Condi Rev & Resistance Redesign

Trigr.6481

> @"Trigr.6481" said:

> Resistance : All conditions applied on you, or already applied are halved in duration.

>

> Personally I wouldn't mind the absurd uptime on resistance on condi rev if the effects of it didn't completely negate half of the damage spectrum, including soft cc such as immob. Not to mention that in demon stance you don't even have to think, you press your heal or any utility and boom, mega resistance uptime because of demonic defiance. I'd rather see the effects of the boon itself change rather than condi rev getting nerfed into the dirt by drastically changing every trait regarding resistance. I honestly wouldn't mind fighting it if I could actually land an immob, but simply because of res they can just have sloppy mindless reaction time and rotations because they know one boon will save them.

>

> And in A-net speak changing one boon instead of reworking several traits should be easier on you anyways. My suggested change would still make resistance a very strong skill, and something you can more widely use on all classes since the effects are not as mindlessly potent. Please consider this.

>

> Countless

>

>

Easier and better: Condi damage is reduced to 0 while under the effects of resistance. So other soft cc and condi effects are still in effect and such provide a counterplay other than stripping the boon.

If you like that idea i first posted it 4 years ago...

Well this could have been solved very easily if Anet didn't pull a move to nerf boon strip. If we had the same amount of boon strip as we did boon creation we wouldn't complaining about Crev, for example.

I notice when I play my meme condi core mesmer and adjust my build to strip boons more the Crevs die WAY faster than without it. Issue is I'm sacrificing too much just to counter ONE class. It shouldn't be this way.

My second biggest gripe is the fact that A LOT of the Mallyx skills hardly have animations. I can only maybe dodge one or two noteworthy skills while any other ones I'm taking a guess on because there's nothing visually anticipate. I am a visual person and need that cue or I'll simply miss my opportunity to dodge entirely

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> Well this could have been solved very easily if Anet didn't pull a move to nerf boon strip. If we had the same amount of boon strip as we did boon creation we wouldn't complaining about Crev, for example.

>

> I notice when I play my meme condi core mesmer and adjust my build to strip boons more the Crevs die WAY faster than without it. Issue is I'm sacrificing too much just to counter ONE class. It shouldn't be this way.

>

> My second biggest gripe is the fact that A LOT of the Mallyx skills hardly have animations. I can only maybe dodge one or two noteworthy skills while any other ones I'm taking a guess on because there's nothing visually anticipate. I am a visual person and need that cue or I'll simply miss my opportunity to dodge entirely

It's probably True Nature - Demon causing this problem. Sending back your conditions with only 1/4 cast time and 600 radius, all the actual Mallyx skills are very visually apparent otherwise.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > Well this could have been solved very easily if Anet didn't pull a move to nerf boon strip. If we had the same amount of boon strip as we did boon creation we wouldn't complaining about Crev, for example.

> >

> > I notice when I play my meme condi core mesmer and adjust my build to strip boons more the Crevs die WAY faster than without it. Issue is I'm sacrificing too much just to counter ONE class. It shouldn't be this way.

> >

> > My second biggest gripe is the fact that A LOT of the Mallyx skills hardly have animations. I can only maybe dodge one or two noteworthy skills while any other ones I'm taking a guess on because there's nothing visually anticipate. I am a visual person and need that cue or I'll simply miss my opportunity to dodge entirely

>

> It's probably True Nature - Demon causing this problem. Sending back your conditions with only 1/4 cast time and 600 radius, all the actual Mallyx skills are very visually apparent otherwise.

Are they? Maybe I'm just blind because I see when they go into glint stance, but I have no idea what to dodge when they go mallyx. All I can dodge is mace attacks they shove out occasionally.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > Well this could have been solved very easily if Anet didn't pull a move to nerf boon strip. If we had the same amount of boon strip as we did boon creation we wouldn't complaining about Crev, for example.

> > >

> > > I notice when I play my meme condi core mesmer and adjust my build to strip boons more the Crevs die WAY faster than without it. Issue is I'm sacrificing too much just to counter ONE class. It shouldn't be this way.

