How did you pick your Latin character name?

Not Latin, but I have a character called Latronius Wolfe. It's a homage to a fantasy book called Latro in the Mist by Gene Wolfe and is about a Roman era mercenary who has suffered severe memory loss prior to the start of story and is unable to retain new memories either.

Shortly after creating my first char (a sylvari necro) i realised that sylvari were dragon minions, unbeknownst to them at the time. As i was fond of my necro (loved the visuals of the class and names of it's skills) i didn't want to delete him but hankered after a char with a nod to their heritage. When HoT was released, the Mordremoth drop and revenant profession were just the reasons i needed to make a new character; Drachunculus :) He is a sylvari revenant called 'little dragon'. The normal spelling was taken so there's a slight modification.

I don't tend to go for Latin except for flavoring Charr names. But I do name some characters based on why they are made, when it's to test a build or try a beta. For instance I have an asura warrior named Bettni, which I originally used to test a new elite in beta and found still available long after when making a character to help someone level. It's an asurification of Beta :) In Stardew Valley right now I'm on my first ever play through, had no idea what I was doing or what my character would face, so I named her Stessa. A mashing/feminizing of Stardew Test. When I do one of my infrequent key runs I do human warrior commoner, and the name always has "Key" somewhere in it. Eg Jennifer Keynes, Keymar Ruhnar, etc. I add and tweak enough that I have yet to be denied a keyrunner name except for Keyroy Jenkins, and I didn't expect that one to work.

(I have a lot more names I've used for disposable characters in GW2, and I have them listed in Word, but shan't share them here because I like them enough to apply to future permanent characters and thus am keeping them private. All of them went through on first try, too, so they aren't commonly thought of).

No Latin, but I name my Sylvari in Irish, my Norn in Norwegian, and my Charr in Mongolian. Their names are usually just simple thematic words. My Sylvari Daredevil is named "Wooden Sword" in Irish, my Charr Holosmith is named "Sunrise" in Mongolian, etc.

Aside from the Irish, I don't know the languages at all, so they may not be completely accurate, but it's good enough for a fantasy game.

I like using multiple languages to name my characters because it gives me more options to find words which are both descriptive and sound good and Latin is one of the ones I use most, along with Welsh and Quenya. Partially because it's relatively easy to find reliable translations and partially because I often see Latin names for plants and animals in stuff I'm reading for work, so it's easy to keep an eye out for good words.

One obvious one is my charr revenant - Uncia Snowfur. Uncia is the species name for snow leopards (which somewhat confusingly means lynx) and her fur pattern is very similar to a snow leopard. I also have a norn called Ilex Hedera, which is literally 'holly ivy' in Latin. Not really accurate to norn naming conventions but I had the name in GW1, wanted to keep it and she was the best fit.

Not quite Latin but I also have an asura called Ambage which is an Old English word derived from Latin which means a long-winded or overly complicated explaination. I stumbled onto it one day and had to use it because it's absolutely perfect for him.

My most obvious one however is an Elder Scrolls Online character, an old retired soldier who is now a crafter. His name is Sagittam Ad Genu.

Despite I'm italian and I know lots of latin names/words, I just pick "Nymeria" from a song of ice and fire books (and I stress...the books :P ) for my main, cause I use this name in games since 2007, for other characters I go randomly and see what that character inspires me, also some names are italian words, but always names, even the "slightly funny ones", that can be a credible as a fantasy character's name for me