For the love of God, Nerf Mesmer already!

ArlAlt.1630

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> I tuned in to Teapot's Teatime only to hear that according to Teapot, Mirage is butchered. Thank the Maker CMC ignored the stipulation. The class is clearly over performing still. Nerf it already ANET!

>

> @ArenaNet

Was it only mirage? I thought it was the entire class which was butchered?

But ye CMC is the MVP, ignored the question like a champ. He just couldnt tell him more nerfs are coming :joy:

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > I tuned in to Teapot's Teatime only to hear that according to Teapot, Mirage is butchered. Thank the Maker CMC ignored the stipulation. The class is clearly over performing still. Nerf it already ANET!

> >

> > @ArenaNet

> Was it only mirage? I thought it was the entire class which was butchered?

> But ye CMC is the MVP, ignored the question like a champ. He just couldnt tell him more nerfs are coming :joy:

Rightfully so, the class is OP as hell.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > I tuned in to Teapot's Teatime only to hear that according to Teapot, Mirage is butchered. Thank the Maker CMC ignored the stipulation. The class is clearly over performing still. Nerf it already ANET!

> >

> > @ArenaNet

> Was it only mirage? I thought it was the entire class which was butchered?

> But ye CMC is the MVP, ignored the question like a champ. He just couldnt tell him more nerfs are coming :joy:

Wait until the next balance patch. Once they nerf your sustain and add the ethereal energy management, you'll have to drink several potions of that s**t before press each of your OP skills to make them work. Mirrors then will no longer damage, instead, they'll come with chairs and let you and your teammates take seat and have a coffee while watching your beauty on them, so finally they'll become very useful.

What has 8 years of unlearned lessons has taught us especially when it comes to nerfing Thief and Mesmer Professions? No Changes=Same Results=Rinse+Repeat

**The solution to Bad Design is not in nerfing but by a completely redesign**

Thief and Mesmer Professions Are Broken Beyond Repair, Redesigning Them Is The Only Way!!

![](https://i.imgur.com/4xgsbkl.jpg "")

Step 1: Give them their dodge back

Step 2: Take distortion away (give it to Chrono, since chaining mirrors already replace this mechanic)

Step 3: Make Ambushes only available when using mirrors (NOT on dodge, Infinite Horizon should only be given to clones on dodge if the trait is picked)

Step 4: Remove any Vigor application from the mirage trait line and give it back to core lines.

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> What has 8 years of unlearned lessons has taught us especially when it comes to nerfing Thief and Mesmer Professions? No Changes=Same Results=Rinse+Repeat

>

> **The solution to Bad Design is not in nerfing but by a completely redesign**

>

> Thief and Mesmer Professions Are Broken Beyond Repair, Redesigning Them Is The Only Way!!

>

I wouldn't say that only thief and mesmer are in this state.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Step 1: Give them their dodge back

>

> Step 2: Take distortion away (give it to Chrono, since chaining mirrors already replace this mechanic)

>

> Step 3: Make Ambushes only available when using mirrors (NOT on dodge, Infinite Horizon should only be given to clones on dodge if the trait is picked)

>

> Step 4: Remove any Vigor application from the mirage trait line and give it back to core lines.

>

> Bonus step:

> Change the property of Mirage Cloak from Distortion (Invuln) to that of Blur (evade), this way conditions will stick but they still get cc and dmg immunity.

the bonus step is already how it works

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > Step 1: Give them their dodge back

> >

> > Step 2: Take distortion away (give it to Chrono, since chaining mirrors already replace this mechanic)

> >

> > Step 3: Make Ambushes only available when using mirrors (NOT on dodge, Infinite Horizon should only be given to clones on dodge if the trait is picked)

> >

> > Step 4: Remove any Vigor application from the mirage trait line and give it back to core lines.

> >

> > Bonus step:

> > Change the property of Mirage Cloak from Distortion (Invuln) to that of Blur (evade), this way conditions will stick but they still get cc and dmg immunity.