> > >

> > > My second biggest gripe is the fact that A LOT of the Mallyx skills hardly have animations. I can only maybe dodge one or two noteworthy skills while any other ones I'm taking a guess on because there's nothing visually anticipate. I am a visual person and need that cue or I'll simply miss my opportunity to dodge entirely

> >

> > It's probably True Nature - Demon causing this problem. Sending back your conditions with only 1/4 cast time and 600 radius, all the actual Mallyx skills are very visually apparent otherwise.

>

> Are they? Maybe I'm just blind because I see when they go into glint stance, but I have no idea what to dodge when they go mallyx. All I can dodge is mace attacks they shove out occasionally.

The AoE pull (Call to Anguish) is pretty much the only skill you'd have to dodge, and it's pretty obvious when they're leaping right at you. Other than that there's the elite skill (Embrace the Darkness) with the big pulsing torment field around them that you don't really dodge, just stay as far away as possible.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> Well this could have been solved very easily if Anet didn't pull a move to nerf boon strip. If we had the same amount of boon strip as we did boon creation we wouldn't complaining about Crev, for example.

>

> I notice when I play my meme condi core mesmer and adjust my build to strip boons more the Crevs die WAY faster than without it. Issue is I'm sacrificing too much just to counter ONE class. It shouldn't be this way.

>

> My second biggest gripe is the fact that A LOT of the Mallyx skills hardly have animations. I can only maybe dodge one or two noteworthy skills while any other ones I'm taking a guess on because there's nothing visually anticipate. I am a visual person and need that cue or I'll simply miss my opportunity to dodge entirely

boon rip isn't an issue because crev is hardly ever in team fights, it's a strict side noder so it's usually 1v1's and +1's that occur unless you mean giving boon rip to literally every class so they can fight a op meta build atm then sure. in team fights resistance can be stripped easily but this isn't where crev shines so it's irrelevant and can be easily overpressured once glint is used up.

this is mainly why op is complaining because he's a condi mesmer who is a far bot and his build is hard countered by resistance.

> @"Poledra Val.1490" said:

> Hey Anet do us all a favour and nerf this class pls some more, its become utterly obnoxious and rewards players so darn easily for very little effort. I know this will fall on deaf ears because the balance team wont cater towards anything but pve but hey ho.

i think its time to buff..... for example facet of chaos to its old standard. Then nobody would be deaf

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Poledra Val.1490" said:

> > Hey Anet do us all a favour and nerf this class pls some more, its become utterly obnoxious and rewards players so darn easily for very little effort. I know this will fall on deaf ears because the balance team wont cater towards anything but pve but hey ho

>

> i think its time to buff..... for example facet of chaos to its old standard. Then nobody would be deaf

That nerf of protection duration on facet of chaos was actually a stupid nerf. The real is issues was (and still is) Draconic echo.

Facet of chaos is an upkeep. The point of upkeep is keeping them up if you want to benefit from them. Draconic echo allows you to use an upkeep without the tradeoff of the energy drain. This on is own is stupid. The only skill which is close from this stupidity is chrono's continuum split which allows you to use a skill without wasting the cd. But at least it has 1m30s + to balance it.

With the actual nerf, if you keep up facet of chaos for (slightly less than) 3secs, you only get 2 secs of protection. This means there is 1sec where your upkeep is actually useless.

You keep up an upkeep but gain (almost) nothing meanwhile with draconic echo you actually don t keep up the upkeep but gain 2 additional tics. Where is the logic here??? You basically gain more by double-tapping.

Before the nerf, double tap facet of chaos you will have 9secs of protection. After nerf, you now have 6secs. The nerf is real (-33%) but the cheesiness is still there.

Imagine if you could benefit for an extra 6 secs of impossible odds or embrace the darkness or renegade's elite just by double tapping.....

In a nutshell: draconic echo needs to go.

> @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> In a nutshell: draconic echo needs to go.

>

Handing out boons like crazy is a major issue with this game in general.

Draconic echo is just really, really, really stupid.

IMO herald shouldn't have any boons at all, it's basically a DPS spec that also gives you tons of boons? that's not balanced.