22k ap,

I'm somewhere around 22k ap and really want to finish out the Hellfire set but I've never really focused that much on achievements.

For those of you that have, what's the best course of action for getting to my goal fastest? Is there a cap on achievement points I can get per day? If I focused on them or found the best method of getting a fair amount each day, how long do you think it would take? What IS a reasonable amount to get per day?

There are quite a bit of story achievements I have left to do for this saga but beyond that, all I can think of is some slayer achievements to grind out?

Reach the daily cap if you haven't already, (15000 AP)

Finish all Story Journal achievements (4093 AP)

Finish all Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire map/meta/story achievements (1579 AP)

Finish most of the General Achievements (4459 AP)

Dungeons, Silverwastes, Dry Top, Slayer (excluding Giant), Hero, Tradesman (except for Sandstorm and Patron), Explorer (excluding Legendary), Fashion, most of Weapon Master (no off-hands), Community, Jumping Puzzles, Master Insights, Bosses, Tutorial, Sunken Treasure Hunter

We are at 25131 already

Some other General Achievements that might be trickier but still doable (560 AP):

Twilight Arbor Aetherpath, Drakkar, The Shatterer, Triple Trouble, Tequatl

Go and start doing Collections (1155 AP)

Basic Collections, Rare Collections, Specialization Collections, Legendary Trinkets. You can start ALL the Legendary Journeys and finish the first part of crafting all the precursors (it doesn't require a lot of money, part 2 requires the money). Some Collections are too expensive or too time consuming, skip those. You can also finish the Aurora and Vision collections (the fun parts, not the expensive ones)

Festival Achievements (550 AP + the annual AP of each year + 260 for SAB Tribulation mode)

When there is a festival active, finish all the annual and all their permanent achievements.

Side Stories: 529 AP

Fractals of the Mists: 410 AP

We are at 28595 AP

Options to get to 30k AP and finish the Hellfire set depending on which content you pick and choose:

Raids and Legendary Armor: 850

Competitive Activities: 801*

Belcher's Bluff is "free" 80 AP. Sanctum Sprint is all doable. The others can be completed except for the grind/win part (last achievement). Keg Brawl is probably too much to finish. I'd say it's closer to 700 to realistically get.

WVW, EotM and Warclaw: 1181

Although the last tiers of WVW achievements require a lot of WVW playing, the initial ones are very easy to get

PVP Conqueror + Map Achievements (2301 AP)

Each PVP map offers 52 AP and you can get these playing in unranked. PVP conqueror offers a lot of AP for playing with all the different professions, half of which can be acquired in unranked or custom arenas. The other half requires playing in ranked

PVP Season + Years of the Ascension (837 AP)

Requires playing in ranked during a season, for more PVP oriented players

Hall of Monuments (550 AP)

For finishing achievements in Guild Wars 1

Good luck

Your tracker is useful for setting yourself goals too. Load it with a selection to work on. I’m closing in on 30k with help from it to monitor progress

Don’t be afraid to look for achievement hunting groups either. Getting those coop ones will help a lot

> @"gert.7698" said:

> Start with giant slayer.

> Then do focus and shield master.

> After that do twice told legend. Then go for the 250 000 kills in wvw.

> And last but not least, do Legendary Tarrktun Supporter.

>

> That will do ??

lol I've got the portable ecto gamble.

The kills might take awhile longer though!

I guess the weapon achievements have to be killing blows? Isn't Guard the only thing that does damage with shield? lmao

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"gert.7698" said:

> > Start with giant slayer.

> > Then do focus and shield master.

> > After that do twice told legend. Then go for the 250 000 kills in wvw.

> > And last but not least, do Legendary Tarrktun Supporter.

> >

> > That will do ??

>

> lol I've got the portable ecto gamble.

>

> The kills might take awhile longer though!

>

> I guess the weapon achievements have to be killing blows? Isn't Guard the only thing that does damage with shield? lmao

Warrior skill 4 does and I think engi and Mesmer have damaging shield skills

Farming white mobs is the answer to getting it quickly

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > @"gert.7698" said:

> > > Start with giant slayer.

> > > Then do focus and shield master.

> > > After that do twice told legend. Then go for the 250 000 kills in wvw.

> > > And last but not least, do Legendary Tarrktun Supporter.

> > >

> > > That will do ??

> >

> > lol I've got the portable ecto gamble.

