Ha, April 1st Giant cats are awesome!!!

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> Its cat-astrophic I say!

>

>

> Very cute. Loved t he patch notes as well.

I loved the patch notes too, especially the dragonhunter one!

But now there's some I wish were real, like being able to shatter a random, nameless NPC if you're a mesmer without any illusions, or rangers being able to reward their pets.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Taylan.2187" said:

> In case anyone didn't notice yet: there is one in every major city, and they all use different models, but almost all use existing cat models. The one in Rata Sum however is different: it's a new cat model I think (has a little SAB bell on its collar), it's not as gigantic as the others, it floats in the air, and YOU CAN TOUCH IT! Just makes you fall off your mount though.

>

> I wonder if it has some meaning.

The Witch Cat also makes you fall if you get too close, I imagine it's to avoid people clipping through them, Most of the others are just out of bound

> @"Taylan.2187" said:

> In case anyone didn't notice yet: there is one in every major city, and they all use different models, but almost all use existing cat models. The one in Rata Sum however is different: it's a new cat model I think (has a little SAB bell on its collar), it's not as gigantic as the others, it floats in the air, and YOU CAN TOUCH IT! Just makes you fall off your mount though.

>

> I wonder if it has some meaning.

Actually it is the same model as the home instance cat you could get from SAB. A Scottish Fold with a blue bauble collar. It is the only home instance cat with a title I believe

> @"Yrch.5491" said:

> I am actually finding it annoying. I dont want a cat meowing in my ear while i play. I didn't realize this was going to happen when I drank the elixir, guess I'll try logging back on after this is over. Annoying.

The effect only lasts an hour, and if it's so annoying, use another utility item and sell those potions in the TP. It's really easy to avoid the catmare.

> @"Yrch.5491" said:

> I am actually finding it annoying. I dont want a cat meowing in my ear while i play. I didn't realize this was going to happen when I drank the elixir, guess I'll try logging back on after this is over. Annoying.

There's no need to stay offline until the event is over. The elixir's effect only lasts 1 hour, so you can just log into the character you used it on, turn the sound off and/or go afk for an hour and the effect is gone. Sell any remaining potions on the Trading Post and you won't have to worry about it again.

I'm wondering what this means for the lore. Does it mean these cats were always there, but we just couldn't see them until we took the potion? The implication if that's the case is there are Giant cats observing all of the major hubs of Tyrian civilization. What is their purpose?

> @"Mordayn.6198" said:

> I'm wondering what this means for the lore. Does it mean these cats were always there, but we just couldn't see them until we took the potion? The implication if that's the case is there are Giant cats observing all of the major hubs of Tyrian civilization. What is their purpose?

It means ANet sold the rights to the game to Hello Kitty and there will be some changes to the game from our new feline overlords.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Mordayn.6198" said:

> > I'm wondering what this means for the lore. Does it mean these cats were always there, but we just couldn't see them until we took the potion? The implication if that's the case is there are Giant cats observing all of the major hubs of Tyrian civilization. What is their purpose?

>

> It means ANet sold the rights to the game to Hello Kitty and there will be some changes to the game from our new feline overlords.

>

I live with 5 cat. They have always been my overlords.

I've heard so many rumours about hidden achievements related to the cats that I don't know what to believe any more. Everything ranging from an achievement just for seeing all of them which only becomes visible if you stand in just the right spot to qualify to rumours of a mystic forge recipe for a giant burger which you feed to the burger cat to get it in your home instance.

As far as I can tell none of them are true, but it does make me wonder if there's more to it than just cats spawning while you use the potion.