[Video] Hybrid Deadeye (P/D WvW Roaming)

saerni.2584

I generate quickness fairly often at critical points where quickness gives a stat boost.

Edit: I generate quickness on Mark at least every 17 seconds. I also generate quickness using the Mesmer stolen skill, which I get by marking Mesmers but also can get randomly from using cantrips. This means I get quickness usually when I’m entering stealth and Sneak Attacking. The stat boost isn’t as much the point as the ability to quickly land the full channel of the attack.

Also, M7 triggers full malice later and I find regular malice flows better with popping in and out of stealth.

Edit: M7 requires you to land at least 4 attacks and because this build doesn’t get malice from marking a target. This makes M7 a less attractive choice compared to BQoBK because you only need 3 attacks for full malice and can afford for one attack not to crit. The sound of “full malice” then corresponds to the amount of malice needed to enter stealth using the stolen skill. So you get an audio cue and it is pretty reliable as long as you land your attacks (landing three is also easier than landing 4 attacks, obviously).

You can use M7. I just find I enjoy BQoBK more fun on my play style.

My Own hybrid uses p/p and p/d. Due to the HIGH Ini use of the P/P side I prefer a DE/DA/TR combo using Deadly Ambition so as to leverage Unload into a might build and poison add. TR is very specifically for the added Confusion which can spike tremendously via the MIGHT add of the unload plus the 15 percent add to both raw damage and condition damage with lead attacks.

BqoBk does have the advantage of allowing more channeled attacks through but the M7 INI is really needed for the p/p side.

I find I do not need to use as much INI when in the p/d given I can weave in and out of stealth via non INI methods and rely on malicious sneak attack to keep damage going out so can understand taking BqoBk over M7 if in p/d more often.

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> My Own hybrid uses p/p and p/d. Due to the HIGH Ini use of the P/P side I prefer a DE/DA/TR combo using Deadly Ambition so as to leverage Unload into a might build and poison add. TR is very specifically for the added Confusion which can spike tremendously via the MIGHT add of the unload plus the 15 percent add to both raw damage and condition damage with lead attacks.

>

> BqoBk does have the advantage of allowing more channeled attacks through but the M7 INI is really needed for the p/p side.

>

> I find I do not need to use as much INI when in the p/d given I can weave in and out of stealth via non INI methods and rely on malicious sneak attack to keep damage going out so can understand taking BqoBk over M7 if in p/d more often.

It’s an interesting choice to do both P/P and P/D. I’m just too invested in Shortbow mobility in combat for me to invest in a second weapon set for damage. If I did I’d consider a melee option for cleave, maybe Sword-Pistol for cleave cc on downed.

Unrelated while I remember: I didn’t put the stats I’m running on the video itself because the flow started to get messed up with too many stats screens lol. This build is what I’ve posted before: Carrion armor/weapons and Grieving trinkets. The runes are Runes of the Thief (condi and precision add). The end stats (with stacking precision sigil on the shortbow taken into account) are roughly 2.1k power, 60-65% resting crit rate (80-90% with fury and quickness), 170% crit damage, 1600 condition damage. This includes running precision-condi food and toxic focusing crystals.

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > My Own hybrid uses p/p and p/d. Due to the HIGH Ini use of the P/P side I prefer a DE/DA/TR combo using Deadly Ambition so as to leverage Unload into a might build and poison add. TR is very specifically for the added Confusion which can spike tremendously via the MIGHT add of the unload plus the 15 percent add to both raw damage and condition damage with lead attacks.

> >

> > BqoBk does have the advantage of allowing more channeled attacks through but the M7 INI is really needed for the p/p side.

> >

> > I find I do not need to use as much INI when in the p/d given I can weave in and out of stealth via non INI methods and rely on malicious sneak attack to keep damage going out so can understand taking BqoBk over M7 if in p/d more often.

>

> It’s an interesting choice to do both P/P and P/D. I’m just too invested in Shortbow mobility in combat for me to invest in a second weapon set for damage. If I did I’d consider a melee option for cleave, maybe Sword-Pistol for cleave cc on downed.

>

> Unrelated while I remember: I didn’t put the stats I’m running on the video itself because the flow started to get messed up with too many stats screens lol. This build is what I’ve posted before: Carrion armor/weapons and Grieving trinkets. The runes are Runes of the Thief (condi and precision add). The end stats (with stacking precision sigil on the shortbow taken into account) are roughly 2.1k power, 60-65% resting crit rate (80-90% with fury and quickness), 170% crit damage, 1600 condition damage. This includes running precision-condi food and toxic focusing crystals.

Which of p/d and p/p i use depends on the immediate environment of the fight I am in. If in a single 1v1 I tend to stay in p/d. I found I was not switching that much into SB in the hybrid build as much as I was going SB in the pure condition build. In group fights where there a larger number per side , i tend to go into p/p more. What I found was It was just better at singling out vulnerable targets ,focusing them down and then quickly moving to the next. I had been in Rifle for a bit but found I was getting more out of the p/p set damage wise.

