Sustain is a monster

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of polls. I'll say this though: Sustain should have been something very limited since the beginning of this game, being tanky is one thing but everyone should die after a while, give a proper base ratio between tankiness and damage for all contenders to have the same fighting chance nonetheless and have actual dedicated healers be at risk for their capabilities instead of being immortal. Immortal healers have been a plague in too many games already. Take a hit, sure, but not over 70 hits.

Power needs a real counter to sustain. Right now the game is balanced to where only condi dmg and condi type classes are the only counter to any type of real sustain in both lower healing dmg that hits over time that is hard to heal though and where more of the boon counter is.

Power doing more dmg vs low hp targets is not a real counter to sustain as most ppl can keep max hp though most avg hits avoiding the big hit that is hp % missing base. At the same time classes who do have boon counter as do power dmg often do such low power dmg that your boon strips fill pointless.

To fix this power dmg needs max hp % hits or more hp the higher the dmg to complement low hp dmg hits. Power dmg classes need the ability to counter boons in some way. Power dmg also needs a real means of DOT effect outside of condi dmg you see effects like Ray of Judgment where you have a power hit attk some one over time with out the player to channel an effect.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Power needs a real counter to sustain. Right now the game is balanced to where only condi dmg and condi type classes are the only counter to any type of real sustain in both lower healing dmg that hits over time that is hard to heal though and where more of the boon counter is.

>

> Power doing more dmg vs low hp targets is not a real counter to sustain as most ppl can keep max hp though most avg hits avoiding the big hit that is hp % missing base. At the same time classes who do have boon counter as do power dmg often do such low power dmg that your boon strips fill pointless.

>

> To fix this power dmg needs max hp % hits or more hp the higher the dmg to complement low hp dmg hits. Power dmg classes need the ability to counter boons in some way. Power dmg also needs a real means of DOT effect outside of condi dmg you see effects like Ray of Judgment where you have a power hit attk some one over time with out the player to channel an effect.

i think its time to slowly put damage back into CC skills(not all), some need damage back other need diferent effects, like if its a kd if target isnt kd but looses some boons.

gw1 had quite some of this skills like happens this or that, i think they would do great with the current balance.

Humm about dot damage aka pulse damage is hard to balaance cause it m8 become broken/carry gimmick on stacking .

@"EremiteAngel.9765"

I dont think overall sustain is a issue some classes do more damage than others, others sustain more than others :\, but self sustain on 1vs1 and 2vs2 is more a issue with certain classes than actually in larger gameplay, "all rounders" with self sustain is the issue.

Tempest tanking in hearth and fire(correct me if wrong), scrapper, holo, they have very good sustain, the smaller scaled the combat isthe better for this classes, and damage is quite decent, Scourge and reapers for an extent to.

Besides this classes i dont imagine others that cant be killed or harder to kill outside ministrell.

Rev healing(herald/venta) is only good healing for alies, it can be pressured, this is how every other suport build should behave... not selfish sustain with good to strong support... its a balanced gameplay that cant be spammed reason isnt much used, but its the way to go on support roles, end spam and huge self sustain, and sustain will get reduced when support classes get focused.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Power needs a real counter to sustain. Right now the game is balanced to where only condi dmg and condi type classes are the only counter to any type of real sustain in both lower healing dmg that hits over time that is hard to heal though and where more of the boon counter is.

> >

> > Power doing more dmg vs low hp targets is not a real counter to sustain as most ppl can keep max hp though most avg hits avoiding the big hit that is hp % missing base. At the same time classes who do have boon counter as do power dmg often do such low power dmg that your boon strips fill pointless.

> >

> > To fix this power dmg needs max hp % hits or more hp the higher the dmg to complement low hp dmg hits. Power dmg classes need the ability to counter boons in some way. Power dmg also needs a real means of DOT effect outside of condi dmg you see effects like Ray of Judgment where you have a power hit attk some one over time with out the player to channel an effect.

>

> i think its time to slowly put damage back into CC skills(not all), some need damage back other need diferent effects, like if its a kd if target isnt kd but looses some boons.