> >

> > The kills might take awhile longer though!

> >

> > I guess the weapon achievements have to be killing blows? Isn't Guard the only thing that does damage with shield? lmao

>

> Warrior skill 4 does and I think engi and Mesmer have damaging shield skills

>

> Farming white mobs is the answer to getting it quickly

NO. I will not resort to killing ambient creatures for ap!

Thanks for the tip though. I wasn't sure if engi 4 actually did damage or just reflected. Totally forgot about mesmer though.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > @"gert.7698" said:

> > > > Start with giant slayer.

> > > > Then do focus and shield master.

> > > > After that do twice told legend. Then go for the 250 000 kills in wvw.

> > > > And last but not least, do Legendary Tarrktun Supporter.

> > > >

> > > > That will do ??

> > >

> > > lol I've got the portable ecto gamble.

> > >

> > > The kills might take awhile longer though!

> > >

> > > I guess the weapon achievements have to be killing blows? Isn't Guard the only thing that does damage with shield? lmao

> >

> > Warrior skill 4 does and I think engi and Mesmer have damaging shield skills

> >

> > Farming white mobs is the answer to getting it quickly

>

> NO. I will not resort to killing ambient creatures for ap!

>

> Thanks for the tip though. I wasn't sure if engi 4 actually did damage or just reflected. Totally forgot about mesmer though.

You said you don't want to resort to killing ambient creatures for AP, but I will give this tip anyway: make a new character, select Vigil as your order, when you reach the first instance in LA (where you need to find Zhaitan's "spy" in the sewers) there will be an infinite spawn of rats. Put a damage skill on auto-cast and go watch a movie (or two). Done.

The best way to farm shield kills is with Guardian, Shield of Judgement has a 16 second recharge when traited and it can be aimed reliably to hit 5 enemies in front of you.

Warrior shield bash hits only one target on a 16 second recharge (traited)

Engineer shield skills have longer recharge, cannot be traited to lower it, are unreliable to hit multiple enemies in front of you AND do pitiful damage (Shield of Judgement does double damage, meaning it's more reliable to get the last hit with it than the other shield skills)

Chronomancer shield might be better, if you take the time to optimize your rotations to maintain alacrity, Tides of Time does triple damage compared to Shield of Judgement and hits infinite targets.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

>

> NO. I will not resort to killing ambient creatures for ap!

>

> Thanks for the tip though. I wasn't sure if engi 4 actually did damage or just reflected. Totally forgot about mesmer though.

Well, in this case you can become a very good Sword/Shield Chrono =) I took me over one and a half year to complete this achievement for shield. I learned even the amount of health the mobs should have when triggering the shield attack. Not to speak about positioning - killing only ONE enemy at once is a waste =)

But, in the case of the shield you have choices. Between several classes. I barely await your opinion about **Warhorn**. From what I know, only the Elementalist and somehow the core Necromancer (by entering the Shroud and using one of the Shroud skills) have damaging skills on Warhorn.

As an advice for getting AP - look at what you still have available - you will be surprised how many "easy" AP you still have.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> I'm somewhere around 22k ap and really want to finish out the Hellfire set but I've never really focused that much on achievements.

>

> For those of you that have, what's the best course of action for getting to my goal fastest? Is there a cap on achievement points I can get per day? If I focused on them or found the best method of getting a fair amount each day, how long do you think it would take? What IS a reasonable amount to get per day?

>

> There are quite a bit of story achievements I have left to do for this saga but beyond that, all I can think of is some slayer achievements to grind out?

Im not a big AP hunter either, and I DONT suggest or understand why people go down AP lists and complete things for the points alone. I just don't see what AP matters other than as you point it would be nice to get the hellfire chest item since without it the rest of the set is arguably useless since it doesnt match ANYTHING else in the game lol.

What I do is do my daily each day and do what ever AP has some kind of reward I would like most of the time I get some AP too as a bonus. Then when Im near a reward I go through the lists and look for things near completion (from normal random play) then I finish off some of those. The reason I do it this way is I hate to grind or do things for AP alone I see that as the ultimate pointless activity. I just hit 27k myself and got the pants. I should eventually get the chest item at 30k even if I did nothing but the daily 10 ap up to the 15k cap.

Also I never buy AP I think that's another pointless trend I have no interest in that kinda boggles my mind why people value it.