What is Longbow even for now?

Drennon.7190

This got me thinking. I've never liked the LB but I'm considering a massive burning guardian. Right now I've managed to edit builder me a 22second burn on LB#4.

Weapon swap to sword/torch.

Could be fun. (I'm not a meta build person)

Side Note: Is there much in the way of a 'crusader' guardian via crusader runes? I'm loving this Hammer Staff support/cc thing I'm putting together.

edit: The crusader sounds more like wvw but I'm pumped either way!!!!

I mean, the OP is correct, the LB is still a garbage weapon. I'm in the process of gathering the mats for Pharus, as I have always liked the skin and the effects, but if ANET guts Burn DH (which is very likely), then I would have no reason to ever equip it on my Guard, and the same goes with Ranger in any PvE content that matters, and I'm not sure if ANET even remembers that Warrior can equip a Longbow.

I wouldn't even equip a LB on my DH for OW use - sword or sceptre would still be the superior choice.

Right now im kind of in a holding pattern, waiting to see if ANET drops the hammer on Burn DH or not before I commit to crafting a legendary weapon that is worthless on any other build in any other part of the game.

> @"Sandzibar.5134" said:

> > @"Drennon.7190" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > I use it regularly in PvE on Bosses that _I_ simply can't get close to.

> >

> >

> > Isn’t scepter more DPS?

> >

>

> FAR more.

>

> But it doesnt look as cool - its the sort of thing a disgusting light armour class would use. Urgh.

Yeah, but it's hard to see how goofy sceptre looks with the Arc window covering most of your screen, as that's all that matters. :open_mouth:

> @"Drennon.7190" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > I use it regularly in PvE on Bosses that _I_ simply can't get close to.

>

>

> Isn’t scepter more DPS?

>

Not only is scepter more (as is sword), but if you're hanging back out of range, you're not getting might/alacrity from the Rene or Quickness from the FB, which means your DPS tanks even further.

I see the same argument made about the anomoly in Thaum, when if everyone just stacked on the same tile and rotated cooldowns, the boss dies a lot quicker vs. people running in every direction using ranged weapons to plink at the boss, self-empowered with only 5 stacks of might and no other boons....

Before you say anything meta damage wise, I know its very wrong but I play long/short bow and have done since the beginning.

The Essence drops in Bjora Marches do force me to get closer but for the most part I like to see what i'm doing rather than just standing close and mashing buttons.

> @"Drennon.7190" said:

> Isn’t scepter more DPS?

I simply don't like Scepter and only have a condi one for my rare instances of playing Firebrand once in a blue moon.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Not only is scepter more (as is sword), but if you're hanging back out of range, you're not getting might/alacrity from the Rene or Quickness from the FB, which means your DPS tanks even further.

Seeing as I don't usually have either in my T3 runs and I'm not a Meta-elitist anyway, these hardly matter.

I wish ANet would either play test these changes or reach out to a group of dedicated PvP/WvW long term players that main the class in question before making adjustments to them. Longbow is utter garbage now ._.

It was "okay" at best pre-patch. Deflecting shot isn't worth casting 80% of the time now. Only useful when running away and even then its terrible

Needs to deal some damage again and have its 0.25s cast time back.

While im speaking about it, **ALL SKILL SHOTS SHOULD DO DAMAGE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ITS A CC ABILITY.**

Skillshots, especially those with a cast time and incredibly slow travel time NEED to be impactful.