What you think is gonna be new thief elite spec and what weapon it will unlock?

Goldenbearcz.1602

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > Hope it won't be a pur dps spec. We have (had) already two DPS e-spec, then they slowly dug the hole to be, today, barely noticeable. I don't want the same for the next one. Deadeye Fire For Effect was outstanding, but fury/mightbot ... an other one ? :# And not the best one. :#

> > > But, reading the core traits, I don't see logical others roles. There is no real support in core, except some gimmicks like venom share, Signet of Agility, some heal on stealth or f1 ... Hard to design something else than an other selfish spec.

> > > Or a ground targeting F1 (like scourge), classic you'll do the steal but to 3-5 enemies in a zone, but you could also support easier with Shadow Savior if you target your allies, traits to share the effects of Steal, stealth attack, and the stolen skill (thrill of the crime, hidden thief, Mug, Improvisation, double the effect of shadow savior and ... that's all ?)

> >

> > Technically, daredevil is not supposed to be a dps spec, but a bruiser spec. They are supposed to be the thief version of a tank, giving the thief alot of cc and defense to stay alive (weakness, additional dodges, block, projectile reflect....).

> >

> > Daredevil just migrated into a dps playstyle because tanks are not needed for this game....

> > The same happened to other tank specs. Scrappers migrated to a support playstyle to avoid competition with holosmith as the dps spec as well as at least having _some_ supportive value with their gyros. Spellbreaker also migrated into the dps role, but they can't really compete with berserkers in that role, hence why spellbreakers are fairly rare.

> >

> > So right now, thief has a tank spec and a dps spec. What thief needs is a support spec. I think they can find a way to make a spec able to ill the healer role. For example, core thief has a trait that heals allies for shadow stepping. If they make an e-spec around such concept, being able to shadow step on allies and that skill heals allies on landing, that would double down on that playstyle.

>

> Daredevil's staff doesn't have the tools to make it a tank. The trait line and ONE SINGLE physical utility does, but nothing else is "tank". It needs rev staff or ranger gsword(lol) to be a tank really.

Daredevil's staff has quite alot of survivability in the kit.

The auto attack has a reflect for projectiles, which can be quite useful for some encounters. Boneskinner, for example, comes to my mind.

Staff provides evasion frames on 2 skills: 3 and 5.

It also has AoE blind (I know, not really helping against PvE bosses, but at least adding survivability in other environments, like fighting multiple enemies in PvP).

Then there is also an AoE weakness on 2, which benefits daredevil additionally since that elite spec has a trait that makes them take less damage from weakened foes.

The physical skills are mostly focused around hard CC, which is fine since hard CC is also a major design point of the bruiser elite specs. Look at spellbreaker and scrapper, both also have hard CC added to their skills and get additional benefits from CCing enemies.

Daredevil also has a trait that makes them take advantage of hard CC: they apply pulmonary impact on enemies they interrupt. I know, that trait is heavily nerfed for PvP, but in PvE it still has quite some power damage scaling with 3,28.

You are also not accounting that _traited_ physical skills, again, add additional survivability. Using a traited physical skill gains you endurance for additional dodges once again.

Daredevil is an unconventional tank, since it isn't using "traditional" tank mechanics like additional armor, blocks, etc.

This is because Anet wanted to design a tank spec for thief that is still coherent with thief's thematics, hence why daredevil is using dodges as their primary tank mechanic.

But there is still no doubt that daredevil is designed to be thief's tank/bruiser elite spec.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically, I imagine its going to be a support spec with some kind of spellcasting focus. Possibly Scepter, since Staff is taken.

Its the one area Thief hasn't gone at all.

Players are requesting Off-Sword or Greatsword, but I doubt that'll happen. There's certain weapons the devs don't seem to like giving to classes because they're already overabundant, though I hope they make an exception with Rev and give us Balthazar+GS.

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> "samurai" as a concept e-spec might fight warrior better (but they can already use GS!!!)

Samurai actually fits none of the GW2 professions.

And even the closest fit would be Male **Human** Mesmer.

A Samurai was the son of a noble family.

This means, only human males, who chose nobility as their background, would fit.

Being noble, Samurai were raised to be intellectual and well-versed in Arts.

As far as professions in GW2 go, only Mesmers have connections to arts.

In case people actually want a regular Japanese foot-soldier that's swing a weaponized tuna knife, it's better off being called _Bushi._

But, despite popular modern media, swords were rarely the preferred weapon, as most Warriors preferred glaives or spears (and later matchlock rifles).