Getting a whack of conditions on an opponent and then swapping to p/p to spike the might so those conditions tick harder just works for me. Added to that malice rebuilds very fast in p/p as compared to being in SB and you can get to full malice in both sets rather quickly with decent crit rate.

As to cleaving downs , I find that in grieving you just too vulnerable to some of those downed skills.

Finally I am always trying to work some version of p/p in a build. I just like the set and the way it looks , not so much for effectiveness as to the desire to use P/P. I have found hybrid is where it most effective.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > Nice video man, I'm getting ready to put out something of my own soon again, since im back.

> > Good to see you making videos :)

>

> Finally back huh? Been waiting to duel ya the next time I saw ya on :p

Haha. yea brotha im back, still gotta shake the rust off , but my muscle memory is still pretty intact.

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > Nice video man, I'm getting ready to put out something of my own soon again, since im back.

> > > Good to see you making videos :)

> >

> > Finally back huh? Been waiting to duel ya the next time I saw ya on :p

>

> Haha. yea brotha im back, still gotta shake the rust off , but my muscle memory is still pretty intact.

You still doing DrD? I moved on to DPS Mirage before it was meme'd (one dodge mirage) so now im back on teef (Deadeye). Ill have to duel ya next time were paired up to see if I can beat the great Aikijinx (aka person who got me into thief) :p

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > > Nice video man, I'm getting ready to put out something of my own soon again, since im back.

> > > > Good to see you making videos :)

> > >

> > > Finally back huh? Been waiting to duel ya the next time I saw ya on :p

> >

> > Haha. yea brotha im back, still gotta shake the rust off , but my muscle memory is still pretty intact.

>

> You still doing DrD? I moved on to DPS Mirage before it was meme'd (one dodge mirage) so now im back on teef (Deadeye). Ill have to duel ya next time were paired up to see if I can beat the great Aikijinx (aka person who got me into thief) :p

Aye yeah man!, I'm on maguuma. So hopefully we see each other in this match up! Would love to fight that DE setup of yours.

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > > > Nice video man, I'm getting ready to put out something of my own soon again, since im back.

> > > > > Good to see you making videos :)

> > > >

> > > > Finally back huh? Been waiting to duel ya the next time I saw ya on :p

> > >

> > > Haha. yea brotha im back, still gotta shake the rust off , but my muscle memory is still pretty intact.

> >

> > You still doing DrD? I moved on to DPS Mirage before it was meme'd (one dodge mirage) so now im back on teef (Deadeye). Ill have to duel ya next time were paired up to see if I can beat the great Aikijinx (aka person who got me into thief) :p

>

> Aye yeah man!, I'm on maguuma. So hopefully we see each other in this match up! Would love to fight that DE setup of yours.

Im in EBAY now, DrD's give me a bit of trouble when played right so I look forward to it

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > > > Nice video man, I'm getting ready to put out something of my own soon again, since im back.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Haha. yea brotha im back, still gotta shake the rust off , but my muscle memory is still pretty intact.

> >

> > You still doing DrD? I moved on to DPS Mirage before it was meme'd (one dodge mirage) so now im back on teef (Deadeye). Ill have to duel ya next time were paired up to see if I can beat the great Aikijinx (aka person who got me into thief) :p

>

> Aye yeah man!, I'm on maguuma. So hopefully we see each other in this match up! Would love to fight that DE setup of yours.

Maguuma huh? I’m on NSP :-p

We should meet up sometime :)

I would reset the fight (or at least disengage 1200 range backwards) right when you pop smoke screen. It's embarrassing that basically every single encounter tries to fight you when it's up, so you barely lose any health. Not even talking about the lack of condi cleanses....

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> I would reset the fight (or at least disengage 1200 range backwards) right when you pop smoke screen. It's embarrassing that basically every single encounter tries to fight you when it's up, so you barely lose any health. Not even talking about the lack of condi cleanses....

Most people can’t disengage that effectively. I can chase down many people who get to the point where they think of running.

I’m not sure if you mean my cleanse or my opponents...you notice that the ele I fought between Garri and Bay had plenty of cleanse but that doesn’t matter. My build doesn’t rely on long duration condi or on bursts of condi. I just constantly apply condi as supplemental damage.

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Looks like EBAY is vs Mag this matchup ;)

• 2 weeks later...

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > I would reset the fight (or at least disengage 1200 range backwards) right when you pop smoke screen. It's embarrassing that basically every single encounter tries to fight you when it's up, so you barely lose any health. Not even talking about the lack of condi cleanses....

>

> Most people can’t disengage that effectively. I can chase down many people who get to the point where they think of running.

>

> I’m not sure if you mean my cleanse or my opponents...you notice that the ele I fought between Garri and Bay had plenty of cleanse but that doesn’t matter. My build **doesn’t rely on long duration condi or on bursts of condi. I just constantly apply condi as supplemental damage.**

I like that kind of build, don't feel locked into the same sequence all the time and it's lower profile.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> I would reset the fight (or at least disengage 1200 range backwards) right when you pop smoke screen. It's embarrassing that basically every single encounter tries to fight you when it's up, so you barely lose any health. Not even talking about the lack of condi cleanses....

??