> gw1 had quite some of this skills like happens this or that, i think they would do great with the current balance.

>

> Humm about dot damage aka pulse damage is hard to balaance cause it m8 become broken/carry gimmick on stacking .

>

> @"EremiteAngel.9765"

> I dont think overall sustain is a issue some classes do more damage than others, others sustain more than others :\, but self sustain on 1vs1 and 2vs2 is more a issue with certain classes than actually in larger gameplay, "all rounders" with self sustain is the issue.

>

> Tempest tanking in hearth and fire(correct me if wrong), scrapper, holo, they have very good sustain, the smaller scaled the combat isthe better for this classes, and damage is quite decent, Scourge and reapers for an extent to.

>

> Besides this classes i dont imagine others that cant be killed or harder to kill outside ministrell.

> Rev healing(herald/venta) is only good healing for alies, it can be pressured, this is how every other suport build should behave... not selfish sustain with good to strong support... its a balanced gameplay that cant be spammed reason isnt much used, but its the way to go on support roles, end spam and huge self sustain, and sustain will get reduced when support classes get focused.

>

Its the only way to counter healing over time for power classes unless you simply give them condi and then you find power classes become condi classes making it even more broken or gimmick as a class.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > Power needs a real counter to sustain. Right now the game is balanced to where only condi dmg and condi type classes are the only counter to any type of real sustain in both lower healing dmg that hits over time that is hard to heal though and where more of the boon counter is.

> > >

> > > Power doing more dmg vs low hp targets is not a real counter to sustain as most ppl can keep max hp though most avg hits avoiding the big hit that is hp % missing base. At the same time classes who do have boon counter as do power dmg often do such low power dmg that your boon strips fill pointless.

> > >

> > > To fix this power dmg needs max hp % hits or more hp the higher the dmg to complement low hp dmg hits. Power dmg classes need the ability to counter boons in some way. Power dmg also needs a real means of DOT effect outside of condi dmg you see effects like Ray of Judgment where you have a power hit attk some one over time with out the player to channel an effect.

> >

> > i think its time to slowly put damage back into CC skills(not all), some need damage back other need diferent effects, like if its a kd if target isnt kd but looses some boons.

> > gw1 had quite some of this skills like happens this or that, i think they would do great with the current balance.

> >

> > Humm about dot damage aka pulse damage is hard to balaance cause it m8 become broken/carry gimmick on stacking .

> >

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765"

> > I dont think overall sustain is a issue some classes do more damage than others, others sustain more than others :\, but self sustain on 1vs1 and 2vs2 is more a issue with certain classes than actually in larger gameplay, "all rounders" with self sustain is the issue.

> >

> > Tempest tanking in hearth and fire(correct me if wrong), scrapper, holo, they have very good sustain, the smaller scaled the combat isthe better for this classes, and damage is quite decent, Scourge and reapers for an extent to.

> >

> > Besides this classes i dont imagine others that cant be killed or harder to kill outside ministrell.

> > Rev healing(herald/venta) is only good healing for alies, it can be pressured, this is how every other suport build should behave... not selfish sustain with good to strong support... its a balanced gameplay that cant be spammed reason isnt much used, but its the way to go on support roles, end spam and huge self sustain, and sustain will get reduced when support classes get focused.

> >

>

> Its the only way to counter healing over time for power classes unless you simply give them condi and then you find power classes become condi classes making it even more broken or gimmick as a class.

I dont htink so, the sustain issue is due the trio of scrapper, scourge FB's lots of them, that would make players more DPS with stacking more tankers as well.

(edited)

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > Power needs a real counter to sustain. Right now the game is balanced to where only condi dmg and condi type classes are the only counter to any type of real sustain in both lower healing dmg that hits over time that is hard to heal though and where more of the boon counter is.

> > > >

> > > > Power doing more dmg vs low hp targets is not a real counter to sustain as most ppl can keep max hp though most avg hits avoiding the big hit that is hp % missing base. At the same time classes who do have boon counter as do power dmg often do such low power dmg that your boon strips fill pointless.