But since Bushi basically means warrior, which already is the name of the core profession, such an elite spec would be better of being named after its thematically fitting weapon; maybe Glaivemaster or Spearbearer.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > "samurai" as a concept e-spec might fight warrior better (but they can already use GS!!!)

> Samurai actually fits none of the GW2 professions.

> And even the closest fit would be Male **Human** Mesmer.

>

> A Samurai was the son of a noble family.

> This means, only human males, who chose nobility as their background, would fit.

> Being noble, Samurai were raised to be intellectual and well-versed in Arts.

> As far as professions in GW2 go, only Mesmers have connections to arts.

>

> In case people actually want a regular Japanese foot-soldier that's swing a weaponized tuna knife, it's better off being called _Bushi._

>

> But, despite popular modern media, swords were rarely the preferred weapon, as most Warriors preferred glaives or spears (and later matchlock rifles).

> But since Bushi basically means warrior, which already is the name of the core profession, such an elite spec would be better of being named after its thematically fitting weapon; maybe Glaivemaster or Spearbearer.

I think you are a bit reaching here.

While samurai were versed in arts, they didn't actually use them in combat. So mesmer's relation to arts is basically meaningless here.

Samurai also had virtues they had to hold up, a strict honor code.

One of these virtues was honesty and sincerity. No trickery, no deception, just always being straight forward and honest.

Mesmer is nothing of this, they are quite the opposite, always scheming, manipulating, deceiving.....

Mesmer is really unfitting for a samurai elite spec.

I think one profession that _could_ become a samurai would be revenant. They are still open for a greatsword, so the weapon would fit. Considering that revenants are summoning ancient legends, they might have strong ties to tradition. They are not as cunning and deceiving as mesmers or thieves.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> I think you are a bit reaching here.

And you are forgetting the primary function of what a Samurai in feudal Japan's society were: Servants to a lord.

> Samurai also had virtues they had to hold up, a strict honor code.

Whether or not a Samurai was able to uphold their personal, private virtues primarily depended on their lords' attitude towards these virtues.

After all, a Samurai's primary job was a servant. A high ranking servant still is a servant.

Some Samurai didn't even have their personal "code of honour", as they were forced by their parents into that role!

If your lord ordered you to do despicable and dishonourable deeds, what would you do?

Do your job and be a high-ranking, dishonourable servant?

Betray your lord and run away, becoming an honourless vagabond (and no longer be a Samurai, as you threw away both your nobility and servitude)?

> One of these virtues was honesty and sincerity.

This is a purely personal thing and likely varied from Samurai to Samurai.

>No trickery, no deception, just always being straight forward and honest.

This is strongly dependant on the strategies their lords were using them for, how the lord demands for the Samurai to act and behave.

If the lord told the Samurai to deceive the enemy and ambush an enemy troop, they were to do just that.

If we translate the lords into GW2, we would have the tribunes, human gods and spirits of the wild.

Therefore human Mesmers are servants to Lyssa, who are quite deceiving twins.

A Samurai serving them therefore would also be deceiving.

Norn Mesmers and Raven are similar.

As for Charr, the lords would be the tribunes. Both Smodur and the Ash one are scheming ones.

I'm not sure how it would work out for Asura and Sylvari.

> Mesmer is nothing of this, they are quite the opposite, always scheming, manipulating, deceiving.....

> Mesmer is really unfitting for a samurai elite spec.

As per points above, that's not true.

> I think one profession that _could_ become a samurai would be revenant. They are still open for a greatsword, so the weapon would fit.

This is just reaching into the distorted image that modern media depicts.

For most samurai, a sword (if they even used one) served as a backup weapon to their backup weapon.

Most samurai primarily used bows. The (first) backup weapon usually was a glaive or spear.

But Revenants don't need or should get Greatsword anyway. There already are enough professions using it.

However, after Arenanet ruining Hammer, Revenants could make use of a properly working 1200 range weapon.

A longbow would align with a Samurai's military ability.

We already have that "honourable" pop fiction virtues-chaser that _can_ fight straight forward with no strings or trickery attached.

It's Core Guardian.

@"Fueki.4753"

Alot of what you say is true. For the real life.

But we are talking about a fictional game here. Common media tropes **will** have an influence here. And when you think about common tropes for samurai in media, which weapon does come to mind first? I can guarantee you that the big majority of people will answer with "katana" in this case, not with "longbow".

