Thief changes suggestions

Shiyo.3578

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> Global changes

> * Stealth no longer stacks duration.

The problem is not how much stealth you can stack before hit, but the stealth-hit-stealth mechanics that is unfair to face.

As main thief I would like to have 6 seconds of Revealed in WvW and PvP.

> Weapon Changes

> Trait Changes

Your "suggestions" can be summarized in one sentence: "I want that all thieves will only play the same and only one build in every modes (PvE, PvP, WvW): Sword Dagger".

All your changes are goind in the same direction: buff Sword, nerf all the other weapons set.

I don't like it.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> I know my suggestions are good when it makes people respond emotionally.

No, that just means they make people respond emotionally and that's all it means

You can respond emotionally to something good or bad but responding to something emotionally doesn't factually show/prove it's either.

This pretty much reads like every "suggestion" thread on every MMO board since the dawn of MMOs, simply put "nerf stealth". I don't even run a stealth build.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> **I know my suggestions are good when it makes people respond emotionally.**

> > @"MysteryMen.3791" said:

> > Shiyo stop making such baseless suggestions. You completely delete every facet of thief making it a completely unplayable class. Did a thief farm you in ranked or something? This is a really REALLY bad suggestion in every way.

>

> I am a thief. The class is absurdly overpowered and dictates the entire meta.

>

> I'd prefer actual criticism and discussions, not "xd ur dumb and must be trolling because you have a DIFFERENT OPINION than me(this doesn't mean someone is trolling, btw) delete your account".

>

> The "your percentages are too high/not high enough" is fine, those are just random numbers. The point is those abilities need to be buffed/nerfed by some amount to make them weaker/stronger.

That's the answer of someone who knows they don't have any argument and is frantically trying to not look dumb. Whenever someone points out how even just one part of your suggestions wont work or that you're clearly trying to get this thief class nerfed because you need a handycap on whatever your actual main is you suddenly give a dismissive answer after pretending to put so much thought into all the details. You've suggested nerfing everything in your first post that thieves actually use and then you suggest stacking all of the strength into one or two non utility builds that wont have an answer to any threat.

Updated some stuff based on feedback(thank you).

Changed:

* Infiltrators Return: added 30 second cooldown. Now removes 3 conditions and breaks stun.

* Debilitating Arc: Reduced initiative cost to 2, removes 2 conditions, heals you for 100 and no longer evades.

* Sundering Shade: Reworked. Now causes your next stealth attack to deal 25% additional critical damage after using a dual attack. After using a stealth attack your next dual attack deals 25% additional critical damage. 10% in PvP and WvW.

* Death Blossom: No longer an evade in PvP and WvW. No longer applies bleeding, instead transfers up to 3 conditions onto nearby enemies. Power damage increased by 30% in PvE only.

* Sword Play: Gain 10 power and 10 ferocity every time you attack. Stacks up to 10 times.

* Dueling: Successfully landing a hit with any attack reduces the initiative cost of your next dual skill by 1. Stacks up to 5 times.

* Dagger Storm: No longer an evade, now a projectile reflect only again.

Removed:

* Concealing restoration: No longer grants stealth when using a healing skill in PvP or WvW, instead using a healing skill applies 2 stacks of skelk venom to yourself and nearby allies.

* Hidden Thief: No longer grants stealth on steal in PvP and WvW.

* Endurance thief: Now also reduces the duration of all stealth you apply by 2 seconds.

New:

* Death Blossom: No longer an evade in PvP and WvW. No longer applies bleeding, instead transfers up to 3 conditions onto nearby enemies. Power damage increased by 30% in PvE only.

* Sundering Shade: Reworked. Now causes your next stealth attack to deal 25% additional critical damage after using a dual attack. After using a stealth attack your next dual attack deals 25% additional critical damage. 10% in PvP and WvW.

* Shadowstep: No longer breaks stun or removes conditions. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds.

* Caltrops: No longer bleeds. Applies 5 seconds of weakness , 5 seconds of blind and breaks stun. Cooldown reduced to 25 seconds.

* Bandit's Defense: Duration increased to 3 seconds.

Reason behind caltrops/shadowstep changes is because being stuck using the same utilities for 8 years is really boring at this point. Shadowstep does too much

All I want is for D/D 3 to be an evade Gap closer.

I would like it to be a non target locked 400 range dash which evades and applies Bleed and Poison to anyone in the way, similar to how Ele's Flame Dash functions.

D/D needs this gap closer to compete with other weapon sets, and Death Blossom is also really really underwhelming in PvE.