Stealth needs a trade-off

Rickster.8752

> @"Rickster.8752" said:

> Stealth is oppressive to the game and needs some sort of trade off.

>

> Ideas:

> - Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in stealth

> - Power is reduced by 400-500 when in stealth and for 3 seconds after coming out of stealth (to stop stealth 1-shots)

> - Once you come out of stealth you cannot re-stealth for another 20 seconds

> - Players are removed from stealth when another player is within 600 range of them

> - Skills do not recharge whilst stealthed

>

> I am sure others have ideas. Stealth needs to come with trade offs and there needs to be counter-play available to stealth-ed characters.

++ this so much!

Also we can deal the same way with the other cancer mechanics:

Necromancer

- Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in shroud

- Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when in shroud and for 3 seconds after coming out of shroud

- Once you come out of shroud you cannot re-shroud for another 20 seconds

- Players are removed from shroud when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

- Skills do not recharge whilst in shroud

Ranger

Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower while having a pet

- Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when while having a pet and for 3 seconds after pet died

- Once your pet died or you change a pet you cannot summon another pet for 20 seconds

- Pets are removed when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

- Skills do not recharge while having a pet

Add your suggestions for different classes!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mehelpu.7160" said:

> > @"Rickster.8752" said:

> > Stealth is oppressive to the game and needs some sort of trade off.

> >

> > Ideas:

> > - Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in stealth

> > - Power is reduced by 400-500 when in stealth and for 3 seconds after coming out of stealth (to stop stealth 1-shots)

> > - Once you come out of stealth you cannot re-stealth for another 20 seconds

> > - Players are removed from stealth when another player is within 600 range of them

> > - Skills do not recharge whilst stealthed

> >

> > I am sure others have ideas. Stealth needs to come with trade offs and there needs to be counter-play available to stealth-ed characters.

>

> ++ this so much!

>

> Also we can deal the same way with the other cancer mechanics:

>

> Necromancer

> - Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in shroud

> - Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when in shroud and for 3 seconds after coming out of shroud

> - Once you come out of shroud you cannot re-shroud for another 20 seconds

> - Players are removed from shroud when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

> - Skills do not recharge whilst in shroud

>

> Ranger

> Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower while having a pet

> - Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when while having a pet and for 3 seconds after pet died

> - Once your pet died or you change a pet you cannot summon another pet for 20 seconds

> - Pets are removed when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

> - Skills do not recharge while having a pet

>

> Add your suggestions for different classes!

>

Isn't necro the slowest bugger in the bunch with least amount of cc prevention, that is the drawback for them 1 1/2 cast time 4k crit gravediggers man, for some reason i though being slow as fuck was the drawback to be able to hit really hard but it doesn't really work if the fastest class hits harder. There is no clear direction for the drawbacks on classes, there are some drawbacks that do fuck all like the soul beast having one pet or the overheat on holo.

People don't like stealth cause it is badly implemented here, it doesn't work like in other games there is no fumble chance, there is no way to make turn the flow of battle around, there isn't much back and fourth.

I'm quite certain that people went for the bunker condi cc meta that it is now just to don't get bothered by thief cheese, so we now get even dumber cheese. Yey now everyone is a flying brick spewing poisonous farts.

> @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> Just make the person like transparent but untargetable while stealthed, maybe reduce the damage they take as compensation. That way they're always visible and the same mechanics still apply like Aoe is good, skill tracking still exists, but you cant get suprised by somone coming out of the nothingness anymore

This

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"mehelpu.7160" said:

> > > @"Rickster.8752" said:

> > > Stealth is oppressive to the game and needs some sort of trade off.

> > >

> > > Ideas:

> > > - Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in stealth

> > > - Power is reduced by 400-500 when in stealth and for 3 seconds after coming out of stealth (to stop stealth 1-shots)

> > > - Once you come out of stealth you cannot re-stealth for another 20 seconds

> > > - Players are removed from stealth when another player is within 600 range of them

> > > - Skills do not recharge whilst stealthed

> > >

> > > I am sure others have ideas. Stealth needs to come with trade offs and there needs to be counter-play available to stealth-ed characters.

> >

> > ++ this so much!

> >

> > Also we can deal the same way with the other cancer mechanics:

> >

> > Necromancer

> > - Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in shroud

> > - Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when in shroud and for 3 seconds after coming out of shroud

> > - Once you come out of shroud you cannot re-shroud for another 20 seconds

> > - Players are removed from shroud when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

> > - Skills do not recharge whilst in shroud

> >

> > Ranger

> > Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower while having a pet

> > - Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when while having a pet and for 3 seconds after pet died

> > - Once your pet died or you change a pet you cannot summon another pet for 20 seconds

> > - Pets are removed when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

> > - Skills do not recharge while having a pet

> >

> > Add your suggestions for different classes!

> >

> Isn't necro the slowest kitten in the bunch with least amount of cc prevention, that is the drawback for them 1 1/2 cast time 4k crit gravediggers man, for some reason i though being slow as kitten was the drawback to be able to hit really hard but it doesn't really work if the fastest class hits harder. There is no clear direction for the drawbacks on classes, there are some drawbacks that do kitten all like the soul beast having one pet or the overheat on holo.

> People don't like stealth cause it is badly implemented here, it doesn't work like in other games there is no fumble chance, there is no way to make turn the flow of battle around, there isn't much back and fourth.