Also I don't think we should consider the tribunes, spirits of the wild or human gods as the lords here.

Keep in mind that our elite specs, **especially** a samurai elite spec, will get influenced by Canthan culture and the first figure coming to mind as the lord in this case are not some deities, but the emperor.

If you consider Lyssa as a lord for human samurai, then you can legit make a case that **all** classes are fitting candidates for the samurai elite spec.

Engineer? That is a raven worshipping/iron legion samurai.

Elementalist? Balthasar/Grenth/Dwayna/Melandru/fire legion.....

Thief? Also associated with Lyssa, possibly ash legion.

Just using "servant" as a definition doesn't suffice here.

If we are looking at the common samurai tropes, then mesmer or thief are not fitting that.

And if Anet wants to design a samurai, they would likely go with these tropes, there is a reason why these are popular.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > "samurai" as a concept e-spec might fight warrior better (but they can already use GS!!!)

> > Samurai actually fits none of the GW2 professions.

> > And even the closest fit would be Male **Human** Mesmer.

> >

> > A Samurai was the son of a noble family.

> > This means, only human males, who chose nobility as their background, would fit.

> > Being noble, Samurai were raised to be intellectual and well-versed in Arts.

> > As far as professions in GW2 go, only Mesmers have connections to arts.

> >

> > In case people actually want a regular Japanese foot-soldier that's swing a weaponized tuna knife, it's better off being called _Bushi._

> >

> > But, despite popular modern media, swords were rarely the preferred weapon, as most Warriors preferred glaives or spears (and later matchlock rifles).

> > But since Bushi basically means warrior, which already is the name of the core profession, such an elite spec would be better of being named after its thematically fitting weapon; maybe Glaivemaster or Spearbearer.

>

> I think you are a bit reaching here.

>

> While samurai were versed in arts, they didn't actually use them in combat. So mesmer's relation to arts is basically meaningless here.

> Samurai also had virtues they had to hold up, a strict honor code.

>

> One of these virtues was honesty and sincerity. No trickery, no deception, just always being straight forward and honest.

> Mesmer is nothing of this, they are quite the opposite, always scheming, manipulating, deceiving.....

> Mesmer is really unfitting for a samurai elite spec.

>

> I think one profession that _could_ become a samurai would be revenant. They are still open for a greatsword, so the weapon would fit. Considering that revenants are summoning ancient legends, they might have strong ties to tradition. They are not as cunning and deceiving as mesmers or thieves.

I think revs to magic based for samurai to be honest unless hes evoking gw2 versions of oni spirits like a supernatural samurai. Warrior with spear and slightly altered gs skills would fit best and teef ronin would be possible to. Though there is a oni gs lol

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > > "samurai" as a concept e-spec might fight warrior better (but they can already use GS!!!)

> > > Samurai actually fits none of the GW2 professions.

> > > And even the closest fit would be Male **Human** Mesmer.

> > >

> > > A Samurai was the son of a noble family.

> > > This means, only human males, who chose nobility as their background, would fit.

> > > Being noble, Samurai were raised to be intellectual and well-versed in Arts.

> > > As far as professions in GW2 go, only Mesmers have connections to arts.

> > >

> > > In case people actually want a regular Japanese foot-soldier that's swing a weaponized tuna knife, it's better off being called _Bushi._

> > >

> > > But, despite popular modern media, swords were rarely the preferred weapon, as most Warriors preferred glaives or spears (and later matchlock rifles).

> > > But since Bushi basically means warrior, which already is the name of the core profession, such an elite spec would be better of being named after its thematically fitting weapon; maybe Glaivemaster or Spearbearer.

> >

> > I think you are a bit reaching here.

> >

> > While samurai were versed in arts, they didn't actually use them in combat. So mesmer's relation to arts is basically meaningless here.

> > Samurai also had virtues they had to hold up, a strict honor code.

> >

> > One of these virtues was honesty and sincerity. No trickery, no deception, just always being straight forward and honest.

> > Mesmer is nothing of this, they are quite the opposite, always scheming, manipulating, deceiving.....

> > Mesmer is really unfitting for a samurai elite spec.

> >

> > I think one profession that _could_ become a samurai would be revenant. They are still open for a greatsword, so the weapon would fit. Considering that revenants are summoning ancient legends, they might have strong ties to tradition. They are not as cunning and deceiving as mesmers or thieves.

