Runic Cape????

I really want the runic cape, but if it means having to do strike missions with groups of people who are already familiar with hard bosses like raids etc. then I don't think I'll ever be able to get the cape. I'm fine with the forging steel mission, but I don't think it rewards cape fragments. Like Ogwom, I too have already opened the chest because I didn't know that it's better to save for greater rewards :-(

> @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> I really want the runic cape, but if it means having to do strike missions with groups of people who are already familiar with hard bosses like raids etc. then I don't think I'll ever be able to get the cape. I'm fine with the forging steel mission, but I don't think it rewards cape fragments. Like Ogwom, I too have already opened the chest because I didn't know that it's better to save for greater rewards :-(

Did the Whisper last night for the first time with a free join squad, no gear checking or anything, just got lucky that knowledgeable people, one anet employee , and a really stellar Druid player joined

Wiped once and then beat it a second time

To my knowledge it's considered the hardest aside from maybe boneskinner

It helps to know what to do in the fight (don't kill your allies with the chains in whisper) and have an optimal build but you don't need to be an expert by any means

I just joined a chill WoJ group to help these people beat the boss. People who joined were mostly first-timers and they were afraid to actually join other groups.

A lot of groups are advertising saying 'have X amount of li and if you have low dps = kick' ...so it pours extra fear into people.

I stuck to the end with these guys. We wiped and wiped, but in the end we got it. We also did Boneskinner after that too and people couldn't have been happier.

Make a chill group, ask for patience and just blast through it. Once you get familiar with the fight and set-up your build properly, you won't have troubles beating this on a daily basis.

In any case, if you don't want to do hard strike missions, just do easy ones! With a proper squad team or even public, you can defeat those without much hassle!

But the new story strike rewards the most of these crystals, so you may as well just skip Boss Strikes and do Story Strike.

Imo, it's not too bad and this patch really gives me some good GW1 vibes.

> @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> I really want the runic cape, but if it means having to do strike missions with groups of people who are already familiar with hard bosses like raids etc. then I don't think I'll ever be able to get the cape. I'm fine with the forging steel mission, but I don't think it rewards cape fragments. Like Ogwom, I too have already opened the chest because I didn't know that it's better to save for greater rewards :-(

Steel rewards 3 cape scraps. The other that i did groth duo and raven only 1 so spam steel and I bet scarps in weekly chest to and as you spam steel you get shards to turn into crystals so never really have to join any other strike if you don't want

All the strikes reward 1 scrap, Forging Steel rewards 3 to compensate for it's length.

The unlock item required for this achievement is available once any of the 5 weapons is fully upgraded. The **scraps are only rewarded once the achievement is unlocked**.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Runic_Cape

The corresponding achievements is called: Strike While the Crystal is Hot

> @"Jables.4659" said:

> > The name of the achievement finally made sense after reading this sentence. :)

>

> Lol, I had the same realization during my 5 hour farming session.

>

>

It took five hours of which Strike to get the 100 scraps? Or, was it longer and the five hour session was just when realization came?

> @"SkyCakeLight.3750" said:

> It took five hours of which Strike to get the 100 scraps? Or, was it longer and the five hour session was just when realization came?

I had initially done the whisper daily and a few others because I had wrongfully believed that the cape scraps were a once daily per strike thing. I had 10 scraps when I realized that you could spam a strike repeatedly and keep getting them. To get the remaining 90, I think it was about 5 hours of the Voice and Claw of the Fallen strike, but I wasn't really keeping track of time (The University I attend extended our spring break by an extra week because of the virus so I have a lot of free time right now).

> @"Jables.4659" said:

> > @"SkyCakeLight.3750" said:

>

> > It took five hours of which Strike to get the 100 scraps? Or, was it longer and the five hour session was just when realization came?

> I had initially done the whisper daily and a few others because I had wrongfully believed that the cape scraps were a once daily per strike thing. I had 10 scraps when I realized that you could spam a strike repeatedly and keep getting them. To get the remaining 90, I think it was about 5 hours of the Voice and Claw of the Fallen strike, but I wasn't really keeping track of time (The University I attend extended our spring break by an extra week because of the virus so I have a lot of free time right now).

>

>

Thank you very much! I really want this cape and just started collecting scraps. This is a great help.