Serious mesmer clone bug!

Draygorn.7012

So I was doing some open world stuff on my Mirage for dailies, when I noticed something rather disturbing. My clone pips were full, even though I had no clones active. Whenever I used a clone generating ability (albeit weapon skill or despawning of phantasm) my clone would pop up dead.. Just laying dead on the ground, serving no purpose. I can't shatter it. It's dead xD.

https://imgur.com/UTyCHOi

I haven't seen how consistent this bug pops up, but also noticed a video on Youtube with a guy that seemed to have the same issue on his chronomancer. His video link:

Anyone else having this problem? It's a pretty bad one.. Hope Anet fixes this soon.

> @"Taril.8619" said:

> Inb4 this isn't a bug but beta testing the next round of Mesmer nerfs.

>

> First, dodgeless Mirages.

>

> Then, Cloneless Mesmers.

>

> Finally, Mesmer characters become just NPC's standing at JP's providing portals to the end.

>

> :(

toss a coin to your mesmer! Oh, valley of plenty

> @"Taril.8619" said:

> Inb4 this isn't a bug but beta testing the next round of Mesmer nerfs.

>

> First, dodgeless Mirages.

>

> Then, Cloneless Mesmers.

>

> Finally, Mesmer characters become just NPC's standing at JP's providing portals to the end.

>

> :(

Then they nerf portal, so we're replaced by thieves and scourges xD

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> They secretly testing cloneless elite spec for next expansion and broke something in the process. xD

I think anet has a version control problem. Chinese client was recently filled with javascript tests according to that_shaman.

tbh cloneless mes elite spec might be a good idea. like changing all skills to add clone dmg back to caster and getting more control options to put the enemy in a tight position where they need to solve a tough decision. like back in gw1 where you had backfire, but if you didn't cast anyhing wastrel's would get ya.

> @"pninak.1069" said:

> tbh cloneless mes elite spec might be a good idea. like changing all skills to add clone dmg back to caster and getting more control options to put the enemy in a tight position where they need to solve a tough decision. like back in gw1 where you had backfire, but if you didn't cast anyhing wastrel's would get ya.

It could be very interesting indeed. Though they would have to find a way for the Illusions traitline to work properly without clones.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> Working as intended.

>

> Clones are trying to copy their master and they finally realised that mesmer mains are all dead inside, because of the constant nerfs. So they try their best to copy that, but didn't quite figure it out yet.

Can't argue with that logic xDD

> @"deadteds.2659" said:

> i also ran into this bug. in Jahai Bluffs there are harpy eggs you can pick up and eat to restore health and initiative. can it be the game giving us initiative fills up the mesmer pips but since you're not a thief you cant spend the initiative??

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Z3cmaP3.jpg "")

>

Now that you mention it I think I encountered the bug shortly after drinking a drake egg. Not sure if it gives the same effect. Perhaps there's something rotten about these eggs... That being said, Shorts did encounter this bug in PvP. Not sure if there's drinkable eggs there? (Haven't done sPvP in a while)

> @"deadteds.2659" said:

> the linked video hes fighting a ranger with a pig pet, who can forage for an egg to eat. i think thats it. im makin a thread in bug report now.

Can you eat eggs foraged by the pig of an enemy?

If the pig digs up an item, can anybody use it or just the allies of the ranger?

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > They secretly testing cloneless elite spec for next expansion and broke something in the process. xD

>

> I think anet has a version control problem. Chinese client was recently filled with javascript tests according to that_shaman.

Interesting, it's a bit beyond my understanding, though joking aside wouldn't be surprised if Anet may be experimenting in the background in preparation for new mechanics (or maybe just hopeful! :D )

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> Interesting, it's a bit beyond my understanding, though joking aside wouldn't be surprised if Anet may be experimenting in the background in preparation for new mechanics (or maybe just hopeful! :D )

Nah I found the problem. Message me in this forum, I'll tell you how to reproduce the bug.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> Waiting for some PvErs to respond "but it's a top class on snowcrows" when they've never played chrono.

>

> I really hope it gets fixed but at this point I really feel chrono is for people that are just stubbornly sticking to mesmer. Especially in a PvP/WvW context.

>

>

chrono went past "stubborn" in pvp/wvw and is the ally of trolling at this point.

• 3 months later...