>

> I think revs to magic based for samurai to be honest unless hes evoking gw2 versions of oni spirits like a supernatural samurai. Warrior with spear and slightly altered gs skills would fit best and teef ronin would be possible to. Though there is a oni gs lol

Could be true that rev might seem a bit too magic based. But considering that they could invoke the spirit of some legendary samurai from Cantha, I thought it might still work out.

Especially since Cantha is worshipping their heroes to such extend, as you could see with the ash mechanic from ritualist in GW1.

Warrior and thief might work thematically with the weapons you mention, one problem I see with them tho: Both warrior and thief are in need of a support spec next.

Both classes can't realistically support currently and Anet had the goal that every class should be able to fill every role in the end (damage, tank, support).

I don't think that a samurai elite spec really works well with the premise of a support playstyle.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > > > "samurai" as a concept e-spec might fight warrior better (but they can already use GS!!!)

> > > > Samurai actually fits none of the GW2 professions.

> > > > And even the closest fit would be Male **Human** Mesmer.

> > > >

> > > > A Samurai was the son of a noble family.

> > > > This means, only human males, who chose nobility as their background, would fit.

> > > > Being noble, Samurai were raised to be intellectual and well-versed in Arts.

> > > > As far as professions in GW2 go, only Mesmers have connections to arts.

> > > >

> > > > In case people actually want a regular Japanese foot-soldier that's swing a weaponized tuna knife, it's better off being called _Bushi._

> > > >

> > > > But, despite popular modern media, swords were rarely the preferred weapon, as most Warriors preferred glaives or spears (and later matchlock rifles).

> > > > But since Bushi basically means warrior, which already is the name of the core profession, such an elite spec would be better of being named after its thematically fitting weapon; maybe Glaivemaster or Spearbearer.

> > >

> > > I think you are a bit reaching here.

> > >

> > > While samurai were versed in arts, they didn't actually use them in combat. So mesmer's relation to arts is basically meaningless here.

> > > Samurai also had virtues they had to hold up, a strict honor code.

> > >

> > > One of these virtues was honesty and sincerity. No trickery, no deception, just always being straight forward and honest.

> > > Mesmer is nothing of this, they are quite the opposite, always scheming, manipulating, deceiving.....

> > > Mesmer is really unfitting for a samurai elite spec.

> > >

> > > I think one profession that _could_ become a samurai would be revenant. They are still open for a greatsword, so the weapon would fit. Considering that revenants are summoning ancient legends, they might have strong ties to tradition. They are not as cunning and deceiving as mesmers or thieves.

> >

> > I think revs to magic based for samurai to be honest unless hes evoking gw2 versions of oni spirits like a supernatural samurai. Warrior with spear and slightly altered gs skills would fit best and teef ronin would be possible to. Though there is a oni gs lol

>

> Could be true that rev might seem a bit too magic based. But considering that they could invoke the spirit of some legendary samurai from Cantha, I thought it might still work out.

> Especially since Cantha is worshipping their heroes to such extend, as you could see with the ash mechanic from ritualist in GW1.

>

> Warrior and thief might work thematically with the weapons you mention, one problem I see with them tho: Both warrior and thief are in need of a support spec next.

> Both classes can't realistically support currently and Anet had the goal that every class should be able to fill every role in the end (damage, tank, support).

> I don't think that a samurai elite spec really works well with the premise of a support playstyle.

Very true. War and thief may not ever get a full on support spec as their not really specs fitting of full on supportive playstyles other then the odd support trait here and there. If they did release support specs for either imo it wouldnt fit the class and I'd fear they'd be very lackluster and way less effective then support specs we already have like fb, scrap and druid. The specs would quickly become pointless imo only of course, it's all subjective.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > > > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > > > > "samurai" as a concept e-spec might fight warrior better (but they can already use GS!!!)

> > > > > Samurai actually fits none of the GW2 professions.

> > > > > And even the closest fit would be Male **Human** Mesmer.

> > > > >

> > > > > A Samurai was the son of a noble family.

> > > > > This means, only human males, who chose nobility as their background, would fit.

> > > > > Being noble, Samurai were raised to be intellectual and well-versed in Arts.

> > > > > As far as professions in GW2 go, only Mesmers have connections to arts.

> > > > >

> > > > > In case people actually want a regular Japanese foot-soldier that's swing a weaponized tuna knife, it's better off being called _Bushi._

> > > > >

> > > > > But, despite popular modern media, swords were rarely the preferred weapon, as most Warriors preferred glaives or spears (and later matchlock rifles).

