Are there any statistics on the # players in EU vs. NA?

Not really sure where to put this.

I'm pretty curious about what the actual population difference is, as I know it's generally accepted that "NA is ded" (and yeah, for raid & fractal LFG/instanced PVE content, it definitely feels this way since transferring to EU).

Are there any stats floating around somewhere?

I've not heard that claim that NA is dead, and I don't know if it's true or not that there's less activity on NA servers but it wouldn't surprise me if the population there is more spread out. It often seems like the EU servers are only used by players in or near Europe and everyone else uses the NA servers.

For example on EU when it gets to about 11pm UK time (which is lagging an hour or two behind mainland Europe) there's a noticeable drop in population and it's not worth trying to do big meta-events even though that's the start of NA prime time. Whereas when I log into my second account (which is on an NA server) at odd hours (especially in the morning when it's about 3am in America) there's still people around. It's hard for me to compare the two however because I don't really play on NA, so I'm mainly going off people hanging around cities chatting.

I've also heard that people in Europe are more likely to be PC gamers, whereas people in America are more like to be console gamers. Elder Scrolls Online has claimed part of the reason their EU PC server has more performance problems than the rest is that in America the population is split fairly evenly between PC, Xbox and Playstation and on EU the majority is on the PC server. Obviously GW2 doesn't have a console version, but it might mean there's more potential players here than in America.

> @"Turamarth.3248" said:

> GW2Efficiency has the numbers for the people who registered on their site.

> Europe 73,165 (58.70%)

> North America 51,483 (41.30%)

>

> So at least for this subset of players there is no large difference in the number of players between regions.

So about 40% more is not a large differance?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Turamarth.3248" said:

> > GW2Efficiency has the numbers for the people who registered on their site.

> > Europe 73,165 (58.70%)

> > North America 51,483 (41.30%)

> >

> > So at least for this subset of players there is no large difference in the number of players between regions.

>

> So about 40% more is not a large differance?

>

Depends on how you read the numbers. I saw it more as EU having 10% more than average and NA 10% less.

Other than gw2efficiency another way to compare NA and EU is using the official achievement boards which show that the EU has more activity in achievements. Of course that could mean EU players love achievements more than NA players, but I believe it's more likely that EU is more active than NA. By how much is anyone's guess.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Also, please consider that mainland US covers four time zones. I'm in the east and I often don't see an uptick in population in OW events until much later, which is early evening on the west coast.

Eu is 3 time zones aswell and according to other poster that shouldent be a problem only 25% differance