GW2 Popularity is taking toll on the AWS instance servers and the Trading Post

The game and the trading post have been pretty unstable for me a year and months before summit1g streamed. It's not his/her fault (sorry I don't know who the streamer is because I tend to avoid Twitch for various reasons). Or maybe it's just because I'm on EU and EU servers are having problems recently.

The trading post issue is getting beyond out of hand. I can get through selling MAYBE two or three items before it completely breaks and I can't sell anything for minutes before trying again, I either get the standard firewall error, the giant redscreen Error, or just lag out for 60 seconds. The TP is such an integral part of the game, it's absolutely boggles my MIND how they've let this issue go on for so long. Get your act together, ANet.

I get these problems as well, in NA. It's happening with selling, not buying. It's happening when I put in a sell order rather than instant sell. It does not seem to matter whether my sell price is in the top two prices (where the delay could be explained by active trades at that price point) or further down the sale prices (where the delay is not explained by that process). It happens in areas where there are few NPCs and there are no other players in view, and in areas where a bunch of players are gathered, for example a world boss event.

From the player perspective, it seems to strike randomly.

TP and the game are 2 separate things. TP is its own browser that can only be accessed from the game. The amount of daily transactions (in general) is so massive the TP would crash if not for the data wipe a listed item goes through. New players barely account into it as the existing quantity of TP traffic is problematic in on itself for years.

What the heck is up with the connection issues?

The auction house constantly gives errors, sometimes accidentally resulting in buying multiple copies of an item, and there are frequent random disconnects throughout the game... These especially suck when they happen towards the end of a story mission, and they always have this snooty message suggesting it’s your firewall (it’s not!)

I’ve really been enjoying being back after 6 years but jeez you would think these things would be fixed by now.

Anyway that’s it, the new expansions have been great. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

> @"Sparts.5302" said:

> What the heck is up with the connection issues?

>

> The auction house constantly gives errors, sometimes accidentally resulting in buying multiple copies of an item, and there are frequent random disconnects throughout the game... These especially suck when they happen towards the end of a story mission, and they always have this snooty message suggesting it’s your firewall (it’s not!)

>

> I’ve really been enjoying being back after 6 years but jeez you would think these things would be fixed by now.

>

> Anyway that’s it, the new expansions have been great. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

If you are disconnecting during Storyline sequences, you better get used to it. It's been a problem since HoT and there is a huge thread on the issue called "Storyline Disconnects" over in the Game Bug area.

You will find lots of pseudo-solutions and placebo effect responses, but at the end of the day there is no solid, permanent fix for it.

> @"dandamanno.4136" said:

> You will find lots of pseudo-solutions and placebo effect responses, but at the end of the day there is no solid, permanent fix for it.

There have been permanent fixes for disconnecting at specific points in the story, as some people have found it to be caused by their ISP, router or network adapter.