> > > > > But since Bushi basically means warrior, which already is the name of the core profession, such an elite spec would be better of being named after its thematically fitting weapon; maybe Glaivemaster or Spearbearer.

> > > >

> > > > I think you are a bit reaching here.

> > > >

> > > > While samurai were versed in arts, they didn't actually use them in combat. So mesmer's relation to arts is basically meaningless here.

> > > > Samurai also had virtues they had to hold up, a strict honor code.

> > > >

> > > > One of these virtues was honesty and sincerity. No trickery, no deception, just always being straight forward and honest.

> > > > Mesmer is nothing of this, they are quite the opposite, always scheming, manipulating, deceiving.....

> > > > Mesmer is really unfitting for a samurai elite spec.

> > > >

> > > > I think one profession that _could_ become a samurai would be revenant. They are still open for a greatsword, so the weapon would fit. Considering that revenants are summoning ancient legends, they might have strong ties to tradition. They are not as cunning and deceiving as mesmers or thieves.

> > >

> > > I think revs to magic based for samurai to be honest unless hes evoking gw2 versions of oni spirits like a supernatural samurai. Warrior with spear and slightly altered gs skills would fit best and teef ronin would be possible to. Though there is a oni gs lol

> >

> > Could be true that rev might seem a bit too magic based. But considering that they could invoke the spirit of some legendary samurai from Cantha, I thought it might still work out.

> > Especially since Cantha is worshipping their heroes to such extend, as you could see with the ash mechanic from ritualist in GW1.

> >

> > Warrior and thief might work thematically with the weapons you mention, one problem I see with them tho: Both warrior and thief are in need of a support spec next.

> > Both classes can't realistically support currently and Anet had the goal that every class should be able to fill every role in the end (damage, tank, support).

> > I don't think that a samurai elite spec really works well with the premise of a support playstyle.

>

> Very true. War and thief may not ever get a full on support spec as their not really specs fitting of full on supportive playstyles other then the odd support trait here and there. If they did release support specs for either imo it wouldnt fit the class and I'd fear they'd be very lackluster and way less effective then support specs we already have like fb, scrap and druid. The specs would quickly become pointless imo only of course, it's all subjective.

Small correction: scrapper is not a support spec.

It is a bruiser spec, supposed to fill the tank playstyle for the engineer.

Support builds utilising scrapper exist, but mostly because engineer already has quite some good support features with alchemy and inventions. Core engineer lacks a third support trait line, that's one reason why scrapper fills in there, since it gives _some_ benefits for the support playstyle.

Using scrapper in support builds also lets scrapper avoid competition with holosmith, which is a damage spec.

Bruisers/tanks are unfortunately not really needed in the game, hence why many of the bruiser specs migrated into different playstyles. Scrapper was lucky to have a solid support foundation, so it can avoid competition with holosmith, but other bruisers were not so lucky.

Spellbreaker and daredevil are also bruisers. But their foundation doesn't allow support builds, hence why these specs are used in **damage** builds. But they have to compete with their other elite specs, which were actually designed to deal high damage (berserker and deadeye).

But you can easily see that scrapper is not getting used as intended here, that build even has a dead grandmaster minor trait. Support scrappers deal no damage, period, since they camp med kit. Meaning their barrier generation is wasted.

What engineer needs is also a support spec, but in a different way than thief and warrior.

Engineer needs better boons to share, maybe unique buffs, to make it able to compete with druids/hfbs.

But warrior and thief are in need of mechanics to sustain their allies, like barrier or heals.

Necromancer was a really selfish class for a long time, too. But they got a viable support spec with scourge. Granted, because of the lack of unique buffs it is not favored as much as druids, but it is still a viable healing support.

I think Anet could be able to do the same here for warrior and thief. For example, thief has a trait that heals allies when shadowstepping.

If they give thief a new elite spec with mechanics to be able to shadowstep on allies and heal them with that skill, then this might double down on that playstyle and _could_ make thief a viable healer potentially. You just have to be creative.

personally i would love gs or offhand sword thief with a laijutsu style of gameplay similar to FFXIV's samurai class where you acumulate resources, and then use the laijutsu button to release a skill that is completely different depending of the amount of class resources you had when you used it ( in ffxiv it was either a dot, a frontal cone aoe, or a very hard hitting single target spike)

as much as i would love this however, considering thief allready got 2 elite specs centered about doing damage, most probably what they will get is a support spec with some weird weapon choice like focus or torch

> @"Tora.7214" said:

> personally i would love gs or offhand sword thief with a laijutsu style of gameplay similar to FFXIV's samurai class where you acumulate resources, and then use the laijutsu button to release a skill that is completely different depending of the amount of class resources you had when you used it ( in ffxiv it was either a dot, a frontal cone aoe, or a very hard hitting single target spike)

>

> as much as i would love this however, considering thief allready got 2 elite specs centered about doing damage, most probably what they will get is a support spec with some weird weapon choice like focus or torch

I really wonder why everyone always just wants more and more damage specs for their class.

