Humbly requesting a way to turn off legendary trinket effects

I crafted them soley for their stat-swapping and character sharing capabilities. My main is a mesmer and with up to 4 copies of me with all that going on it seriously slows my pc down. Turning graphics to their lowest settings barely helps.

Suggestions:

- Global: Add a checkbox in the Options panel, disable all legendary trinket effects.

- Individual: Checkboxes for the trinkets similar to helm, shoulders, gloves and weapons in the Equipment panel.

- Perhaps an option to turn them off via the Customize panel.

- Lastly, and less fair imo, if there are now Mystic Forge recipes to turn on effects for Competitive legendary trinkets, can't there be a recipe to turn off effects for legendary trinkets, both PVE & Competitive?

Maybe as many have suggested in the Legendary Equipment and Templates thread this option could be incorporated with that update?

Thank You

+1 to this

the only reason i never even bothered to start the collections for the legendary trinkets is that i have absolutly no desire to be a walking christmas tree surrounded by floating balls.

I prefer to keep my characters less to non flashy.

Thanks to everyone that viewed and for the comments, I really appreciate it.

Blude.6812

Something that might help with that, disregard if you've already tried it.

Options/Graphics, set:

- Character Model Limit: LOWEST

- Character Model Quality: LOWEST

Might want to make sure that in

Options/General:

- Show All Player Names is checked, in case you need to keep track of your party/squad or other players.

Ronan.9518

Thanks for the support. Taste is definitely subjective. Considering how much customization of our characters is a part of the game, it makes sense that, like you, others might like/want to create these trinkets but don't b/c of their effects. This could translate to a potential loss for the in-game economy as many would (if they could) buy mats to speed things up.

I brought up this subject, again, because with the addition of Competitive trinkets and the ability to turn on their effects it seemed the devs had "opened the door" to this option.

Additionally seeing the planning/development re: [[Legendary Armory](http://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100933/legendary-equipment-and-templates/p1)], I thought the time might be right to address the subject.

Thanks

I think there should be an option to turn off other players, because let's be honest while taste is subjective, there is some real visual diary out there with people stacking infusions and legendaries, add the trinkets on top. While their at it they should add a second option to disable our own as well for times when we need optimal performance and no distractions.

Take it one step further and have a checkbox that turns off effects from legendary weapons as well, i dont want to go blind whenever someone with nevermore crits.

And while at it one for infusions as well, with the option to be just for you, just for all others pr everyone.

I'd be OK with Anet re-doing the achievements for Aurora, Vision and Coalescence, so like Conflux and Transcendence, there's **Slumbering Versions** that can be made.

NOTE: as far as the legendary accessories, I have both Aurora and Vision. And I'd be willing to do the achievements again to make slumbering versions of them for when I don't want the flashiness.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Take it one step further and have a checkbox that turns off effects from legendary weapons as well, i dont want to go blind whenever someone with nevermore crits.

>

> And while at it one for infusions as well, with the option to be just for you, just for all others pr everyone.

I'd like to turn off or down the sound for **The Dreamer**, it's ok in a large fight but in dungeons it can get very old, very fast.

> @"MattDu.7123" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Take it one step further and have a checkbox that turns off effects from legendary weapons as well, i dont want to go blind whenever someone with nevermore crits.

> >

> > And while at it one for infusions as well, with the option to be just for you, just for all others pr everyone.

>

> I'd like to turn off or down the sound for **The Dreamer**, it's ok in a large fight but in dungeons it can get very old, very fast.

That's already possible in the sound options.

I want options to disable every single visual thing in the game, examples but not limited to:

* disable: infusions, backpacks, legendary effects/footprints, etc

* default skins for: mounts, weapon, armour, gliders, delivery birds, etc

* default colours for: mounts, gliders, armour, outfit, hair/skin, etc

* disable all friendly players skill effects and aoes

* And probably a bunch more I couldn't remember right now.

* For All players, Everyone not in my party, Everyone but me, everyone including me. etc.

Setting Model Limit/Quality to bottom helps somewhat, but it also removes the distinct look of each character so I can't recognise my friends characters etc, and doesn't hide stuff like backpacks, infusions, glowing plasma pulsing pink glamour puking dragons etc.