Thank you for the WoD love Anet

Lahmia.2193

>Well of Darkness: Reduced recharge from 35 seconds to 25 seconds. This well is no longer unblockable and has a damaging strike associated with it. It now also inflicts 2 seconds of chill each pulse in addition to blindness.

Haven't tried Condi reaper for a while but, could be some buff for it, no ?

5 pulse of chill = 10 bleeding; and 2 more chill with Chilling Darkness trait = 4 bleeding, + the crit chance to proc Brarbed Precision trait, for 25sec CD

Otherwise, yeah that's not cool we have lost protection. Honestly I have never played the blood magic trait on wells, but Well of blood and well of power could grant protection too.

> @"wolfyrik.2017" said:

> surely the wells have been nerfed overall? Traited wells had a 24 second cooldown, protection and life siphon. Now they have a 25 second cooldown and nothing else. Untraited, sure, but still longer than before.

Think you underestimate the nature of "untraited". Its not that you dont need VR anymore...its more you dont need bloodmagic at all.

> @"wolfyrik.2017" said:

> surely the wells have been nerfed overall? Traited wells had a 24 second cooldown, protection and life siphon. Now they have a 25 second cooldown and nothing else. Untraited, sure, but still longer than before.

It is not that bad of a trade...

Edit: strike that. It is a bad trade, now

> @"wolfyrik.2017" said:

Well you win some and you lose some. For those players that never ran Vampiric Rituals, this is a straight up buff. And ye for those that did, this is a nerf, hence win some lose some.

Overall it would have been better if they at least kept the wells trait and moved it down to a lower tier or a different trait line altogether. if needed with a changed effect. The cd reduction is nice, but the bigger problem is that the weapon skills do so low damage.

Overall this patch does not change much. Bloodbank is good on paper and in PvP / group scenarios as healing while in shroud is converted into a barrier, thus your allies dont waste heals on shroud if you have the trait which in response increases shroud uptime. But in any isolated build you will most likely never overheal yourself. Its quite ironic that this trait now competes with transfusion which is a really good group scenario trait. To add insult to injury it does not work with Parasitic Contagion qhich might have been its saving grace in some scenarios.

Dread is as expected pretty useless. Necromancers dont have reliable and frequent access to fear at all so the effects of this trait are underwhelming as well. The CD reduction is way too niche. Reaper in general does not need more quickness. Its also not worth it to replace for Bligthers Boon as its way too unreliable to proc. Even as sorta out of shroud quickness its way too unreliable, as there is exactly one single weapon skill that causes fear, on a weapon that does not benefit from quickness like at all. Core power necro is a meme. Core Condi necro does not need quickness, it may help to get the condi burst off quicker in a fear chain, but thats hardly of use unless you oneshot people which will never happen because anet would hotfix it. Scourges as well do not really need quickness either.

Signet of Vampirism actually was a huge nerf as it "should" be a reliable heal but amplify the problem of necros being easily kited and punished from range even more. The signet trait change is a nerf as well, the builds that make good use of it because of signet of undeath are nerfed. Signet of Vampirism change nerfed it further. The only saving grace might be signet of locust, but then again: who would really use it over the likes of Swalk or wurm?

The biggest thing in this patch is signet of the locust as its quite strong, doubling as a second heal while being really flavourfull with corrupting boons into healing, as well as Well of Darkness as its damage is pretty high which is interesting for WvW and for PvE.

I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

I'm pretty sure the well will be nerf soon. At least in pvp/www.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

>

> As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

Condi reaper was already 29-31k; it's just it needs gimmicks (like scourge) that are limited in situation (the combo on frost field, the dagger #4 etc).

The new well is a pure bomb for condi reaper : 6 chill + 6 blindness (2 chill) = 16 bleeding (16sec), every 20sec, with chance to trigger Barbed precision and okaish power damage. Far more better than the scorpion minion. It easily close the gap and surpass power.

Power reaper is more bursty, selfish and ... simple ... you put 2 aoe, then shroud then spam skills.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

> >

> > As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

>

> Condi reaper was already 29-31k; it's just it needs gimmicks (like scourge) that are limited in situation (the combo on frost field, the dagger #4 etc).

> The new well is a pure bomb for condi reaper : 6 chill + 6 blindness (2 chill) = 16 bleeding (16sec), every 20sec, with chance to trigger Barbed precision and okaish power damage. Far more better than the scorpion minion. It easily close the gap and surpass power.