> > > >

> > > > To fix this power dmg needs max hp % hits or more hp the higher the dmg to complement low hp dmg hits. Power dmg classes need the ability to counter boons in some way. Power dmg also needs a real means of DOT effect outside of condi dmg you see effects like Ray of Judgment where you have a power hit attk some one over time with out the player to channel an effect.

> > >

> > > i think its time to slowly put damage back into CC skills(not all), some need damage back other need diferent effects, like if its a kd if target isnt kd but looses some boons.

> > > gw1 had quite some of this skills like happens this or that, i think they would do great with the current balance.

> > >

> > > Humm about dot damage aka pulse damage is hard to balaance cause it m8 become broken/carry gimmick on stacking .

> > >

> > > @"EremiteAngel.9765"

> > > I dont think overall sustain is a issue some classes do more damage than others, others sustain more than others :\, but self sustain on 1vs1 and 2vs2 is more a issue with certain classes than actually in larger gameplay, "all rounders" with self sustain is the issue.

> > >

> > > Tempest tanking in hearth and fire(correct me if wrong), scrapper, holo, they have very good sustain, the smaller scaled the combat isthe better for this classes, and damage is quite decent, Scourge and reapers for an extent to.

> > >

> > > Besides this classes i dont imagine others that cant be killed or harder to kill outside ministrell.

> > > Rev healing(herald/venta) is only good healing for alies, it can be pressured, this is how every other suport build should behave... not selfish sustain with good to strong support... its a balanced gameplay that cant be spammed reason isnt much used, but its the way to go on support roles, end spam and huge self sustain, and sustain will get reduced when support classes get focused.

> > >

> >

> > Its the only way to counter healing over time for power classes unless you simply give them condi and then you find power classes become condi classes making it even more broken or gimmick as a class.

>

> i would say less necroage spam and more meteors :\, maybe eles need more big skilsl, like blizard, thunderstorms at the same lvl of MS :\

>

Lighting orb like skill that will home into ppl or something like a WC skill Lightning Shield where you can put effects on ppl to make them do dmg to others over time with out needing to be condi dmg. Paoe will not cut it there simply too much mobitly it needs to be skills that stays on ppl or at least some what moves with them.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > Power needs a real counter to sustain. Right now the game is balanced to where only condi dmg and condi type classes are the only counter to any type of real sustain in both lower healing dmg that hits over time that is hard to heal though and where more of the boon counter is.

> > > > >

> > > > > Power doing more dmg vs low hp targets is not a real counter to sustain as most ppl can keep max hp though most avg hits avoiding the big hit that is hp % missing base. At the same time classes who do have boon counter as do power dmg often do such low power dmg that your boon strips fill pointless.

> > > > >

> > > > > To fix this power dmg needs max hp % hits or more hp the higher the dmg to complement low hp dmg hits. Power dmg classes need the ability to counter boons in some way. Power dmg also needs a real means of DOT effect outside of condi dmg you see effects like Ray of Judgment where you have a power hit attk some one over time with out the player to channel an effect.

> > > >

> > > > i think its time to slowly put damage back into CC skills(not all), some need damage back other need diferent effects, like if its a kd if target isnt kd but looses some boons.

> > > > gw1 had quite some of this skills like happens this or that, i think they would do great with the current balance.

> > > >

> > > > Humm about dot damage aka pulse damage is hard to balaance cause it m8 become broken/carry gimmick on stacking .

> > > >

> > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765"

> > > > I dont think overall sustain is a issue some classes do more damage than others, others sustain more than others :\, but self sustain on 1vs1 and 2vs2 is more a issue with certain classes than actually in larger gameplay, "all rounders" with self sustain is the issue.

> > > >

> > > > Tempest tanking in hearth and fire(correct me if wrong), scrapper, holo, they have very good sustain, the smaller scaled the combat isthe better for this classes, and damage is quite decent, Scourge and reapers for an extent to.

> > > >

> > > > Besides this classes i dont imagine others that cant be killed or harder to kill outside ministrell.

