'm so lonely.

D:

> @"sayori.4836" said:

> Deadeye needs to be looked at and nerfed.

> **Full 'zerker warrior** but nearly 11k backstab out of stealth and nearly 9k heartseeker which is spammable is NOT okay. My friend who was on necro got hit even harder.

> And there are those uncatchable perma deadeye thieves with almost perma stealth...again.

Yes because WvW is littered with thieves. Zergs carry to many of them so there is never any room for my firebrand or scourge....

While we’re at it, Scourge and Firebrands need buffs because clearly they are underpowered because we rarely see them roaming. Seeing as WvW is built around roaming; thieves, rangers, mesmers, and warriors need massive nerfs across the board because that’s all we see in zergs...

This is why this forum needs to have a roaming/small group forum completely separate from WvW. Too many changes are being made based on a play style the mode isn’t built around.

I built my own Thief (reminder: Lowest HP pool on Medium Armor) with full marauder + durability rune will survive a 1MBS spec (incl the sigil(s)proc).

Guess what happens when you survive it? The thief is out of juice and will die pitifully when it's your turn to counter act.

Pre-patch it was 18-19k 1MBS openers, now it's less. It's easier now to survive those gank attempts.

You choose to be geared up to try to attempt the same fast TTK burst specs and you try to deny the right for others to attempt the same. It's a play/spec choice. I hate dying, and runnning back so I adapted my build and playstyle long ago.