Invisible Boots

Okay, this has been on my mind for years and I've always questioned it, but never reached out for answers, so now I'd like to know the full story and all the details.

Why does this item exit?

Why is it so absurdly rare?

Will it ever see a decrease in rarity?

It's not a precursor, it doesn't have unique stats, all it really does is function the same way as a checkbox that hides your armour, yet it is one of, if not the most, valuable item in the entire game, and getting one is nothing short of winning the lottery.

Anyone know the story behind this, player or Aenet member?

Dev Matthew Medina is behind this. He loves being barefoot and upon request to get a check for foot armor that was declined these boots were added.

They're valuable because they are rare, pretty much. I want to have them, but I wouldn't want them to be any less rare. That would just take away from the novelty of it at this point. Issue is that you only have 1 chance per Treasure Mushroom a day, so on top of being low drop rate they are extra extra rare because of how limited the chances at them are. I think they were added to some festival boxes as well though.

Invisible shoes are very far from most valuable. It isn't even half way to the price limit of the TP yet and there are stuff that goes over the price limit of the TP.

The mechanics reason for why they are rare is because each account only has 8 chances per day to get them. On top of that most of them are in out of the way places. As If that wasn't enough you also need the stealth detection mastery although there are some ways around this one.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> I think they were added to some festival boxes as well though.

Yes ...but the drop rate from those are also extremely low. For example from the 388,888 Zephyrite Supply Boxes opened only 3 of these dropped. That is a drop rate of 0.0007%

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > I think they were added to some festival boxes as well though.

>

> Yes ...but the drop rate from those are also extremely low. For example from the 388,888 Zephyrite Supply Boxes opened only 3 of these dropped. That is a drop rate of 0.0007%

>

This appeals to my inner statistician. I like you. Have my like.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Imagine gouging your entire player base for time, energy and gold just to avoid adding a single checkbox. I don't normally complain about stuff like this, being a gamedev myself, but this is an extreme example even for the games industry.

I think it's fine this way since you can tell people you have an exclusive item that barely anyone has outside of one Anet employee and a very select few individuals. If I had the gold, I'd buy them just to get them.

> @"Kanok.3027" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > Imagine gouging your entire player base for time, energy and gold just to avoid adding a single checkbox. I don't normally complain about stuff like this, being a gamedev myself, but this is an extreme example even for the games industry.

>

> I think it's fine this way since you can tell people you have an exclusive item that barely anyone has outside of one Anet employee and a very select few individuals. If I had the gold, I'd buy them just to get them.

In this case ... not really.

- how often do you look at people's shoes?

- indistinguishable from not wearing any shoes

- indistinguishable from broken shoes

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Imagine gouging your entire player base for time, energy and gold just to avoid adding a single checkbox. I don't normally complain about stuff like this, being a gamedev myself, but this is an extreme example even for the games industry.

I can’t call it gouging.

It’s time. Not gold unless you choose to buy outright.

There should always be some ultra rare items.