> > > > Rev healing(herald/venta) is only good healing for alies, it can be pressured, this is how every other suport build should behave... not selfish sustain with good to strong support... its a balanced gameplay that cant be spammed reason isnt much used, but its the way to go on support roles, end spam and huge self sustain, and sustain will get reduced when support classes get focused.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Its the only way to counter healing over time for power classes unless you simply give them condi and then you find power classes become condi classes making it even more broken or gimmick as a class.

> >

> > i would say less necroage spam and more meteors :\, maybe eles need more big skilsl, like blizard, thunderstorms at the same lvl of MS :\

> >

>

> Lighting orb like skill that will home into ppl or something like a WC skill Lightning Shield where you can put effects on ppl to make them do dmg to others over time with out needing to be condi dmg. Paoe will not cut it there simply too much mobitly it needs to be skills that stays on ppl or at least some what moves with them.

My issue with that, is with it zergs will be only that and support tanks, not reaching much diference, reason i prefer to reduce support self sustain in 1st place.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > With the recent Armageddon patch nuking DPS from orbit

> Meanwhile, people are still getting instakilled on zerg pushes.

30 people hitting you all at once is still gonna kill you even if you reduce that collective damage from 300,000 down to 30,000

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> I'm tired of polls. I'll say this though: Sustain should have been something very limited since the beginning of this game, being tanky is one thing but everyone should die after a while, give a proper base ratio between tankiness and damage for all contenders to have the same fighting chance nonetheless and have actual dedicated healers be at risk for their capabilities instead of being immortal. Immortal healers have been a plague in too many games already. Take a hit, sure, but not over 70 hits.

Healing power and boon duration were a mistake and should have only ever been a way to buff your outgoing support only, on stat sets that otherwise sacrifice damage and personal defense and turn you into a typical MMO healbot

Should a full glass kill a full bunker heals?

I remember in wow this was a long discussion for arenas. And the answer was actually "no". Someone had to be put in cc chain to get a temporary man advantage to score a kill. Otherwise heals became obsolete.

In gw2 Im not so sure. Really depends on the dmg output bunker is able to dish out.

If they cant kill each other is that balance?

> @"Cuks.8241" said:

> Should a full glass kill a full bunker heals?

>

> I remember in wow this was a long discussion for arenas. And the answer was actually "no". Someone had to be put in cc chain to get a temporary man advantage to score a kill. Otherwise heals became obsolete.

> In gw2 Im not so sure. Really depends on the dmg output bunker is able to dish out.

>

> If they cant kill each other is that balance?

Actually when I was fighting as Core Shout Guardian support with Mace/Shield + Staff,

Zerk/Maru Thief could kill me, and I could kill him with mace.

What really mattered here was personal skill and ability to bait-out certain skills from each other to make opponent more exposed to attacks.

That was before Balance patch.

If your glass canon is getting outplayed by builds with a bit of sustain then get some yourself.

Glass canons are defined by 2 factors.

Very high DPS.

Abysmall defensive capability.

You can't keep ignoring the latter on the grounds that.. my DPS is so high I should be able to kill everything but the most tankiest of things.

Anything that can survive a glass canons burst of damage is almost always going to win the fight.. it's why glass canons are usually garbage for soloing anything that's even remotely spongy.

I have always avoided pure glass canons because of that major drawback and always criticized the meta when everyone told people it's the only effective way to play this game.

Granted that was PvE but the same still applies in other modes.

Play glass if you really want those high dps numbers.. just don't whine about it when someone else is built to survive your barrage and then takes advantage of the fact you have no survivability.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > Perhaps the sustain nerf will kill some of the blobbing.. I doubt it though.

>

> It is more likely to cause people to blob in order to herd protect.

Are you saying we need to implement a rona-19 debuff to increase social distancing and decrease blobbing.?

> @"Sandzibar.5134" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > Perhaps the sustain nerf will kill some of the blobbing.. I doubt it though.

> >

> > It is more likely to cause people to blob in order to herd protect.

>

> Are you saying we need to implement a rona-19 debuff to increase social distancing and decrease blobbing.?