>

> Power reaper is more bursty, selfish and ... simple ... you put 2 aoe, then shroud then spam skills.

The problem with Condi Reaper is just as you said: it's gimmicky. Chill fields are often overwritten when playing with other players and that's a big source of bleeds. The well may make up for it but I am still not sure it's enough to save condi Reaper. Also if it was 29-31k, why wasn't it benched on SC? Considering they have previously shown condi Reaper damage even when it was 29k.

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

>

> As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

What condi reaper needs is a slight buff to [Deathly Chill](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Chill) to get in line with other builds.

> > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

> > >

> > > As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

> >

> > Condi reaper was already 29-31k; it's just it needs gimmicks (like scourge) that are limited in situation (the combo on frost field, the dagger #4 etc).

> > The new well is a pure bomb for condi reaper : 6 chill + 6 blindness (2 chill) = 16 bleeding (16sec), every 20sec, with chance to trigger Barbed precision and okaish power damage. Far more better than the scorpion minion. It easily close the gap and surpass power.

> >

> > Power reaper is more bursty, selfish and ... simple ... you put 2 aoe, then shroud then spam skills.

>

> The problem with Condi Reaper is just as you said: it's gimmicky. Chill fields are often overwritten when playing with other players and that's a big source of bleeds. The well may make up for it but I am still not sure it's enough to save condi Reaper. Also if it was 29-31k, why wasn't it benched on SC? Considering they have previously shown condi Reaper damage even when it was 29k.

I don't know that. Why condi daredevil wasn't benched too ? Or condi deadeye ? Or pistol/pistol deadeye ? Or power scrapper ?

Do they have to note on their page all meme builds, etc, with ~30k, or better than scourge on a golem ?

The real question is why they recorded power reaper, SpB and scourge.

+ The guy who did 29k forgot to press 3 while in shroud. After that it's a question of min-max grieving/sinister/vipere and sigils.

But yes, this is unplayable in groups; too much field and condi-cleanse, you lose a big part of your dps (Auto-condition on corruptions skills, combo finisher etc).

Still it could be interesting to compare power and condi reaper in real situation.

> @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

> >

> > As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

>

> What condi reaper needs is a slight buff to [Deathly Chill](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Chill) to get in line with other builds.

Revert the old change to make it 3 stacks for 6 seconds.

And same for Cold Shoulder, it could gives a condition damage modificator.

> > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

> > >

> > > As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

> >

> > What condi reaper needs is a slight buff to [Deathly Chill](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Chill) to get in line with other builds.

>

> Revert the old change to make it 3 stacks for 6 seconds.

> And same for Cold Shoulder, it could gives a condition damage modificator.

I can add to that that giving [signet of spite](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Spite) a small passive condition damage increase.

There are many small tweaks that might make condi reaper a better build without making it overpowered. I wonder what is keeping Anet from improving it and allowing more build diversity.

> > >

> >

> > What condi reaper needs is a slight buff to [Deathly Chill](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Chill) to get in line with other builds.

>

No need to nerf Power Reaper to help Condi.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

> > > >

> > > > As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

> > >

> > > What condi reaper needs is a slight buff to [Deathly Chill](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Chill) to get in line with other builds.

> >

> > Revert the old change to make it 3 stacks for 6 seconds.

> > And same for Cold Shoulder, it could gives a condition damage modificator.

>

> No need to nerf Power Reaper to help Condi.

When did anyone say nerf power reaper??

> @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > > @"trixantea.1230" said:

> > > > > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > > I don't want to be that guy but with that, condi reaper might deal more damage than power reaper and condi scourge and I'm pretty sure there will be some people to complain that: "Reaper is meant to be the Power spec!!!" or/and "Scourge is meant to be our condi spec!!!"

> > > > >

> > > > > As I mentioned in another thread, in the SC discord there was a guy who managed to get 33.4k on power Reaper. Another tried condi Reaper and got 29.5k though they admitted they still need some tweaks. I personally do not see Condi Reaper over taking power Reaper.

> > > >

> > > > What condi reaper needs is a slight buff to [Deathly Chill](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Chill) to get in line with other builds.

> > >

> > > Revert the old change to make it 3 stacks for 6 seconds.

> > > And same for Cold Shoulder, it could gives a condition damage modificator.

> >

> > No need to nerf Power Reaper to help Condi.

>

> When did anyone say nerf power reaper??

> > >

> >

>

Implies reverting Cold Shoulder, which would remove the extra damage vs chilled. Possible misinterpretation.