>

> the bonus step is already how it works

You are absolutely right, I have no idea where my mind went when I was writing that :astonished:

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Step 1: Give them their dodge back

>

> Step 2: Take distortion away (give it to Chrono, since chaining mirrors already replace this mechanic)

>

> Step 3: Make Ambushes only available when using mirrors (NOT on dodge, Infinite Horizon should only be given to clones on dodge if the trait is picked)

>

> Step 4: Remove any Vigor application from the mirage trait line and give it back to core lines.

Step 1: I agree

Step 2: Mirrors are a shitty mechanic. You would have to give up all your utility slots to make this viable, at which point it wouldn't be viable. Not to mention mirage cloak last for 1 sec, where distort can protect to the mirage for 4 sec at the cost of 3 clones. This is also on a 50sec CD. The only way mirrors replace distort effectively is if they change how you generate a mirror.

Step 3: This wouldn't work well, see the explanation to Step 2. The problem with IH is that the clones apply the damage, giving Mirage the ability to attack around corners and kite for days. IH should instead empower the Mirage ambush based on how many clones are up, similar to a shatter, but ONLY the Mirage ambush applies the damage. That would mean no more attacking around corners or doing damage while cc'd + Mirage Cloak, the Mirage would need LOS on the target for it to take effect. The clones should still do the animation, since that plays into the Mesmer fantasy of being confusing.

Step 4: Vigor up time makes sense in the Mirage line since the whole spec relies on Ambush as a core mechanic. The issue is that Mirage needs dodge for both Offense and Defense, the whole design would need to change to justify reducing Vigor up time without crippling the spec. It's why giving them only one dodge was such a huge nerf. My suggestion for IH would probably solve this to a certain degree, being able to dodge defensively even while CC'd and still apply damage via IH clone ambush is too strong. Its essentially getting a two for one special.

> @"Roarshack.4902" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > Step 1: Give them their dodge back

> >

> > Step 2: Take distortion away (give it to Chrono, since chaining mirrors already replace this mechanic)

> >

> > Step 3: Make Ambushes only available when using mirrors (NOT on dodge, Infinite Horizon should only be given to clones on dodge if the trait is picked)

> >

> > Step 4: Remove any Vigor application from the mirage trait line and give it back to core lines.

>

> Step 1: I agree

>

> Step 2: Mirrors are a kitten mechanic. You would have to give up all your utility slots to make this viable, at which point it wouldn't be viable. Not to mention mirage cloak last for 1 sec, where distort can protect to the mirage for 4 sec at the cost of 3 clones. This is also on a 50sec CD. The only way mirrors replace distort effectively is if they change how you generate a mirror.

>

> Step 3: This wouldn't work well, see the explanation to Step 2. The problem with IH is that the clones apply the damage, giving Mirage the ability to attack around corners and kite for days. IH should instead empower the Mirage ambush based on how many clones are up, similar to a shatter, but ONLY the Mirage ambush applies the damage. That would mean no more attacking around corners or doing damage while cc'd + Mirage Cloak, the Mirage would need LOS on the target for it to take effect. The clones should still do the animation, since that plays into the Mesmer fantasy of being confusing.

>

> Step 4: Vigor up time makes sense in the Mirage line since the whole spec relies on Ambush as a core mechanic. The issue is that Mirage needs dodge for both Offense and Defense, the whole design would need to change to justify reducing Vigor up time without crippling the spec. It's why giving them only one dodge was such a huge nerf. My suggestion for IH would probably solve this to a certain degree, being able to dodge defensively even while CC'd and still apply damage via IH clone ambush is too strong. Its essentially getting a two for one special.

Mirage desperately needs a better source of vigor or some other means to regain endurance, think what they did to the DrD utilities and staff. As it stands now, you get your 1 dodge baited and if you don't have distort or stealth at the ready, you're roadkill.

Edit: I'd give you a :+1: but then you failed to see what the thread was really about, initially. So I'll reserve it for now.

I am sorry, but If you have problems with mesmers (And i believe you mean Mirages) then just admit that you are either bad or your build is =D Never had a single problem with one dodge man, the player must be really good to have any value with it whatsoever..