>

>

>

>

No. To force people to separate requires a different game mechanics. I.e. like the bloodlust node in borderlands. But make it more like it requires more than one person to make it tick. It will change the game entirely and force a minimum number of players per battlegrounds and make the matchup like eotm in order to get numbers.

It's a revamp of the whole system.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Full Berserker DPS can't kill Full Minstrel Defense build = normal.

> The strongest offense should not break the strongest defense = normal.

I actually disagree. There should be no such thing as an infinitely-sustained combat in a capture-and-hold mode. We saw this issue in sPvP with bunker ele and bunker chrono in the past. It makes the game unfun but also fundamentally breaks the mechanics of GW2 being designed where combat encounters aren't supposed to go infinite.

Further, in the grander context of GW2's existing group strategems as a whole, the DPS should be able to slowly grind down the strongest defense from a diversity perspective, assuming both play equally well and are going toe-to-toe and not allowed to just endlessly run away (definition of slowly being subjective).

The reason I say this is because if the absolute and total stranglehold on larger and supportive-group play more durable builds/sustain builds have over DPS.

40 deep of tanks vs 40 deep of berserker builds, the tanks win and sustain totally dominates to the point it's not even close.

We see the merits of minutia of defenses utterly upending common strategies even within the scope of DPS itself; most people don't assume DPS = Berserker. Even the game devs have said the coefficient changes have been made in mind with Marauder, which most people associate to a DPS kit despite having heavy sustain-favoring stats from the true-DPS alternatives, solely because the extra sustain at the loss of a bit of damage is just **better**.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > Power needs a real counter to sustain. Right now the game is balanced to where only condi dmg and condi type classes are the only counter to any type of real sustain in both lower healing dmg that hits over time that is hard to heal though and where more of the boon counter is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Power doing more dmg vs low hp targets is not a real counter to sustain as most ppl can keep max hp though most avg hits avoiding the big hit that is hp % missing base. At the same time classes who do have boon counter as do power dmg often do such low power dmg that your boon strips fill pointless.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To fix this power dmg needs max hp % hits or more hp the higher the dmg to complement low hp dmg hits. Power dmg classes need the ability to counter boons in some way. Power dmg also needs a real means of DOT effect outside of condi dmg you see effects like Ray of Judgment where you have a power hit attk some one over time with out the player to channel an effect.

> > > > >

> > > > > i think its time to slowly put damage back into CC skills(not all), some need damage back other need diferent effects, like if its a kd if target isnt kd but looses some boons.

> > > > > gw1 had quite some of this skills like happens this or that, i think they would do great with the current balance.

> > > > >

> > > > > Humm about dot damage aka pulse damage is hard to balaance cause it m8 become broken/carry gimmick on stacking .

> > > > >

> > > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765"

> > > > > I dont think overall sustain is a issue some classes do more damage than others, others sustain more than others :\, but self sustain on 1vs1 and 2vs2 is more a issue with certain classes than actually in larger gameplay, "all rounders" with self sustain is the issue.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tempest tanking in hearth and fire(correct me if wrong), scrapper, holo, they have very good sustain, the smaller scaled the combat isthe better for this classes, and damage is quite decent, Scourge and reapers for an extent to.

> > > > >

> > > > > Besides this classes i dont imagine others that cant be killed or harder to kill outside ministrell.

> > > > > Rev healing(herald/venta) is only good healing for alies, it can be pressured, this is how every other suport build should behave... not selfish sustain with good to strong support... its a balanced gameplay that cant be spammed reason isnt much used, but its the way to go on support roles, end spam and huge self sustain, and sustain will get reduced when support classes get focused.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Its the only way to counter healing over time for power classes unless you simply give them condi and then you find power classes become condi classes making it even more broken or gimmick as a class.

> > >

> > > i would say less necroage spam and more meteors :\, maybe eles need more big skilsl, like blizard, thunderstorms at the same lvl of MS :\

> > >

> >

> > Lighting orb like skill that will home into ppl or something like a WC skill Lightning Shield where you can put effects on ppl to make them do dmg to others over time with out needing to be condi dmg. Paoe will not cut it there simply too much mobitly it needs to be skills that stays on ppl or at least some what moves with them.