> I'm quite certain that people went for the bunker condi cc meta that it is now just to don't get bothered by thief cheese, so we now get even dumber cheese. Yey now everyone is a flying brick spewing poisonous farts.

>

If you want to hit and move like a thief on necro you need to trade your hp (11k base hp only), healing (5k healing only) and all your second/third/N-th hp bars from life force. You also give away any boon corruption, stability/cc immunity, give away defective boons. No minions, no battle transformations with different weapon skill set. Also you get a global CD on both of your weapon sets, so if you used all the skills on weapon set #1 you can't just change weapons and use weapon skills again.

That would be the fair trade-off!

> @"mehelpu.7160" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > @"mehelpu.7160" said:

> > > > @"Rickster.8752" said:

> > > > Stealth is oppressive to the game and needs some sort of trade off.

> > > >

> > > > Ideas:

> > > > - Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in stealth

> > > > - Power is reduced by 400-500 when in stealth and for 3 seconds after coming out of stealth (to stop stealth 1-shots)

> > > > - Once you come out of stealth you cannot re-stealth for another 20 seconds

> > > > - Players are removed from stealth when another player is within 600 range of them

> > > > - Skills do not recharge whilst stealthed

> > > >

> > > > I am sure others have ideas. Stealth needs to come with trade offs and there needs to be counter-play available to stealth-ed characters.

> > >

> > > ++ this so much!

> > >

> > > Also we can deal the same way with the other cancer mechanics:

> > >

> > > Necromancer

> > > - Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower in shroud

> > > - Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when in shroud and for 3 seconds after coming out of shroud

> > > - Once you come out of shroud you cannot re-shroud for another 20 seconds

> > > - Players are removed from shroud when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

> > > - Skills do not recharge whilst in shroud

> > >

> > > Ranger

> > > Movement and endurance-gain is 30% slower while having a pet

> > > - Power and condi dmg is reduced by 400-500 when while having a pet and for 3 seconds after pet died

> > > - Once your pet died or you change a pet you cannot summon another pet for 20 seconds

> > > - Pets are removed when another player is within 600 range of them (I like this personally the most)

> > > - Skills do not recharge while having a pet

> > >

> > > Add your suggestions for different classes!

> > >

> > Isn't necro the slowest kitten in the bunch with least amount of cc prevention, that is the drawback for them 1 1/2 cast time 4k crit gravediggers man, for some reason i though being slow as kitten was the drawback to be able to hit really hard but it doesn't really work if the fastest class hits harder. There is no clear direction for the drawbacks on classes, there are some drawbacks that do kitten all like the soul beast having one pet or the overheat on holo.

> > People don't like stealth cause it is badly implemented here, it doesn't work like in other games there is no fumble chance, there is no way to make turn the flow of battle around, there isn't much back and fourth.

> > I'm quite certain that people went for the bunker condi cc meta that it is now just to don't get bothered by thief cheese, so we now get even dumber cheese. Yey now everyone is a flying brick spewing poisonous farts.

> >

>

> If you want to hit and move like a thief on necro you need to trade your hp (11k base hp only), healing (5k healing only) and all your second/third/N-th hp bars from life force. You also give away any boon corruption, stability/cc immunity, give away defective boons. No minions, no battle transformations with different weapon skill set. Also you get a global CD on both of your weapon sets, so if you used all the skills on weapon set #1 you can't just change weapons and use weapon skills again.

> That would be the fair trade-off!

It is already 5k hp you have to hit people to get life force , there is like 3 seconds of stab somewhere on reaper, minions are pointless , the weapons have cast time of 3/4 at minimum, corrupts got nerfed to one per skill use and it has like 8 seconds of prot if you stack all possible traits, Lich form basic attack hits hard i give you that but the rest is useless and it is a deathtrap and most probably life force generation will get shafted next patch and trow reaper to even more useless cause there is this lame condi core bunker build that could be exchanged to anything bunker which would do its job better in 5v5 and having big hp pool means fuck all if you have to face tank all the damage, not taking damage is still way better than getting hit.

I'm all about deleting one of the two thief or necro but there are way more people playing necro cause it still has that risk reward gameplay, you know that feeling when you fucked up and died or you timed your slow ass gravedigger and whacked someone after their dodge and they dropped down.

No one says you can't zap around the map and stealth up it just shouldn't be in the same build that shanks you twice and kills you.

Yeah guys nerf everything to the groundwork no one picks it anymore. The best is we have to stand still to cast. Or better we don’t play pvp at all, what a stupid idea anyways right.

What is the point of this again? Thief has to much stealth up time? Then nerf this shit. Now that you can’t complain about a Condi thief or a mirage that dodges to often you complain about stealth. What’s next? I’m so done with it.. Before HOT we abused players like this. There is a reason we want to play gw2 and not wow or similar stuff...

But this whole nerfing thing got so much out of hand that right now the whole meta melted to a singularity. Every class should be able to beat every class. And because of this every build needs to do everything with a little extra. And here we are with guard Necro ele engi and Ranger. Every time I switch from one of these classes to another one of these I don’t even have to adapt my playstyle. Yeah the skills are a little bit different And I have more problems with this class against that class but that’s it. Sometimes it feels like you look in the mirror entering pvp because there is always the same setup. Maybe I’m wrong but right now I can’t even remember a matchup without a guardian.