Remember for expansion: If warriors don't get land spears, we riot.

Just saying... we been saying this for literally years now since even before the first expansion came out. The models already exist, so there is far less work for you to do, you can make it work, and being some sort of Imperial Guard sort of archetype would be nifty.

Or heck, make us paragons and make them 1-handed throwing spears.

> @"Fox Reeveheart.1890" said:

> Just saying... we been saying this for literally years now since even before the first expansion came out. The models already exist, so there is far less work for you to do, you can make it work, and being some sort of Imperial Guard sort of archetype would be nifty.

>

> Or heck, make us paragons and make them 1-handed throwing spears.

I think by now everyone should know that you can’t generalize a group of people here on the forums when making a statement because then you get “we who?” Responses

> @"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:

> > @"Fox Reeveheart.1890" said:

> > Just saying... we been saying this for literally years now since even before the first expansion came out. The models already exist, so there is far less work for you to do, you can make it work, and being some sort of Imperial Guard sort of archetype would be nifty.

> >

> > Or heck, make us paragons and make them 1-handed throwing spears.

>

>

> I think by now everyone should know that you can’t generalize a group of people here on the forums when making a statement because then you get “we who?” Responses

Its more single persons trying to give weight for their oppinions by saying alot of people stand by their oppinon without anything to back that up.

The OP could have just said I instead of we

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:

> > > @"Fox Reeveheart.1890" said:

> > > Just saying... we been saying this for literally years now since even before the first expansion came out. The models already exist, so there is far less work for you to do, you can make it work, and being some sort of Imperial Guard sort of archetype would be nifty.

> > >

> > > Or heck, make us paragons and make them 1-handed throwing spears.

> >

> >

> > I think by now everyone should know that you can’t generalize a group of people here on the forums when making a statement because then you get “we who?” Responses

>

> Its more single persons trying to give weight for their oppinions by saying alot of people stand by their oppinon without anything to back that up.

>

> The OP could have just said I instead of we

Oh no I agree with you completely

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> Spears yes, pistols and staff... kitten kind of warrior is that.

A quote from one of my favorite books.

So maybe the best kind of warrior?

During his lifetime, the greatest blademaster fought over ten thousand times, in battle and single combat. He was defeated once. By a farmer with a quarterstaff! Remember that.”

― Robert Jordan, The Dragon Reborn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterstaff

The oldest surviving English work giving technical information on staff combat dates from the 15th century – it is a brief listing of "strokes of the 2-hand staff", which shares terminology with the preceding "strokes of the 2-hand sword" in the same manuscript.[6] George Silver (1599) explains techniques of short-staff combat and states that the use of other polearms and the two-handed sword are based on the same method.

Later authors on the subject included Joseph Swetnam, Zachary Wylde, and Donald McBane. Silver,[7] Swetnam,[5] and Wylde[8] all agreed that the staff was among the best, if not the very best, of all hand weapons.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > Spears yes, pistols and staff... kitten kind of warrior is that.

>

> A quote from one of my favorite books.

> So maybe the best kind of warrior?

>

> During his lifetime, the greatest blademaster fought over ten thousand times, in battle and single combat. He was defeated once. By a farmer with a quarterstaff! Remember that.”

> ― Robert Jordan, The Dragon Reborn

>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterstaff

> The oldest surviving English work giving technical information on staff combat dates from the 15th century – it is a brief listing of "strokes of the 2-hand staff", which shares terminology with the preceding "strokes of the 2-hand sword" in the same manuscript.[6] George Silver (1599) explains techniques of short-staff combat and states that the use of other polearms and the two-handed sword are based on the same method.

> Later authors on the subject included Joseph Swetnam, Zachary Wylde, and Donald McBane. Silver,[7] Swetnam,[5] and Wylde[8] all agreed that the staff was among the best, if not the very best, of all hand weapons.

Just not a lot you can do with a staff that has not already been done in the game. Spear however :) (rembering Paragon from GW1)

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > Spears yes, pistols and staff... kitten kind of warrior is that.

> >

> > A quote from one of my favorite books.

> > So maybe the best kind of warrior?

> >

> > During his lifetime, the greatest blademaster fought over ten thousand times, in battle and single combat. He was defeated once. By a farmer with a quarterstaff! Remember that.”

> > ― Robert Jordan, The Dragon Reborn

> >

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterstaff

> > The oldest surviving English work giving technical information on staff combat dates from the 15th century – it is a brief listing of "strokes of the 2-hand staff", which shares terminology with the preceding "strokes of the 2-hand sword" in the same manuscript.[6] George Silver (1599) explains techniques of short-staff combat and states that the use of other polearms and the two-handed sword are based on the same method.

> > Later authors on the subject included Joseph Swetnam, Zachary Wylde, and Donald McBane. Silver,[7] Swetnam,[5] and Wylde[8] all agreed that the staff was among the best, if not the very best, of all hand weapons.

>

> Just not a lot you can do with a staff that has not already been done in the game. Spear however :) (rembering Paragon from GW1)

You can do the same thing with a staff as you can with a spear,

One end is blunt and do crushing damage the other pointy so do piercing thats the only differance.

More than likely they give a few classes staffs that functions as spears, hopefully both thrown and melee variants. Id be 100% okay with that, so long as i also get a Voltaic Spear Skin for land usage. Id pay for it too if it had some kinda vorpal effect visible...

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > Spears yes, pistols and staff... kitten kind of warrior is that.

> > >

> > > A quote from one of my favorite books.

> > > So maybe the best kind of warrior?

> > >

> > > During his lifetime, the greatest blademaster fought over ten thousand times, in battle and single combat. He was defeated once. By a farmer with a quarterstaff! Remember that.”

> > > ― Robert Jordan, The Dragon Reborn

> > >

> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarterstaff

> > > The oldest surviving English work giving technical information on staff combat dates from the 15th century – it is a brief listing of "strokes of the 2-hand staff", which shares terminology with the preceding "strokes of the 2-hand sword" in the same manuscript.[6] George Silver (1599) explains techniques of short-staff combat and states that the use of other polearms and the two-handed sword are based on the same method.

> > > Later authors on the subject included Joseph Swetnam, Zachary Wylde, and Donald McBane. Silver,[7] Swetnam,[5] and Wylde[8] all agreed that the staff was among the best, if not the very best, of all hand weapons.

> >

> > Just not a lot you can do with a staff that has not already been done in the game. Spear however :) (rembering Paragon from GW1)

>

> You can do the same thing with a staff as you can with a spear,

> One end is blunt and do crushing damage the other pointy so do piercing thats the only differance.

War already has the paragon shouts, just needs the spear now :)

I say this all the time, but I am really struggling to understand what the spear will give the warrior that the Hammer, Greatsword or Rifle doesnt already?

For this very reason, I do not want it to be spear/staff as it wont change the weapon playstyle.

I call for pistol! I already made HOPE ready for the next elite spec! So it must happen!

> @"Smoosh.2718" said:

> I say this all the time, but I am really struggling to understand what the spear will give the warrior that the Hammer, Greatsword or Rifle doesnt already?

>

> For this very reason, I do not want it to be spear/staff as it wont change the weapon playstyle.

>

> I call for pistol! I already made HOPE ready for the next elite spec! So it must happen!

I main engineer and I am **really** tempted to build the legendary mace Eureka, since it would fit an engineer so well (why do we have so many engineer themed mace skins if engineer can't wield them btw? damn it). But unfortunately, unlike the warrior, engineer has many different weapons left which could possibly get added for an elite spec. So I am not as confident to make this gamble....