>

> My issue with that, is with it zergs will be only that and support tanks, not reaching much diference, reason i prefer to reduce support self sustain in 1st place.

That how wvw works if you have an build in effect that is support you can build dmg right now the best wvw classes are support classes that are build to do dmg. Scorge is an support class and because of it the class is a lot stronger as doing dmg.

There no true fix but they needs to be real counters to support then just condi dmg and condi class effects. Or every time they want to deal with support your going to see a massive buff to condi dmg builds and they are simply unfun.

> @"Tao.5096" said:

> > @"Cuks.8241" said:

> > Should a full glass kill a full bunker heals?

> >

> > I remember in wow this was a long discussion for arenas. And the answer was actually "no". Someone had to be put in cc chain to get a temporary man advantage to score a kill. Otherwise heals became obsolete.

> > In gw2 Im not so sure. Really depends on the dmg output bunker is able to dish out.

> >

> > If they cant kill each other is that balance?

>

> Actually when I was fighting as Core Shout Guardian support with Mace/Shield + Staff,

> Zerk/Maru Thief could kill me, and I could kill him with mace.

>

> What really mattered here was personal skill and ability to bait-out certain skills from each other to make opponent more exposed to attacks.

> That was before Balance patch.

This is off course a theoretical discussion about balance and as that the first premise is always that skill is equal on both sides and thus irrelevant.

But I get your point and agree that if it comes down to skill the balance is good.

Also Deceiver (quote below) makes a really good argument. If the game mode is king of the hill type, the balance of power should not favor full sustain.

The problem is that full glass often also means burst. My opinion is that burst kills on bunkers should not be possible because that would favor burst over anything. But I could agree that a dmg build with some sustain should be able to outplay a build that focuses completely on defense.

Gw2 has team pvp modes and in such games looking at 1v1 is usually wrong because in the end it must come down to team synergies.

GW2 is also different than many games that use mana mechanics where at some point someone runs out of mana and loses. Some games also implemented a sudden death mechanics to ensure someone wins in due time. But this I think would not work in gw2 game modes.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

>

> > Full Berserker DPS can't kill Full Minstrel Defense build = normal.

> > The strongest offense should not break the strongest defense = normal.

>

> I actually disagree. There should be no such thing as an infinitely-sustained combat in a capture-and-hold mode. We saw this issue in sPvP with bunker ele and bunker chrono in the past. It makes the game unfun but also fundamentally breaks the mechanics of GW2 being designed where combat encounters aren't supposed to go infinite.

>

> Further, in the grander context of GW2's existing group strategems as a whole, the DPS should be able to slowly grind down the strongest defense from a diversity perspective, assuming both play equally well and are going toe-to-toe and not allowed to just endlessly run away (definition of slowly being subjective).

if you nerf sustain even more, you really can close Wvw

.. and if u really cry about not killing a full minstrel FB with tons of healing infusions packed on with your exotic dps pepe, you're just making a fool of yourself. 1v1ing a defensive and wellplayed firebrand is odd to even be tried.

threads like this show how clueless ppl can be.

like, sustain is by far not infinite. if you cannot kill a single FB with 3 zerker dps chars, you're just not on his level. if you fire your bombs into resists, aegis, protection, clenses, your cc into his stability then yes, won't take damage. that's your fault, not his tho.

> @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> if you nerf sustain even more, you really can close Wvw

>

> .. and if u really cry about not killing a full minstrel FB with tons of healing infusions packed on with your exotic dps pepe, you're just making a fool of yourself. 1v1ing a defensive and wellplayed firebrand is odd to even be tried.

>

> threads like this show how clueless ppl can be.

>

> like, sustain is by far not infinite. if you cannot kill a single FB with 3 zerker dps chars, you're just not on his level. if you fire your bombs into resists, aegis, protection, clenses, your cc into his stability then yes, won't take damage. that's your fault, not his tho.

BS argument, if you nerf sustain more it will be like the old WvW. Remember that?