I think it is way more interesting to have elite specs which are able to fill different roles of the trinity, so yeah, thief lacks a support elite spec.

> @"Tora.7214" said:

> personally i would love gs or offhand sword thief with a laijutsu style of gameplay similar to FFXIV's samurai class where you acumulate resources, and then use the laijutsu button to release a skill that is completely different depending of the amount of class resources you had when you used it ( in ffxiv it was either a dot, a frontal cone aoe, or a very hard hitting single target spike)

>

> as much as i would love this however, considering thief allready got 2 elite specs centered about doing damage, most probably what they will get is a support spec with some weird weapon choice like focus or torch

That would be sweet, love the idea. And in before people say teef dont fit samurai, samurai were a brutal bunch with a very loose code in reality, they invented ninjutsu after all. But ur prob right itl be some support spec with focus or somthing lol.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Tora.7214" said:

> > personally i would love gs or offhand sword thief with a laijutsu style of gameplay similar to FFXIV's samurai class where you acumulate resources, and then use the laijutsu button to release a skill that is completely different depending of the amount of class resources you had when you used it ( in ffxiv it was either a dot, a frontal cone aoe, or a very hard hitting single target spike)

> >

> > as much as i would love this however, considering thief allready got 2 elite specs centered about doing damage, most probably what they will get is a support spec with some weird weapon choice like focus or torch

>

> I really wonder why everyone always just wants more and more damage specs for their class.

>

> I think it is way more interesting to have elite specs which are able to fill different roles of the trinity, so yeah, thief lacks a support elite spec.

I agree but Anet can't even balance the current support specs(seems like they don't understand how the player base uses them), so I doubt any new ones they'll add will be balanced at all. It'll probably be blatant power creep or useless.

**Shadow bouncer**

Lore: To survive the political turmoil of kaineng the imperial family created a special division of assassin dedicated to catch other assassins. The profession gradually evolved into the _shadow bouncer_, a thief proficient in the art of revealing.

Quote: "You need a thief to catch a thief!"

Principle: The _shadow bouncer_ job being that of a bodyguard, it's abilities focus on keep track of their foes through an extensive study of reveal. This study has reduced their ability to use surprise attacks but opened up for them an interesting field of magic.

Mechanism: F1: _Shadow siphon:_ Drain shadows from your target, revealing it and forming a bundle.

Weapon: torch or/and scepter

Utilities: _Corruptions:_ Self-inflict reveal on yourself to cast "powerful" curses.

Traitline:

Minor: Strengthen reveal (Example: increase duration of reveal you apply on you and other)

Upper: Use reveal as a mean of strengthening the _shadow bouncer_ (Example: corruption trait Increase vitality by 180 while revealed).

Middle: Use reveal as a mean to curse (dps) your foes (Example: Torch trait apply burn for 3 seconds on revealing a foe).

Lower: Use reveal as a mean to curse (debuff) your foes (Example: Chill for 3 seconds foes you reveal)

I think it will still be some kind of spec that focuses on damage and is quite useless in raids/fracts. Probably will be nerfed over time and we'll go back to Daredevil staff spam in PvE.. So even in endgame PvE we'll be limited once again to DPS role and not even a #1 DPS on benchmarks so we won't be "in meta" as usual. That's what i think. And still the game will be ruled by guardians that have 9023094123 viable builds. Probably about time we ditch our thieves and invest in guardians. Cheers.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> Mechanism: F1: _Shadow siphon:_ Drain shadows from your target, revealing it

There is one big, fundamental problem with that, like many other reveal skills:

**You need a target.**

Since you can't target enemies that already are stealthed, this manner of reveal cannot be used to counter stealth which means **it's mostly useless.**

Instead of adding more target reveals, they should **rework every existing reveal skill** into an area reveal.

Pre-emptively revealing an enemy (that might not even have planned to use stealth) is pointless.